PDA

View Full Version : Itunes cannot restore error 23 ?

iag48
Dec 2, 2008, 08:19 PM
I am trying to unlock my buddy's iphone with PWNAGE 2.2 but when I try to restore the iphone with the custom ipsw, I get an error 23. I have unlocked about 4 iphones and this is the first time I get this message.

sUGArDawg
Dec 2, 2008, 08:34 PM
See if you have a default web browser set

iag48
Dec 2, 2008, 08:38 PM
What do you mean? are you talking about phone itself or the macbook?

NeoMayhem
Dec 2, 2008, 08:45 PM
This is pretty common. Are you sure the phone is in DFU mode?

If you still cant get it to work, try restoring a stock firmware first, or run quickpwn, and then try to restore your pwnage ispw again.

iag48
Dec 2, 2008, 08:51 PM
Yea, I am in DFU for sure. I followed every step on the iclarified tutorial. Itunes starts to prepare the iphone and then I get the error and my phone screen turns white. I have never seen the screen go completely white.

iag48
Dec 2, 2008, 08:52 PM
by the way how would I go about installing the stock firmware? where is it available?

I tried to instal the default itunes 2.2 restore but I get the same message.

My buddy bought it from some guy on craigslist. when he received it the screen was on the "CONNECT TO ITUNES". He told my friend that he attempted to unlock it and was not successful. I am starting to think he bricked the phone perhaps? or maybe he used another software or Windows machine and I have to use the original software he used?

NeoMayhem
Dec 2, 2008, 11:15 PM
by the way how would I go about installing the stock firmware? where is it available?

I tried to instal the default itunes 2.2 restore but I get the same message.

My buddy bought it from some guy on craigslist. when he received it the screen was on the "CONNECT TO ITUNES". He told my friend that he attempted to unlock it and was not successful. I am starting to think he bricked the phone perhaps? or maybe he used another software or Windows machine and I have to use the original software he used?

So you have never had the phone working? I cant say for sure what is wrong, but it is probably not bricked. I have fixed a few peoples phones with that error a few times by doing what I said above, but this could definitely be something else.

Have you tried restoring different versions of the firmware? I would try a 1.x version first if you cant get 2.2 working. Once you get it up and running it should be easy to upgrade.

iag48
Dec 2, 2008, 11:33 PM
Is there anyway to find out the specific error code 23?

On Apple's site there is no information regarding this error.

btw thanks for taking time out to assist me.

nimda0
Dec 2, 2008, 11:35 PM
Is there anyway to find out the specific error code 23?

On Apple's site there is no information regarding this error.

btw thanks for taking time out to assist me.

This comes straight from Apple's support website:

This can occur if no default browser is specified. To set your default browser, follow these steps:

For Windows Vista

From the Start menu, click Default Programs.
Click Set Defaults.
Click "Set your default programs."
Select the browser of your choice from the list.
Click OK.
For Windows XP

From the Start menu, click Set program access and defaults.
Click Custom.
In the "Choose a default web browser" section, select the browser of your choice.
Click OK.
Mac OS X

Open Safari.
Choose Safari > Preferences.
Click General.
Select your preferred browser from the "Default Web Browser" pop-up menu and close the Preferences window.

iag48
Dec 2, 2008, 11:58 PM
Nimba0, I have Safari as my default browser. I have not been able to find much information about similar error codes. Interesting.

thanks. If I fix it , I will let you know what was the solution.

cova----
Dec 3, 2008, 03:31 AM
hi friend, i bought an iphone with this error, on a forum, and i am finding out how to repair it, as soon as i know anything i will post it, also if you repair it, please tell us the way. thanks   

iag48
Dec 3, 2008, 01:33 PM
Cova, I definitely will tell you if I find out how to fix it. Does your screen go all white right after you get the error message?

I'm starting to think its probably a bootleg lol. It certainly does not look and feel that way.

