PDA

View Full Version : For those waiting for their 120GB(HDD) Rev.B MBA

ashowkati
Dec 5, 2008, 04:00 AM
So Apple revised their MacBook Air lineup on October 19, dubbed "Revision B". However customers have experienced massive delays (beyond the promised "2-3 weeks") with the new base model: $1799/1.6GHz/2GB/120GB, but specifically any model configured with the (spinning disc) 120GB HDD. To the point that I don't believe that there isn't a single Rev. B HDD MBA in the wild. Even more so that Apple is starting to send customers of said configuration their orders with free upgrades to SSD, just to get it to them (as obvious in a couple other threads in this forum).

It is obvious that the delay is due to some kind of problem Apple is having with those HDDs on the production end. Now Mr. :apple: Jobs stated in Macworld '08 that the MBA uses the same HDD that is used in the iPod Classic. From what I've gathered, it seems like that HDD is plenty for iPod firmware, yet not powerful enough for the more complex OS X.

I just placed my order today and my shipping date is Dec.26 (exactly 3 weeks) and the delivery date is Dec.31. Basically I'm trying to figure out what Apple is going to do about this issue, and how long will it take them. It is still purchasable online. Will they take the whole line back to formula? Or will they just stall as much as it can then send me an SSD upgrade? Not that I'm thinking wishfully or anything, just curious.

andreab35
Dec 5, 2008, 04:34 AM
Wirelessly posted (iPhone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5G77 Safari/525.20)

I ordered myself the lowest end Rev. B MBA too. I placed my order on Nov. 23rd and my Air is shipping to me the 19th of Dec.
I honestly don't know what will happen for my or other MBAs like these or for what's going on over there at Apple. I have read that some people have been bumped up to SSDs for free. I have checked my order status but nothng has changed from HDD to SSD. We'll see what happens. But I am very eager for my Air. :)

RedTomato
Dec 5, 2008, 04:57 AM
I'm in the UK, and my boss has just ordered a HDD MBA too from Apple in Regent Street. We've been told that none are available.

:confused::confused:

h1d
Dec 5, 2008, 07:47 AM
The HDD supplier isn't making enough production last I heard. And for those, that could order the HDD ones and are on hold for a while had the chance for free SSD upgrade. :)

RedTomato
Dec 5, 2008, 07:57 AM
The HDD supplier isn't making enough production last I heard. And for those, that could order the HDD ones and are on hold for a while had the chance for free SSD upgrade. :)

Really?????

Does this apply in the UK too?

GoCubsGo
Dec 5, 2008, 08:00 AM

Really?????

Does this apply in the UK too?

I wouldn't expect a free SSD upgrade. It is possible but not probable and to buy now online and expect to be upgraded may lead to disappointments.

My issue is I can't depend on the supposed ship date and due to me moving house 1/1, I am stuck with waiting it out or paying for the SSD model ... an item I simply don't need.

h1d
Dec 5, 2008, 08:10 AM
I just heard some people actually got a free upgrade, but I don't know how you could even apply to it anymore or how many got the free upgrade.

nph
Dec 5, 2008, 08:14 AM
The Apple store in Willowbend in Plano, Texas has a display unit. When I asked they said they had both models in stock. Problem is the floor model had a bad screen.

GoCubsGo
Dec 5, 2008, 11:08 AM
The Apple store in Willowbend in Plano, Texas has a display unit. When I asked they said they had both models in stock. Problem is the floor model had a bad screen.

I'd challenge this. There aren't floor models out yet either. If you go back a screen shot would be great. Gives us "waiters" a glimmer of hope that this model will exist. :)

ashowkati
Dec 5, 2008, 12:13 PM
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5G77 Safari/525.20)

Yeah I also challenge it. At the Valley Fair Apple store. They are using a Rev.A base model at $1599 in place of the new one.

