PDA

View Full Version : New macbook on the way :D

DRIVAR
Nov 15, 2008, 04:51 PM
Well I put my order in for a 2.4ghz macbook on in on friday night after work when I confirmed my funds! I must admit i'm very excited!! I love the look of the new macs and can't wait to get my hands on it! I've been a pc boy all my life and now it's finally time for the change and I dont think i'll look back :)

I just have a question though, it sais the laptop ships within 24hrs.. i'm guessing that doesnt include weekends as its still saying not shipped yet?

Thanks
B.

monkey86
Nov 15, 2008, 04:58 PM
yup weekends dont count :) congrats, enjoy it!

therealdt
Nov 15, 2008, 04:59 PM
I bought my shuffle off apple on a Sat, and I received it Tues. I live in the Northeast and the depot it came from was loacted in NC (i think).

weekends doesn't count, shipping was quick though

The Samurai
Nov 15, 2008, 05:45 PM
Nice one, you can drool on my video review (http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=x70tUH4Mt9c) until you receive it :D

Ironic
Nov 15, 2008, 05:54 PM
It will take 5 days if coming from china. this after it ships :(

HSE
Nov 15, 2008, 06:17 PM
It will take 5 days if coming from china. this after it ships :(

I custom ordered my MB on a Monday and received it Thursday

Ironic
Nov 15, 2008, 06:20 PM
I custom ordered my MB on a Monday and received it Thursday It never comes that fast:(

bankerkys
Nov 16, 2008, 01:20 AM
Congratulations. I just picked up a new Macbook Pro today (I exchanged a defective one :(). I get my new iphone tomorrow. :D

HSE
Nov 16, 2008, 01:53 AM
It never comes that fast:(

I should add, I did pay the $10 expedited fee

Ironic
Nov 16, 2008, 05:46 AM
from China no overnight, I learned the hard way!

youssefm
Nov 16, 2008, 08:48 AM
oh the expedited shipping isn't that good with apple, things tend to come at the same time expedited or not lol, but i always get my replacement stuff and repair stuff the next day.. the warehouse they sent stuff from for me is only a state away =D

therealdt
Nov 16, 2008, 04:34 PM
I'm sure you should receive within a few business depending how close you are to their depot. they should have MacBooks in stock unless they come off the slow boat.

D.M.S
Nov 16, 2008, 04:57 PM
sydney is usually next day delivery.

nubee
Nov 16, 2008, 07:29 PM
Mine shipped from China, and if I remember correctly, on my UPS tracking page, it looked like they processed it over the weekend. So I don't think they have off days. Could be wrong though.

DRIVAR
Nov 17, 2008, 10:21 PM
It just arrived!!
Well from the tracking sheet it started being processed first thing monday morning and just arrived at my house today, so all up 1 1/2 days to get from sydney to perth!
I assume they have a stockpile in sydney...

now i have to wait 4hrs until i get home *yawn*
Sux being at work :(

Primejimbo
Nov 17, 2008, 10:23 PM
It just arrived!!
Well from the tracking sheet it started being processed first thing monday morning and just arrived at my house today, so all up 1 1/2 days to get from sydney to perth!
I assume they have a stockpile in sydney...

now i have to wait 4hrs until i get home *yawn*
Sux being at work :(

it's going to be a long 4 hours now :p

DRIVAR
Nov 17, 2008, 10:24 PM
it's going to be a long 4 hours now :p

but.. the boss isnt in today ;)

DRIVAR
Nov 18, 2008, 07:11 AM
so i finally got it :)

it's perfect!!

No flaws, no bad screen, keyboard, battery cover etc.

Very happy, started to worry hearing about peoples dodgy laptops coming in.. so im happy :)

Funny its such a good looking laptop i dont even wana touch it!!

pagansoul
Nov 18, 2008, 10:55 AM

That's how I feel when I first buy any technology from Apple, you get over it, fast. :p

Twilight Elk
Nov 18, 2008, 12:39 PM
so i finally got it :)

it's perfect!!

No flaws, no bad screen, keyboard, battery cover etc.

Very happy, started to worry hearing about peoples dodgy laptops coming in.. so im happy :)

Congratulations on receiving your MacBook. I, too, got the 2.4GHz, but from the Apple Store. Mine is flawless too, so I understand you excitement :D

People should understand that flaws in computers are usually scattered and rare. It seems like everyone complains about their new MacBook because this is a Macbook thread and we are in a Macintosh-friendly website.