DPB17
Dec 3, 2008, 02:23 PM
HERE YOU GO

http://tinyurl.com/66ewsh

cova----
Dec 4, 2008, 03:02 AM
yes man, i have no idea, no post on google about the error 23, it i strange, do you think the iphone will die???? thanks friends  

bibab
Dec 4, 2008, 09:08 AM
Well, I know that problem:

1. after my iphone fell down last week, it didnt recognize my sim card anymore. I restarted it and then I got a message telling me to restore the software

2. I tried restoring the phone, it prepared the phone and stopped, giving me an Error 23. I tried that with the normal software provided by apple as well with a jailbreaked version, no luck so far.

3. Apple homepage lists some errors: http://support.apple.com/kb/TS1275
but theres nothing about error 23.

4. Google search gives NO results except this entry.

5. Worst case could be a hardware problem. I will try to reach Apple support to find out what error 23 means.

Anybody has any other suggestions?

cova----
Dec 5, 2008, 11:48 AM
man i have no idea, i call apple, and the told me to wait one week, but man, i think the iphone has died   do you find out anything??? thanks  

iag48
Dec 5, 2008, 03:26 PM
Hey Cova, I called today a store in chinatown that fix, unlocks Iphones and they said they are familiar with the problem. They charge 55 to fix. I ll probably head there if I cannot find another solution.

cova----
Dec 7, 2008, 05:13 AM
okkk, pleasee tell me as soon as you get results   thanks 

nimda0
Dec 17, 2008, 09:32 AM
Nimba0, I have Safari as my default browser. I have not been able to find much information about similar error codes. Interesting.

thanks. If I fix it , I will let you know what was the solution.

I'm not sure why you couldn't find it..... here's the link to Apples website. Basic search on their website found it for me. I was also able to find the same thing using google and yahoo.

http://support.apple.com/kb/TS1259

It says how to fix error 23, however the topic is about error 23 occurring after connecting Nike+ ipod data from ipod nano..... it's the same error though.

Just like i told you above.

bibab
Dec 27, 2008, 05:15 AM
its definitely not the error with the default brwoser not specified. I understand that this poses a problem when accessing the webpage to transfer nike+ data, but its not connected to the iphone problem. The problem occurs when accessing the phone to restore the software and it gives an fatal communication error. As itunes does not access any webpages after it downloaded the software, error code 23 means a different thing for the iphone. I guess this is to indicate some communication problem in general, but for different reasons in both cases.
Its definitely a problem of the phone, as different cables and different computers (mac +pc) and different itunes versions (7.7-8.0.2) dont change anything

GSMiphone
Feb 20, 2009, 11:06 AM
Hii for all ... i have the same this problem any one can sloved this problem i tried to change 3 PC also the USB cable ... but tha same i got Error 23 i think the problem not software ..... think the probem hardware ..

Respectfully

Lapatskiy
Aug 15, 2009, 02:05 AM
Hi everyone, i read all the internet on how to bring my iphone alive from the 23 restore error, well after researching i decided to do something myself so this is what i did. I have iphone 3g 16gb and i had 3.0 version and one night i was talking on the phone, and the service went out, and i heard is a buzzz, i restarted it and it never came back, so what i did, i jailbroke it again with redsn0w and it actually came back alive but the problem is that i have no service no wifi no bluetooth, so i was wondering is there anything i can do with my iphone, all the access i have is the usb and jailbroken iphone?

SpaceKitty
Aug 15, 2009, 02:27 AM
Hi everyone, i read all the internet on how to bring my iphone alive from the 23 restore error, well after researching i decided to do something myself so this is what i did. I have iphone 3g 16gb and i had 3.0 version and one night i was talking on the phone, and the service went out, and i heard is a buzzz, i restarted it and it never came back, so what i did, i jailbroke it again with redsn0w and it actually came back alive but the problem is that i have no service no wifi no bluetooth, so i was wondering is there anything i can do with my iphone, all the access i have is the usb and jailbroken iphone?