Quick way to check quick rev url looking at... The new ones have the mini display port ( more square shaped). The old ones have mini dvi (looks like USB).

Daveway
Dec 5, 2008, 12:47 PM
I pre-ordered with Amazon days after the announcement. Consequently, I've come to peace with the fact that I may be without a laptop until January.

descartes
Dec 5, 2008, 01:53 PM
people are lucking out getting the ssd upgrades. may be worth ordering one and hoping for the upgrade.

andreab35
Dec 5, 2008, 03:42 PM
Well there is some kind of backup as the Apple Store online indicates.

1.6 GHz MBAs ship in 2-3 weeks while the 1.86 GHz MBAs ship within 24 hours...

mhnajjar
Dec 5, 2008, 03:57 PM
Any one ordered prior to Nov 23? I am just curious to know the delivery date.

In other words, any one with delivery dates prior than Dec. 19 for the base rev B?

andreab35
Dec 5, 2008, 04:10 PM
Wirelessly posted (iPhone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5G77 Safari/525.20)

In other words, any one with delivery dates prior than Dec. 19 for the base rev B?

Ordered mine right on Nov. 23rd and it's supposedly coming Dec. 19th.
MBA Rev. B 1.6GHz 120 SSD.

Kan-O-Z
Dec 5, 2008, 04:30 PM
people are lucking out getting the ssd upgrades. may be worth ordering one and hoping for the upgrade.

I think the way this works is that if Apple gives you an estimated wait time like 2-3 weeks and it ends up being like 4+ weeks then you may qualify for something. I do think they will come in right around Xmas or 1st week in Jan....which would disqualify you from a free upgrade as it's close enough to the window they are giving.

Kan-O-Z

michaeldavid
Dec 5, 2008, 06:05 PM

Ships Dec 10th, delivers 15th for me so I'll find out in a few days

mhnajjar
Dec 5, 2008, 06:38 PM
Ships Dec 10th, delivers 15th for me so I'll find out in a few days

Please let us know because mine ships on the 16th, delivers on the 19th and I cannot wait :o

michaeldavid
Dec 5, 2008, 06:57 PM
Please let us know because mine ships on the 16th, delivers on the 19th and I cannot wait :o

Will do. I'm in exam period right now with some heavy courses so that's taking my mind off the wait at least!

nph
Dec 5, 2008, 11:08 PM
I will take a pic at Willow bend tomorrow and post it later. I even asked and the guy came back after checking the stock and said they had both models in stock. I did a 'about this mac' and it stated 120G Hard Drive...
;)

mhnajjar
Dec 6, 2008, 12:51 AM
Will do. I'm in exam period right now with some heavy courses so that's taking my mind off the wait at least!

I am in a similar situation with my courses but that isn't holding me from thinking of my Air since I really hope it is going to be a winner this time after trying hundreds of rev A :(

Racerdog55
Dec 6, 2008, 03:34 AM
I ordered my 1.86 with 128GBSSD and a super drive, from the Apple Online Store Thursday night and I got a Fedex tracking # Friday morning with a delivery date of Tuesday Dec. 8.

ashowkati
Dec 6, 2008, 04:05 AM
I ordered my 1.86 with 128GBSSD and a super drive, from the Apple Online Store Thursday night and I got a Fedex tracking # Friday morning with a delivery date of Tuesday Dec. 8.

Yeah that sounds about right. The problem is definitely with the 120GB HDDs. I'm wondering weather they are really backed up or if the HDDs are faulty and they don't want MBAs exploding in customers laps. The fact that they seem not to exist suggests the latter. I wish we had an inside source... (cue anonymous post :D)

andreab35
Dec 6, 2008, 04:42 AM

Yeah that sounds about right. The problem is definitely with the 120GB HDDs. I'm wondering weather they are really backed up or if the HDDs are faulty and they don't want MBAs exploding in customers laps. The fact that they seem not to exist suggests the latter. I wish we had an inside source... (cue anonymous post :D)

True, I wish we did have an inside source, because I would, and all of you would like to know the 100% truth of what's going on with these HDD MBAs.
I chatted to an Apple person using the online store chat. Instead of gettng an, "I don't know at this time," I got, "There is a great demand for these spec. MBAs." Yeah...

