PDA

View Full Version : Re: virus for mac, BBC article

grooveattack
Dec 3, 2008, 05:29 AM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/7760344.stm

it was a mistake people!!!! thank god for that!!!!
enjoy...

wrong button, can you move this to software?!? thanks!

Tallest Skil
Dec 3, 2008, 05:32 AM
What do you mean a mistake? Apple wasn't wrong. Anti-virus on a Mac protects Windows users; that's it.

How is a mistake if Apple is removing the articles? The mistake comes from every. fricking. idiotic. news. site. that decided that OS X isn't safe anymore.

So THANK YOU news sites! THANK YOU for causing a resurgence in people creating individual threads about Mac viruses because their reason for starting the thread is just slightly different than everyone else's.

grooveattack
Dec 3, 2008, 05:35 AM
What do you mean a mistake? Apple wasn't wrong. Anti-virus on a Mac protects Windows users; that's it.

How is a mistake if Apple is removing the articles? The mistake comes from every. fricking. idiotic. news. site. that decided that OS X isn't safe anymore.

So THANK YOU news sites! THANK YOU for causing a resurgence in people creating individual threads about Mac viruses because their reason for starting the thread is just slightly different than everyone else's.

wow... some ones having a bad day, just wanted people to know that apple retracted the article, should reassure people.
and i am sooo sorry my post did not meet your high standard sir... i will be more careful in the future, a thousand apologies your highness....

Tallest Skil
Dec 3, 2008, 05:39 AM
Cut the sniveling, I'm not mad at you.

Threats don't go away because someone stops saying they exist.

That logic doesn't apply here, as there really IS no threat, but a problem can still exist if a company retracts a statement.

MH01
Dec 3, 2008, 06:28 AM
You guys realize that macs are not immune to viruses. The reality is that there are hell of a lot more of them on Windows....but you get that with 90% market share.

Just google anti-virus for mac, there are a number of products available.

Just be glad that macs are $$ and most hackers cannot afford one, and careless about them. If mac market share goes up, so will the amount of threats.

Sky Blue
Dec 3, 2008, 06:33 AM
You guys realize that macs are not immune to viruses. The reality is that there are hell of a lot more of them on Windows....but you get that with 90% market share.

Just google anti-virus for mac, there are a number of products available.

Just be glad that macs are $$ and most hackers cannot afford one, and careless about them. If mac market share goes up, so will the amount of threats.

facepalm.jpg

Blue Velvet
Dec 3, 2008, 06:38 AM
Let's take the hair-splitting over here (http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=609392), thanks, where Tonerl has already noted that the Apple article in question has been pulled.