Mine is the same, no WiFi, no bluetooth, no 3G, no edge, nothing involving the radios. I think we bricked our phones.

Mine says my iPhone cannot make or receive calls and to restore in iTunes shich gives the error 23.

Lapatskiy
Aug 15, 2009, 03:06 AM
Mine is the same, no WiFi, no bluetooth, no 3G, no edge, nothing involving the radios. I think we bricked our phones.

Mine says my iPhone cannot make or receive calls and to restore in iTunes shich gives the error 23.

Hey but thats fine ill rather look at some pics that i have:)
Ok well here is what i am doing i went to general and pick reset all content and settings which means it will be brand new iphone hopefully baseband, and its says it takes 2 hours, before i couldn't even do anything, not even access any files, well now its actually started the process of restoring ill let you know how it went, and ill post my results, and if it works then the error 23 resolved...

SpaceKitty
Aug 15, 2009, 03:09 AM
Hey but thats fine ill rather look at some pics that i have:)
Ok well here is what i am doing i went to general and pick reset all content and settings which means it will be brand new iphone hopefully baseband, and its says it takes 2 hours, before i couldn't even do anything, not even access any files, well now its actually started the process of restoring ill let you know how it went, and ill post my results, and if it works then the error 23 resolved...

Thanks, good luck.

SpaceKitty
Aug 16, 2009, 07:38 PM
I was able to get a new iPhone just now from the Apple store. The guy couldn't get the iPhone to go into restore mode so all he did was check the water indicators and then he got me a new phone.

Very easy! First thing I'm doing is jailbreaking! :D

klassykyle
Aug 17, 2009, 12:59 AM
I was able to get a new iPhone just now from the Apple store. The guy couldn't get the iPhone to go into restore mode so all he did was check the water indicators and then he got me a new phone.

That's AWESOME! Do they not care who your service provider is? Seems like we have the VERY same problem. I bought my phone off craigslist, had a friend unlock it, it was working well and then all the sudden got the cannot receive or make calls, restore using itunes. Tried to restore only to get an error 23. When you went what exactly did you say??? Any help would be appreciated thankksssss

SpaceKitty
Aug 17, 2009, 01:05 AM
That's AWESOME! Do they not care who your service provider is? Seems like we have the VERY same problem. I bought my phone off craigslist, had a friend unlock it, it was working well and then all the sudden got the cannot receive or make calls, restore using itunes. Tried to restore only to get an error 23. When you went what exactly did you say??? Any help would be appreciated thankksssss

My iPhone service is with AT&T so there was no problem in returning the iPhone for a new one. I only jailbreak my phone to use Cydia apps such as iBlacklist and 3GUnrestrictor and for some themes.

I just told the guy at the Apple store that I woke up and it had the restore message on the screen, which it did. Mine stopped being able to bootup which helped me, when I went into settings and hit the erase all content and settings button. Once that was done, the iPhone went into a constant reboot and would not go into restore mode.

klassykyle
Aug 17, 2009, 01:13 AM
My iPhone service is with AT&T so there was no problem in returning the iPhone for a new one. I only jailbreak my phone to use Cydia apps such as iBlacklist and 3GUnrestrictor and for some themes.

I just told the guy at the Apple store that I woke up and it had the restore message on the screen, which it did. Mine stopped being able to bootup which helped me, when I went into settings and hit the erase all content and settings button. Once that was done, the iPhone went into a constant reboot and would not go into restore mode.

Ahh I am afraid they will give me a hard time since I have T-Mobile. I'm thinking about dragging a friend along with me and having them claim its their phone and put their SIM card in. Did they have you show them your SIM card or anything???

klassykyle
Aug 17, 2009, 08:13 PM

Quick question, was your phone being recognized by iTunes? I can get to the restore point, does that mean that its in restore MODE? It gets to about 80% done and then gives me the 23 error.

SpaceKitty
Aug 17, 2009, 08:28 PM
Quick question, was your phone being recognized by iTunes? I can get to the restore point, does that mean that its in restore MODE? It gets to about 80% done and then gives me the 23 error.