GoCubsGo
Dec 6, 2008, 10:25 PM
I will take a pic at Willow bend tomorrow and post it later. I even asked and the guy came back after checking the stock and said they had both models in stock. I did a 'about this mac' and it stated 120G Hard Drive...
;)

Pretty sure he is wrong. Five Apple stores have proven to have completely mindless staff who really do not know what they're doing in terms of this model MB Air. I'm fairly certain you're mistaken and you didn't see a 120GB HDD model. If you did then it would be a miracle as Apple themselves have said no stores have them yet.

mhnajjar
Dec 6, 2008, 11:00 PM
nph is making stuff up :p

ashowkati
Dec 6, 2008, 11:10 PM
... If you did then it would be a miracle as Apple themselves have said no stores have them yet.

So if you think about it, no one has reviewed it yet (they have all reviewed 1.8GHz/128GB SSD). Now I just hope it doesn't suck (in other words, have the the same problems that Rev.A did.) Hopefully the nvidia chip is what makes all the difference.

nph
Dec 6, 2008, 11:22 PM
Sorry, I checked again today and it did indeed say 128SSD, I misread.

Keep waiting.

GoCubsGo
Dec 6, 2008, 11:41 PM
So if you think about it, no one has reviewed it yet (they have all reviewed 1.8GHz/128GB SSD). Now I just hope it doesn't suck (in other words, have the the same problems that Rev.A did.) Hopefully the nvidia chip is what makes all the difference.

Who knows. I'm seriously thinking we won't see one anytime soon.
Unfortunately I can't even order one because I am moving. I don't need to give fedex/ups a reason to f' things up any more than they normally do!

mhnajjar
Dec 7, 2008, 12:40 AM
A friend of mine got his MBP 2.53 for $1,880 :eek: which made me think again about my MBA rev B. Shall I wait for it to come (hopefully with the free SSD) or shall I get a similar MBP?

I have a 3.06 iMac since I do my thesis work mostly at home, but I had to get rid of my rev A MBA so now I am thinking again even though I do not really need a second computer but I just like to have my laptop for sofa surfing and stuff even though I am doing most of that on my HTC Diamond when I am on the go.

michaeldavid
Dec 10, 2008, 04:53 PM
:( scheduled to ship today. "not yet shipped". called apple store support, told delivery date is dec15th so it should be shipped by then. Don't believe it but cumulative exams are keeping me too busy to fight.

mhnajjar
Dec 10, 2008, 06:01 PM
According to what I told by Apple, your product will always ship on the specified date if not earlier, so this is making it a bit fishy that maybe they do not have the 120 GB HDD ready yet and they are avoiding to give you a free SSD upgrade :rolleyes:

I still have a week of waiting but I hope you confirm the FREE SSD :D

andreab35
Dec 10, 2008, 06:54 PM

According to what I told by Apple, your product will always ship on the specified date if not earlier, so this is making it a bit fishy that maybe they do not have the 120 GB HDD ready yet and they are avoiding to give you a free SSD upgrade :rolleyes:

I still have a week of waiting but I hope you confirm the FREE SSD :D

One more week before my MBA comes too! (next Friday)
I hope someone can confirm what they get! I will be sure to confirm mine of what I get. I'm so excited! :D

ashowkati
Dec 11, 2008, 12:46 AM
Yeah, please let us know as soon as they ship. Not only am I impatient to receive mine, I'm super curious to see when the delay will end.

