PDA

View Full Version : Slim sleeve or neoprene?

6SSD4
Dec 15, 2008, 07:31 AM
Incase Neoprene sleve:
http://store.apple.com/us/product/TR434LL/A?fnode=MTY1NDA2Ng&mco=MjQyMDU2Nw&p=1&s=topSellers

Or

Slim sleeve:
http://store.apple.com/us/product/TS297LL/A?fnode=MTY1NDA2Ng&mco=MjM2OTM4OQ&p=2&s=topSellers

I actually bought a sleeve, but I'm sending it back for one of these. Which is the nicest? If the slim sleeve is as thin as the neoprene, I think I'll choose that one, but I haven't seen them, nor do I have the opportunity.

The closing "mechanism" on the neoprene looks nicest I think, but maybe more annoying to open - close?
The slim sleeve is nice... ARGH, I can't deside. Help please :D

drichards
Dec 15, 2008, 07:48 AM
Neoprene sleeves are great for tossing in your bag. Can't beat them for the day to day imo.

Cynicalone
Dec 15, 2008, 07:50 AM
I voted for the Neoprene Sleeve. I have been using it since March and it works really well.

gsampson85
Dec 15, 2008, 07:51 AM
They both do the same thing. You slide them in and thats it. The look of the Slim Sleeve looks more "hip" though. It's really what design you like better since they're basically the same.

6SSD4
Dec 15, 2008, 08:06 AM
Anyone got experience with the slim sleeve? The design is what matters, really :D Thinness and looks. Protection.. who cares? :D I'm gonna carry it carefully anyways.

ninjadex
Dec 15, 2008, 08:16 AM
Similar, but not quite the same. As I said in an earlier post, the low profile of the neoprene is great for slipping in another bag. But the neoprene also tends to snag easier on it's edges(like rubbing against velcro).

The slim sleeve has a flap, which makes the Air a little easier to access, but also adds a little bit more bulk at the top.

6SSD4
Dec 15, 2008, 08:27 AM
Hell, I just bought the slim sleeve. Thanks everyone.

fredf
Dec 15, 2008, 09:40 AM
For just slipping it in your bag, the Incase is better. The flap of the other sleeves get caught going in or out. The Incase is always an easy in and out.

ninjadex
Dec 15, 2008, 09:43 AM
For just slipping it in your bag, the Incase is better. The flap of the other sleeves get caught going in or out. The Incase is always an easy in and out.

They are both made by Incase.

6SSD4
Dec 15, 2008, 11:06 AM
Nice by me, not telling what I'm going to use it for.
Only using it to carry between places. Always by hand. I have a bag I use if I'm to bring charger and so, but this is only for like 300m and so. Only to look nice, and make people wow when they realise it's actually a laptop inside that thin thing. And a nice one!

ulim
Dec 15, 2008, 03:02 PM
Personally, I'd not settle for less than The Gimp.

http://www.crumpler.de/files/products/TG13AIR-010/image_small1224074465.jpeg

Lumpydog
Dec 15, 2008, 03:38 PM
I have the Neoprene - take out the foam stuffing/insert (it's just packaging) and it's perfect and easy to close (most think the insert is part of the case and this makes the closure hard to pull over the air).

1) It's easy to get the closure over the end of the air
2) Leave the Air hanging out (don't pull over the closure) and the charger input is accessible - charge your air in the case.
3) When closed, the cover cant get hooked on anything - the other one's flap will get stuck and flip off when you slide it into a bag.
4) No zipper! Neither of them do - but the one posted above does. Zippers scratch - they suck.
5) Slim sleeve is bulkier and feels like a diaper

6SSD4
Dec 15, 2008, 03:51 PM
Well, I though it looked a little nicer. If I were to put it in a bag, the choise would be the Neoprene.

ninjadex
Dec 15, 2008, 03:53 PM
Also, they both have the same faux fur material on the inside, which is pretty nice.

6SSD4
Dec 15, 2008, 03:59 PM
When I realised they both were from Incase, it got easier. Then they couldn't be much different :D

andyOSX
Dec 15, 2008, 04:07 PM
I have the slim sleeve and I like it a lot. I think the neoprene ones look really cheap and tacky with that horrible material. The slim sleeve has a classy vinyl finish. If you have ever seen the regular white (vinyl) 13" incase sleeves compared to the other colors (tacky neoprene) you will know what I mean. Check it out next time you're at the apple store.

andyOSX
Dec 15, 2008, 04:08 PM
the only bad thing is that it can get dirty more easily, but mine doesn't really have the opportunity to get very dirty.

6SSD4
Dec 15, 2008, 04:12 PM
Well, thats true. But that's what the bag is for. Rather the sleeve then the Air!
I'll take good care of it though.

Ah, quarter past eleven (pm) and I'm waking up in 7 hours..
Good night forumers.

badtzmaru
Dec 15, 2008, 04:50 PM
i have the black neoprene. i like it but a few threads have come loose so the construction isnt the best.

Ironic
Dec 15, 2008, 05:36 PM
I love the shuttle. love the extra pocket.

6SSD4
Dec 18, 2008, 08:29 AM
Just recieved it. Looks awesome :D

ashowkati
Dec 18, 2008, 10:30 AM
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5G77 Safari/525.20)

I wanted an applesac but the sent me the wrong size and it was a big old hassle. So I just got a refund and bought the chocolate neoprene. Incase makes some pretty sturdy stuff. And I disagree with the comment about neoprene looking cheap. I think it looks more expensive. Maybe it's just the chocolate one. It really looks sweet (get it?)

hayduke
Dec 18, 2008, 10:44 AM
I have the neoprene sleeve from Belkin which is nice because it zips on two sides. This means I can get my laptop out of the sleeve regardless of which bag (backpack or courier bag) it is in.

6SSD4
Dec 18, 2008, 11:10 AM
The... what's the English word... the soft and comfortable "thing" inside is nice. Incase makes really nice sleeves.

Fabric. Is that the word? Haha.