I could get iTunes to recognize the phone only when I would put it into restore mode. The restore would fail as soon as it got done extracting the restore files. It never would get to restore it even for a second. The iPhone was completely. Even the Apple guy couldn't really get it into restore mode.

klassykyle
Aug 17, 2009, 09:50 PM
I could get iTunes to recognize the phone only when I would put it into restore mode. The restore would fail as soon as it got done extracting the restore files. It never would get to restore it even for a second. The iPhone was completely. Even the Apple guy couldn't really get it into restore mode.

Was your phone stuck on the itunes/usb logo? Hmmm mine actually restores for like 80% of the total bar and then the error 23 comes. The minute you hit restore yours got an error?

SpaceKitty
Aug 17, 2009, 09:55 PM
Was your phone stuck on the itunes/usb logo? Hmmm mine actually restores for like 80% of the total bar and then the error 23 comes. The minute you hit restore yours got an error?

It was stuck on the same screen as yours. I was able to get the phone to get past that by using Purplera1n again. Once I was able to get to the normal "desktop" of the phone, I could see that there was no WiFi, no 3G, no edge, no bluetooth. In settings, all those options were grayed out. I then went in and selected the erase all settings and content button and that made the phone a brick. The phone could not boot up, just apple logo for a few minutes, reboot, apple logo, reboot. There was no longer a restore mode after that.

Yes, the restore failed as soon as iTunes got done extracting whatever it does before it starts the actual restore. As soon as it would try to connect to the phone, it failed.

klassykyle
Aug 17, 2009, 10:38 PM
It was stuck on the same screen as yours. I was able to get the phone to get past that by using Purplera1n again. Once I was able to get to the normal "desktop" of the phone, I could see that there was no WiFi, no 3G, no edge, no bluetooth. In settings, all those options were grayed out. I then went in and selected the erase all settings and content button and that made the phone a brick. The phone could not boot up, just apple logo for a few minutes, reboot, apple logo, reboot. There was no longer a restore mode after that.

Yes, the restore failed as soon as iTunes got done extracting whatever it does before it starts the actual restore. As soon as it would try to connect to the phone, it failed.

I think I am going to try to duplicate what you did in order to get a new phone too. Cuz as of right now I am exhausted of other options... is purplera1n easy to use?

klassykyle
Aug 17, 2009, 10:43 PM
I just ran purple rain and it ended up on the same screen, just has the usb/itunes logo

longhunter
Aug 20, 2009, 01:11 PM

Hello Lapatslily,

I came from Japan and i got exactly same your problem.
I had try to downgrade the lower firmware 2.2, but it still remains error.
I had try redsn0w again, and then restore and the error 23 always came up.

Did you find your solution?

Thanks.

ANDYMILLMAN
Aug 20, 2009, 05:28 PM
having exactly the same problem...