Also something not so settling. When I originally ordered the MBA (12/4), they immediately charged my bank card, but when I checked this morning(12/10), the charge had returned. I've never had this happen with an online order before so I called them just to make sure my order was dandy. They said everything was in order and they wont charge me until the product ships (for me 12/26). Anyone else go through something similar?

irvine.kwong
Dec 11, 2008, 01:31 AM
Yeah my credit card has not yet been charged too. My shipping date is on 18th. I ordered it with a printer and the printer was charged.

andyOSX
Dec 11, 2008, 03:43 AM
Yeah, please let us know as soon as they ship. Not only am I impatient to receive mine, I'm super curious to see when the delay will end.

Also something not so settling. When I originally ordered the MBA (12/4), they immediately charged my bank card, but when I checked this morning(12/10), the charge had returned. I've never had this happen with an online order before so I called them just to make sure my order was dandy. They said everything was in order and they wont charge me until the product ships (for me 12/26). Anyone else go through something similar?

Some people have said they do this to see if you actually have enough credit on your card for the purchase. I don't know how much truth there is to that.

andreab35
Dec 11, 2008, 04:33 AM

Yep, I ordered the MBA with a printer. The printer came within a couple of days and was charged on this month's credit card. Since my MBA didn't come yet, it hasn't been charged yet. It will probably be charged on my next bill.

michaeldavid
Dec 11, 2008, 07:49 AM
Some people have said they do this to see if you actually have enough credit on your card for the purchase. I don't know how much truth there is to that.

It's true. They do a "pre-authorization" on your credit card which freezes that amount and then a "post-authorization" to charge that freeze when it ships.
The problem is a pre-authorization only lasts for a few weeks so that is why it was returned.

Update on my order: Shipping date has been changed to Dec 19th, delivers dec 24th...

NC MacGuy
Dec 11, 2008, 08:16 AM
These shipping dates suck not only because they've been pushed so far back but what if you've got travel plans around the 24-1st? Know it'd put a damper on my holiday.

irvine.kwong
Dec 11, 2008, 09:46 AM
This is a bit fishy. They pushed back the shipping dates once again. I doubt whether they will have the machines ready by the new year.

I found something interesting on the Taiwan Online Apple Store. In the MacBook Air order page they said that (in a line of red text) the 1.6GHz model hasn't passed through electromagnetic compatibility (EMC) test. Is that a reason why they've been delaying this? The URL for the web page: http://store.apple.com/tw/browse/home/shop_mac/family/macbook_air?mco=MTE2NjA

MH01
Dec 11, 2008, 10:00 AM
This is a bit fishy. They pushed back the shipping dates once again. I doubt whether they will have the machines ready by the new year.

I found something interesting on the Taiwan Online Apple Store. In the MacBook Air order page they said that (in a line of red text) the 1.6GHz model hasn't passed through electromagnetic compatibility (EMC) test. Is that a reason why they've been delaying this? The URL for the web page: http://store.apple.com/tw/browse/home/shop_mac/family/macbook_air?mco=MTE2NjA

Well that is the first explanation for such delays. What were they doing taking orders for these things then......oooops someone pulled the trigger a little early. If I was one of you guys I would call apple, stating that you have been stuffed around and that you would like to cancel your order as you need a computer asap, they can upgrade u to free to ssd or give you a really big discount on the upgrade. Worth a try.

andreab35
Dec 11, 2008, 01:48 PM

Someone should definitely give Apple a ring if the order doesn't ship on the expected date or if your order is delayed.
If one of those two situations happens to me, Apple will be getting a call from me next week on the 19th... Also, I will gladly share my experience.

ashowkati
Dec 11, 2008, 01:51 PM
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5G77 Safari/525.20)

Well that is the first explanation for such delays. What were they doing taking orders for these things then......oooops someone pulled the trigger a little early. If I was one of you guys I would call apple, stating that you have been stuffed around and that you would like to cancel your order as you need a computer asap, they can upgrade u to free to ssd or give you a really big discount on the upgrade. Worth a try.

