Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pjkelnhofer

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 8, 2003
Boston
I have apple.com as my homepage so everytime I open Safari there it is. Unscientifically, it seems that the Pepsi iTunes screen has been up now for longer than another single standing advertisement (going on two weeks). Even the Panther countdown rotated with other splash pages if memory serves.

I wonder if this is part of the deal with Pepsi (being displayed prominently on the website for XX days). If it is, I don't expect to see Apple update anything until they are through with that aspect of the agreement.

So any guesses on how long that will be?

jholzner

macrumors 65816
Jul 24, 2002
Champaign, IL
Also, perhaps apple figures a lot of people are going to their sight to check out the pepsi deal...if it's right there when they load the page it will be easier for them to get iTunes. Though, I wonder if they will leave it like that until the promo is over...another 6 weeks of the pepsi screen seems kinda boring but hey, if it helps them keep their lead in the downloadable music biz I say do it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.