2009-08-20 17:33:17.233 iTunes.exe[2400:16dc]: restore library built Jul 8 2009 18:40:00
2009-08-20 17:33:17.233 iTunes.exe[2400:16dc]: iTunes: iTunes 8.2.1.6
2009-08-20 17:33:17.233 iTunes.exe[2400:16dc]: iTunes: Software payload version: 7A400
2009-08-20 17:33:17.331 iTunes.exe[2400:af4]: iTunes: Specifying UOI boot image
2009-08-20 17:33:17.334 iTunes.exe[2400:af4]: iBoot build-version = iBoot-596.24
2009-08-20 17:33:17.335 iTunes.exe[2400:af4]: iBoot build-style = RELEASE
2009-08-20 17:33:17.336 iTunes.exe[2400:af4]: <Recovery Mode Device 078C2E70>: operation 44 progress -1
2009-08-20 17:33:17.374 iTunes.exe[2400:af4]: phoning home to gs.apple.com:80
2009-08-20 17:33:17.374 iTunes.exe[2400:af4]: tss_add_entry: ApECID
2009-08-20 17:33:17.374 iTunes.exe[2400:af4]: tss_add_entry: ApChipID
2009-08-20 17:33:17.375 iTunes.exe[2400:af4]: tss_add_entry: ApBoardID
2009-08-20 17:33:17.375 iTunes.exe[2400:af4]: tss_add_entry: ApProductionMode
2009-08-20 17:33:17.375 iTunes.exe[2400:af4]: tss_add_entry: ApSecurityDomain
2009-08-20 17:33:17.375 iTunes.exe[2400:af4]: tss_add_entry: @Locality
2009-08-20 17:33:17.375 iTunes.exe[2400:af4]: tss_add_entry: RestoreLogo
2009-08-20 17:33:17.375 iTunes.exe[2400:af4]: tss_add_entry: RestoreDeviceTree
2009-08-20 17:33:17.375 iTunes.exe[2400:af4]: tss_add_entry: RestoreKernelCache
2009-08-20 17:33:17.375 iTunes.exe[2400:af4]: tss_add_entry: RestoreRamDisk
2009-08-20 17:33:17.375 iTunes.exe[2400:af4]: tss_add_entry: iBEC
2009-08-20 17:33:18.506 iTunes.exe[2400:af4]: received tss response
2009-08-20 17:33:18.699 iTunes.exe[2400:af4]: radio-error = 512
2009-08-20 17:33:18.700 iTunes.exe[2400:af4]: radio-error-string = 'Communication failure'
2009-08-20 17:33:18.700 iTunes.exe[2400:af4]: fatal recovery mode radio error
2009-08-20 17:33:25.290 iTunes.exe[2400:16dc]: iTunes: Restore error 23

managed to get back to the "Desktop" like others...and hit erase all settings....

the phone is now stuck on apple logo / cog...

I can still get it in DFU mode...itunes detects...trys to restore..but then error 23 at the same point..

its completely knackered!! heh

SpaceKitty
Aug 20, 2009, 05:30 PM
The only fix is getting it replaced at the Apple store. The iPhone is bricked. Seriously.

Most likely this happened after restoring from a previous backup that was jailbroken. Mine happened after using aptbackup. I got my iPhone replaced at the Apple store. It's good that you erased all settings because they can't detect that the iPhone was modified at all.

ANDYMILLMAN
Aug 20, 2009, 05:37 PM
The only fix is getting it replaced at the Apple store. The iPhone is bricked. Seriously.

Most likely this happened after restoring from a previous backup that was jailbroken. Mine happened after using aptbackup. I got my iPhone replaced at the Apple store. It's good that you erased all settings because they can't detect that the iPhone was modified at all.

after i hit erase all settings, the phone rebooted and i got the apple logo with the progress bar...for about 5 mins...then the phone rebooted...and then started the apple logo / cog wheel..reboot cycle ...

do u reckon this has completely wiped properly?? its getting sent back to apple tomorrow and i dont want to take any chances..

SpaceKitty
Aug 20, 2009, 05:40 PM
after i hit erase all settings, the phone rebooted and i got the apple logo with the progress bar...for about 5 mins...then the phone rebooted...and then started the apple logo / cog wheel..reboot cycle ...

do u reckon this has completely wiped properly?? its getting sent back to apple tomorrow and i dont want to take any chances..

Yes, that erased everything. They won't be able to tell it was jailbroken since the iPhone can't even get past the Apple logo. There is nothing they have that can detect that it was jailbroken with the phone like this.

amrakh
Dec 28, 2009, 06:28 PM
hey...i know u guys are having trouble with the error 23...and so did i until>>>

i put my iphone on DFU mode and ran redsn0w and it worked.....

so those of u that are having trouble with error 23..just put ur iphone on DFU mode then run redsnow and follow the steps !!

reply if it worked:)

SpaceKitty
Dec 28, 2009, 06:30 PM
hey...i know u guys are having trouble with the error 23...and so did i until>>>

i put my iphone on DFU mode and ran redsn0w and it worked.....

so those of u that are having trouble with error 23..just put ur iphone on DFU mode then run redsnow and follow the steps !!

reply if it worked:)

It is only possible to fix an error 23 on a 2G iPhone. On a 3G and 3GS, it isn't possible to fix.

amrakh
Dec 28, 2009, 06:38 PM
It is only possible to fix an error 23 on a 2G iPhone. On a 3G and 3GS, it isn't possible to fix.

well im not sure about that..but my iphone is 2g....