My only fear I'd that the sales rep would be like " okay, your order is cancelled. Thanks for shipping Apple. *click*. K owing Apple, it's not too farfetched.

mhobelsb
Dec 11, 2008, 04:06 PM
Hi there,

seems the problem is really with the 1,6 model. my rev B with 1,86 and hdd was shipped yesterday (no free ssd upgrade. at least my order page says still 120 gb hdd). should be here by monday.

greetings from germany

martin

michaeldavid
Dec 11, 2008, 04:22 PM
Hi there,

seems the problem is really with the 1,6 model. my rev B with 1,86 and hdd was shipped yesterday (no free ssd upgrade. at least my order page says still 120 gb hdd). should be here by monday.

greetings from germany

martin

WOW! First one I've ever heard of with the HDD that shipped. Mine is 1.86 too but with the HDD but keeps getting delayed.

ashowkati
Dec 11, 2008, 07:31 PM

Interesting developments. Please let us know as soon as u get it wether or not it's truly the 120GB SSD.

GoCubsGo
Dec 11, 2008, 07:37 PM

Interesting developments. Please let us know as soon as u get it wether or not it's truly the 120GB SSD.

There is no 120GB SSD.

I would love to see this happen. 1.86ghz models shipped out with the 120GB HDD. Unfortunately, I still have to wait to order/buy because I'm moving and I don't want to give UPS/FedEx any reason to **** things up more than they usually do.

mhnajjar
Dec 12, 2008, 07:37 PM
Baaaaaaaaaad news for you guys :(

My MBA 1.6/120GB HDD just shipped today and I would get it Monday.

It is kind of good news and bad news at the same time. Good news to know that the HDD is available now and bad news since there is NO FREE SSD upgrade anymore!

BTW, it was supposed to ship on the 16th and delivers on the 19th!

NC MacGuy
Dec 12, 2008, 07:38 PM

It is kind of good news and bad news at the same time. Good news to know that the HDD is available now and bad news since there is NO FREE SSD upgrade anymore!

This isn't bad news at all. There are lots of people waiting for this. Thanks for the info!!

michaeldavid
Dec 12, 2008, 08:22 PM

Ahhh lucky!!! I had a long conversation today with apple customer relations which tried very hard to get me the upgrade, but apple store support said no no no :( he even had his boss talk to them and the answer was still no.

mhnajjar
Dec 12, 2008, 09:32 PM
Ahhh lucky!!! I had a long conversation today with apple customer relations which tried very hard to get me the upgrade, but apple store support said no no no :( he even had his boss talk to them and the answer was still no.

Did you tell them about people around the world getting the FREE SSD?

Well, I am still surprised since it seems more than fiction since I am the only one so far having his HDD version shipped :confused:

What about that comment about the HDD NOT passing the EMC tests at the Taiwanese Apple site?

GoCubsGo
Dec 12, 2008, 09:45 PM
Great news indeed. And this is before the stores are getting them. That's new for sure.

michaeldavid
Dec 12, 2008, 10:02 PM
Did you tell them about people around the world getting the FREE SSD?

Well, I am still surprised since it seems more than fiction since I am the only one so far having his HDD version shipped :confused:

What about that comment about the HDD NOT passing the EMC tests at the Taiwanese Apple site?

Yep I mentioned it. That was only for the people who ordered in october. He tried really hard getting approval to upgrade it and got it but apple store support told him no way they're upgrading it. I'm guessing apple store support thinks they don't have to listen to customer relations. Anyways it says it ships dec 19th now I really really hope it comes in before xmas eve.

andreab35
Dec 13, 2008, 07:43 AM

Woohoo! My MBA is in Shanghai CN!
no free SSD upgrade here- but that's ok. As long as it's coming, I'm all set. :)
Here they all come everybody!

GoCubsGo
Dec 13, 2008, 11:59 AM

Woohoo! My MBA is in Shanghai CN!
no free SSD upgrade here- but that's ok. As long as it's coming, I'm all set. :)
Here they all come everybody!

