PDA

View Full Version : MacBook Air messed up at the Apple Store

Derrick Velasco
Dec 8, 2008, 06:29 PM
Any thoughts?

http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k192/Disney4me3/IMG_0177.jpg

Larger Resolution ^ (http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k192/Disney4me3/IMG_0177-1.jpg)

http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k192/Disney4me3/IMG_0176.jpg

Larger Resolution ^ (http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k192/Disney4me3/IMG_0176-1.jpg)

Maven1975
Dec 8, 2008, 06:32 PM
Any thoughts?

http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k192/Disney4me3/IMG_0177.jpg

http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k192/Disney4me3/IMG_0176.jpg

Thats actually the best shot I have seen on the forum. Extreme, but exactly what people are complaining about.

As for the task bar, that happens from time to time when launching and closing programs.

Derrick Velasco
Dec 8, 2008, 06:33 PM
:O I didn't know this was a widespread problem!

NT1440
Dec 8, 2008, 06:35 PM
:confused:

What are we seeing here?

justit
Dec 8, 2008, 06:35 PM
Ok I have the thin grey lines on the rev B, but the bands are not stripped as thick as your picture shows. So it seems there are variants to the grey lines.

Derrick Velasco
Dec 8, 2008, 06:36 PM
:confused:

What are we seeing here?

The Navigation Bar, Notice how it does not go all the way across the screen (top)

NT1440
Dec 8, 2008, 06:36 PM
ooh, i didnt really notice that.

Derrick Velasco
Dec 8, 2008, 06:37 PM
ooh, i didnt really notice that.

Then it probably wouldn't be a problem for you if it happened ;)

Ironic
Dec 8, 2008, 06:38 PM
Might also be the camera, hard to get a good pic,the waves that is, not sure of the bar???

justit
Dec 8, 2008, 06:40 PM
The Navigation Bar, Notice how it does not go all the way across the screen (top)

that's the new snow leopard in the wild ;)

Derrick Velasco
Dec 8, 2008, 06:41 PM
Might also e the camera, hard to get a good pic, not sure of the bar???

It couldn't have been the iPhone, considering I saw it myself, This is Rev A folks, thought you should know. 1.8GHz I believe.

descartes
Dec 8, 2008, 07:03 PM
that's nuts. how did it happen?

andyOSX
Dec 8, 2008, 07:21 PM
This is a relatively common bug that happeneds on many of Apple's Laptops, including the pre-unibody models.

When a customer launches a game (such as spore) and then quits out of it, sometimes even though the screen rez goes back to normal, the menu bar seems to forget that.

andyOSX
Dec 8, 2008, 07:21 PM
As for the "grey lines" I'm not quite sure what you mean. Was there something else you were noticing besides the cut off menu bar?

aussie.damo
Dec 8, 2008, 07:26 PM
The lines on that picture must be a mistake. According to ironic, only 50 machines have that problem. :D You'd have to be very lucky to see one!

Damo

NT1440
Dec 8, 2008, 07:27 PM
wait a minute, is the menu supposed to go all the way across the screen? is that what im missing?

(i dont have a mac yet)

NC MacGuy
Dec 8, 2008, 07:28 PM
I've had it happen to me a couple of times going back and forth from ext. display to standard. I just change the display resolution and then change it back and all's well. Also have had a couple of windows partially off screen and fixed the same way. Again back and forth from ext. to standard display.

Ironic
Dec 8, 2008, 07:45 PM
The lines on that picture must be a mistake. According to ironic, only 50 machines have that problem. :D You'd have to be very lucky to see one!

Damo

Do you really want to start this again?? oh and he said it was a REV. A:rolleyes:
I have been keeping my thought to myself, maybe you should too.

And maybe some glasses to read better?

andreab35
Dec 8, 2008, 07:59 PM
I see the lines in the first picture...
But in the second picture I can't.
I don't know if it's a poor quality picture, but thanks for sharing. :)

NC MacGuy
Dec 8, 2008, 08:16 PM
This is a Rev. A so the lines don't count.

His issue was the menu bar not reaching end to end.

aussie.damo
Dec 8, 2008, 08:29 PM
Do you really want to start this again?? oh and he said it was a REV. A:rolleyes:
I have been keeping my thought to myself, maybe you should too.

And maybe some glasses to read better?

Fair point, I did miss the Rev A part.

That said, how exactly have you been keeping your thoughts to yourself? Any hunt through any discussion on MBAs has your asinine comments littered all through it.

I also like your comment about glasses. Considering the broken English that is synonymous with your postings, I wouldn't be suggesting anyone else learn to read better.

Damo

Derrick Velasco
Dec 8, 2008, 08:32 PM
The screen was PERFECTLY normal, There were no lines on it.

As NC MacGuy said, the menu bar doesn't reach the end of the screen.

Derrick Velasco
Dec 8, 2008, 08:39 PM
This is a cool glitch!

Molopo
Dec 8, 2008, 09:47 PM
Sure? o_o...

The lines are probably just from the camera picking up weird light coming from the monitor.

Derrick Velasco
Dec 8, 2008, 10:13 PM
It was the iPhone, the MacBook Air's screen was perfect. It was just the menu bar.

Derrick Velasco
Dec 8, 2008, 10:17 PM
that's nuts. how did it happen?

I believe I was playing a game, and exidted, or video conferencing,
I'm pretty sure it was the Spore game! It was on every mac so why not try it out? Hehe :rolleyes:

sychee
Dec 9, 2008, 07:32 AM
I believe I was playing a game, and exidted, or video conferencing,
I'm pretty sure it was the Spore game! It was on every mac so why not try it out? Hehe :rolleyes:

The lines on my MBA RB are much thinner ;) So this photo is not for illustrating the thin-horizontal lines problem but rather the Navigation bar (at the top of the screen) ;)

Derrick Velasco
Dec 10, 2008, 12:31 AM
The lines on my MBA RB are much thinner ;) So this photo is not for illustrating the thin-horizontal lines problem but rather the Navigation bar (at the top of the screen) ;)

CORRECT! Exactly, there were no lines on the screen.

mhnajjar
Dec 10, 2008, 01:52 AM
I have never encountered any of these issues on any of the MBP (late 07), iMac (3.06), MBA (revA), MBP (unibody) so it is not a big deal and I am sure it is due to the effect of the bad coding of the game (Spore) not Leopard. :D

Lock this thread or let it sink please :p