SpaceKitty
Dec 28, 2009, 06:39 PM
well im not sure about that..but my iphone is 2g....
Like I said, it only works with 2G iPhones.

amrakh
Dec 28, 2009, 06:51 PM
Like I said, it only works with 2G iPhones.

actually..never mind...even i couldn't work it..it got stuck on "Downloading jailbreak data" then turned on and came up with the mergency call

any ideas ?

pcs are junk
Dec 30, 2009, 01:46 AM
try getting 3.1.2? thats probably why, u dont want 2.2, thats old, and apple's probably rejected that by now.

kbsii09v
Jan 9, 2010, 01:04 AM
It could be a baseband/bootloader problem. Try kiPhone, it can be found by searching 'Downgrade from 3.0 to 1.1.4' on google, the site is macciti.

Check Debug and iErase, then try to do whatever upgrade/downgrade you were before in iTunes.

dhlizard
Jan 9, 2010, 06:06 AM
Ahh I am afraid they will give me a hard time since I have T-Mobile. I'm thinking about dragging a friend along with me and having them claim its their phone and put their SIM card in. Did they have you show them your SIM card or anything???

Old thread....phone probably long since replaced

prakashdevadas
Jan 20, 2010, 08:50 PM
Try uninstalling iTunes, Delete/Move all the files under C:\Documents and Settings\~user~\Application Data\Apple Computer\iTunes~/user~/iTunes/*
Switch of Windows Firewall and also Antivirus firewall(if any).
Restart PC, install iTunes and try restoring.
I have restored my iPhone 3G giving error 23 while restoring to 3.1.2 and showing IMEI unknown, ICCID unknown on iPhone.

AAred
Apr 17, 2010, 08:50 PM
Hey I got some info: if u have the 23 error, look at this
http://support.apple.com/kb/TS1559
it seems to be a hardware malfunction

dhlizard
Apr 17, 2010, 09:50 PM
Hey I got some info: if u have the 23 error, look at this
http://support.apple.com/kb/TS1559
it seems to be a hardware malfunction

That is true, 23 is a hardware error indicator, but since this is months old, they probably have it resolved by now.

harshawii
Apr 25, 2010, 10:17 PM
That is true, 23 is a hardware error indicator, but since this is months old, they probably have it resolved by now.

I've got the same issue... but what makes this worse is my warranty is up, I cant even get it replaced by apple. :mad:

harshawii
Apr 25, 2010, 11:45 PM
Wow... ok, well I just fixed my phone. After a million attempts and trying everything I've read here... Its working now. Here's what I've tried so far...

Once I unplugged my headphones at the gym, I look down at my phone and it says No Service. I reboot my phone and it says connect to itunes. I get home connect to itunes and it wont restore / update. Gives me Error 23. I reboot my phone all I get is slide for emergency. I was able to get back into my phone with blackrain, I do a reset in settings. After the progress is completed my phone reboots... then keeps rebooting every few minutes. I tried connecting to itunes again and still error 23. I tried redsnow, it would get all the way to the activation part and halt. I tried with another PC, Same problems. I took my phone into the apple store the next day, they said there was nothing wrong with my hardware. There is nothing they can do because its outta warranty. I go home pissed off and try the same steps again. I called apple support and there was nothing he could do for me over the phone. He suggest a removal of itunes and a fresh install. Which I did... by the time I was able to get itunes reinstalled my phone wouldn't power on anymore. I plugged my phone into the wall charger and left it in untill I came into work tonight. Posted on here a hour or so ago to keep this thread alive. Got curious to see if I could get this **** to work so I tried it again... and it works. So maybe a new install of itunes fixes the issue? or just leaving your phone alone lol!??! who knows.. hopefully this helps others out there. Good Luck!!!