Completely impressed! Wonder what the hold up was though.

NC MacGuy
Dec 13, 2008, 12:01 PM
Completely impressed! Wonder what the hold up was though.
Can you confirm yours is the 1.6?

So that means you should be able to get one at your local friendly Apple store next week sometime if you play your cards right!:D

michaeldavid
Dec 14, 2008, 08:19 AM
O yahhh my 1.86/120HDD is finally "Prepared for shipping" :), it seems they use fedex as the carrier., I hope it's international priority service because I chose the expedited option so it'll come tuesday from shanghai

andreab35
Dec 14, 2008, 08:35 AM
So that means you should be able to get one at your local friendly Apple store next week sometime if you play your cards right!:D

I'm just overall excited that it's coming... finally after all of this waiting!
I just tracked it again and it's in AK. It's estimated time to be on my front doorstep is on Wednesday.

I will definitely make an update to you guys about what I get. :D
I do also wonder if it will be in the Apple Store in my area...

mhnajjar
Dec 14, 2008, 04:00 PM
I'm just overall excited that it's coming... finally after all of this waiting!
I just tracked it again and it's in AK. It's estimated time to be on my front doorstep is on Wednesday.

I will definitely make an update to you guys about what I get. :D
I do also wonder if it will be in the Apple Store in my area...

Mine is also coming on Wednesday instead of Monday :(

For some reason, I am sick and tired already of the waiting and I kind of lost my excitement, but I am sure that I would be :eek: if it does NOT over heat :D I have had many bad experiences with the rev A!

Ironic
Dec 14, 2008, 04:21 PM
Mine is also coming on Wednesday instead of Monday :(

For some reason, I am sick and tired already of the waiting and I kind of lost my excitement, but I am sure that I would be :eek: if it does NOT over heat :D I have had many bad experiences with the rev A!

You will love it much better then the A, I also had a nightmare rev A

andreab35
Dec 15, 2008, 07:16 AM
My MBA is almost here guys!
It's about 5 towns away at my local FedEx!
I wonder if it will come today instead of Wednesday as estimated on FedEx...
I'm crossing my fingers!

Should I post my findings on this thread or are you guys interested to ask plenty of questions in a new thread for a 1.6GHz 2GB 120HDD MBA? I'm open to anything you guys desire to know. :)

mhnajjar
Dec 15, 2008, 08:19 AM
Mine is 15 minutes drive away :eek:

Shall I go and pick it up now :D

It might be delivered while I am away from home :rolleyes:

NC MacGuy
Dec 15, 2008, 08:21 AM
My MBA is almost here guys!
It's about 5 towns away at my local FedEx!
I wonder if it will come today instead of Wednesday as estimated on FedEx...
I'm crossing my fingers!

Should I post my findings on this thread or are you guys interested to ask plenty of questions in a new thread for a 1.6GHz 2GB 120HDD MBA? I'm open to anything you guys desire to know. :)

Probably a new thread would be best. This is a waiting thread.... Looks like your wait is almost over!:D

andreab35
Dec 15, 2008, 08:39 AM
Probably a new thread would be best. This is a waiting thread.... Looks like your wait is almost over!:D

Lol- my wait is almost over!
I have just created a thread for anyone who would like an update and to ask any questions.
I will edit the post once my MBA has been received. :D

*UPDATE* : On FedEx truck for delivery!

Does anyone around here even have this MBA spec?

andreab35
Dec 15, 2008, 08:40 AM
Mine is 15 minutes drive away :eek:

Shall I go and pick it up now :D

It might be delivered while I am away from home :rolleyes:

Your wait is almost over too! Nice!

Who knows what time mine is coming... but I'm psyched!

irvine.kwong
Dec 15, 2008, 09:33 AM
It looks like Apple has finally solved the problem. It shows "estimated Ship: 1-3 business days" for the 120GB HDD model here in the Hong Kong Apple Store.

andreab35
Dec 15, 2008, 09:39 AM
It looks like Apple has finally solved the problem. It shows "estimated Ship: 1-3 business days" for the 120GB HDD model here in the Hong Kong Apple Store.

That's a very good sign though!
Still 2-3 weeks for shipping here at the U.S. Online Apple Store.

And guess what... my MBA is finally here!!!
I'm not at home at the moment though. I'll be home at three. I'll give another update in the new thread I made. :D

andyOSX
Dec 15, 2008, 03:48 PM
My 1.86 120GB HD was ordered on Dec 6th and was supposed to ship on Dec 30 and arrive by Jan 6. IT JUST SHIPPED YESTERDAY and will be here by thursday the 18th!!!! Did not expect that!!!! I guess they do have whatever was holding back these HDs worked out!

ashowkati
Dec 15, 2008, 07:17 PM

Wow, mine has also shipped today! Original ship date was 12/26. I should have mine by Friday.

mhobelsb
Dec 16, 2008, 06:48 AM
got mine (1,86, 120GB HDD) yesterday. Week 50. Have both, the lines and the flickering. And i canīt finde that monitor profile (checked the box but still have only three profiles to choose from).

damn... donīt know what to do... send it back and hope for a better model? mhmm... quite disapointed...

mhnajjar
Dec 16, 2008, 07:05 AM
I opened my 1.6/120 MBA and I GOT THE LINES!
Screen model 00009C9A

Attached are two photos I took for your pleasure :(

:apple: made me so :mad: with this low production value. Why would they break a wonderful screen :confused:

BTW, this screen suffers from a lot of light bleed on top and bottom but I was okay with that since I was so happy that I finally got a perfect MBA without any scratches or dents since I had many bad experiences with the rev A. However, these lines are even worse.

NC MacGuy
Dec 16, 2008, 07:36 AM
I opened my 1.6/120 MBA and I GOT THE LINES!
Screen model 00009C9A

Attached are two photos I took for your pleasure :(

:apple: made me so :mad: with this low production value. Why would they break a wonderful screen :confused:

BTW, this screen suffers from a lot of light bleed on top and bottom but I was okay with that since I was so happy that I finally got a perfect MBA without any scratches or dents since I had many bad experiences with the rev A. However, these lines are even worse.

Maybe Apples got your name on the "naughty" list.;) Hard luck regardless.

Antti
Dec 20, 2008, 07:10 PM
Hi guys,

I'm also waiting my 1,6 Air 120 HDD but I ordered it from large department store in Helsinki, Finland (because they had huge -20% of everything campaign) so I can just sit and wait their call. They told me that they made their order on October..

But i checked from Finnish Apple Store deliver times for Airs and they are:

1,6 with 120 HDD - 2 weeks
1,86 with 120 HDD - 3 days
1,86 with 128 SSD - less than 24 hours

So the problem seems to be the also the 1,6 processor?

GoCubsGo
Dec 20, 2008, 11:05 PM
Hi guys,

I'm also waiting my 1,6 Air 120 HDD but I ordered it from large department store in Helsinki, Finland (because they had huge -20% of everything campaign) so I can just sit and wait their call. They told me that they made their order on October..

But i checked from Finnish Apple Store deliver times for Airs and they are:

1,6 with 120 HDD - 2 weeks
1,86 with 120 HDD - 3 days
1,86 with 128 SSD - less than 24 hours

So the problem seems to be the also the 1,6 processor?

No it is not a problem with the 1.6 processor. It's the fact that they were essentially backordered since the date of release. Apple completely screwed up on this one, people continued to order and when word got out that some were upgraded to the SSD after only ordering the 1.6 HDD model, more people ordered hoping they'd get the freebie. Therefore, there's no processor issue, there's a supply and demand issue.