mrdarkcastle
Jun 2, 2010, 03:29 PM
I found the solution in my case

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My 3g Iphone would not come on unless plugged in to a computer and only gave the apple screen when it was. I was getting the code 23 in both recovery and DFU mode. I tried multiple computers and operating systems and still got the error. If i had thought about it unstead of being stressed I would have figured out the solution much faster.

Code 23 is an error connecting to Itunes so the best way is to narrow down what coule be causing the problem.

#1 Itunes corrupt software
#2 Corrupt USB drivers or a bad usb port.
#3 A bad Iphone usb cable
#4 A bad data port on the IPhone the cable was connecting to (This was my problem).

I also replaced the battery when I broke it down this far and I doubt this was part of the problem but, when I did replace it and the data port everything was fine again.

I tried many different things and started to catch on when using iTunnel and winscp and it would lose connection.

I wish you all the best of luck finding the answer to your problem and hope this helps someone else out there.

Bettz1
Aug 19, 2010, 06:23 AM
I found the solution in my case

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My 3g Iphone would not come on unless plugged in to a computer and only gave the apple screen when it was. I was getting the code 23 in both recovery and DFU mode. I tried multiple computers and operating systems and still got the error. If i had thought about it unstead of being stressed I would have figured out the solution much faster.

Code 23 is an error connecting to Itunes so the best way is to narrow down what coule be causing the problem.

#1 Itunes corrupt software
#2 Corrupt USB drivers or a bad usb port.
#3 A bad Iphone usb cable
#4 A bad data port on the IPhone the cable was connecting to (This was my problem).

I also replaced the battery when I broke it down this far and I doubt this was part of the problem but, when I did replace it and the data port everything was fine again.

I tried many different things and started to catch on when using iTunnel and winscp and it would lose connection.

I wish you all the best of luck finding the answer to your problem and hope this helps someone else out there.

I'm in the process of doing a battery change fingers crossed mine's outta warranty aswell so can't do any harm if this doesnt work i'll pay the out of replacement charge.

alexwozere10
Aug 20, 2010, 08:33 AM
Hey Cova, I called today a store in chinatown that fix, unlocks Iphones and they said they are familiar with the problem. They charge 55 to fix. I ll probably head there if I cannot find another solution.

hey do they still repair them for 55 or have you found a fix many thanks

nickyg22
Feb 25, 2011, 08:34 AM
Hi
I had the same problem with my iphone 3g at first it overheated and came up with the warning screen "i-phone needs to cool down before use" this would not let me restore the phone in either "DFU" or "Restore" mode. i google my little fingers off trying to find a solution near every post i looked at said take the phone back to apple. Well i was out of warrenty and apple wanted 150 to fix the phone :eek: i was like no way can buy one from ebay for less than that.
so i tried my self i opened the I-Phone removed the front half then took the ciruit board out i then cleaned off all the connectors i could see.

After putting the phone back together it aloud me to charge, and Restore in itunes but i was still getting the over heated warning screen :confused::mad: so i opend the phone once more and took off the metal protection plates over the chips on the motherboard cleaned the phone down with cotton swabs (buds)

put the phone back together and it works fine now updated switched on and working fine

hope this helps any one else that may be stuck with this problem:D

fphlash123atyah
Mar 20, 2011, 12:17 AM
all came down to no power with no cord....hello, BATTERY! that easy.

veranice
May 19, 2011, 12:46 AM
I registered just so I can reply. I spent almost a whole day trying to figure this one out and I attempted to replace the battery and low and behold!

Working!! didn't even have to restore. Came back up good as new!!

why can't it just say "error 23 Replace your battery Fool!"

Veranice:cool: