Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Slim sleeve or Neoprene?

• Slim sleeve by far! So nicely designed

Votes: 5 35.7%
  • The Neoprene is nicer!

Votes: 7 50.0%
  • Dude, just keep the ugly one you bought.

Votes: 2 14.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

6SSD4

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 30, 2008
Incase Neoprene sleve:
http://store.apple.com/us/product/TR434LL/A?fnode=MTY1NDA2Ng&mco=MjQyMDU2Nw&p=1&s=topSellers

Or

Slim sleeve:
http://store.apple.com/us/product/TS297LL/A?fnode=MTY1NDA2Ng&mco=MjM2OTM4OQ&p=2&s=topSellers

I actually bought a sleeve, but I'm sending it back for one of these. Which is the nicest? If the slim sleeve is as thin as the neoprene, I think I'll choose that one, but I haven't seen them, nor do I have the opportunity.

The closing "mechanism" on the neoprene looks nicest I think, but maybe more annoying to open - close?
The slim sleeve is nice... ARGH, I can't deside. Help please :D

drichards

macrumors 6502a
Nov 30, 2008
Neoprene sleeves are great for tossing in your bag. Can't beat them for the day to day imo.

gsampson85

macrumors newbie
Oct 15, 2008
They both do the same thing. You slide them in and thats it. The look of the Slim Sleeve looks more "hip" though. It's really what design you like better since they're basically the same.

6SSD4

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 30, 2008
Anyone got experience with the slim sleeve? The design is what matters, really :D Thinness and looks. Protection.. who cares? :D I'm gonna carry it carefully anyways.

ninjadex

macrumors 6502
Jun 1, 2004
Similar, but not quite the same. As I said in an earlier post, the low profile of the neoprene is great for slipping in another bag. But the neoprene also tends to snag easier on it's edges(like rubbing against velcro).

The slim sleeve has a flap, which makes the Air a little easier to access, but also adds a little bit more bulk at the top.

fredf

macrumors 6502
Oct 31, 2008
For just slipping it in your bag, the Incase is better. The flap of the other sleeves get caught going in or out. The Incase is always an easy in and out.

6SSD4

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 30, 2008
Nice by me, not telling what I'm going to use it for.
Only using it to carry between places. Always by hand. I have a bag I use if I'm to bring charger and so, but this is only for like 300m and so. Only to look nice, and make people wow when they realise it's actually a laptop inside that thin thing. And a nice one!

ulim

macrumors newbie
Nov 22, 2008
Personally, I'd not settle for less than The Gimp.

image_small1224074465.jpeg

Lumpydog

macrumors 6502
Aug 3, 2007
I have the Neoprene - take out the foam stuffing/insert (it's just packaging) and it's perfect and easy to close (most think the insert is part of the case and this makes the closure hard to pull over the air).

1) It's easy to get the closure over the end of the air
2) Leave the Air hanging out (don't pull over the closure) and the charger input is accessible - charge your air in the case.
3) When closed, the cover cant get hooked on anything - the other one's flap will get stuck and flip off when you slide it into a bag.
4) No zipper! Neither of them do - but the one posted above does. Zippers scratch - they suck.
5) Slim sleeve is bulkier and feels like a diaper

6SSD4

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 30, 2008
Well, I though it looked a little nicer. If I were to put it in a bag, the choise would be the Neoprene.

6SSD4

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 30, 2008
When I realised they both were from Incase, it got easier. Then they couldn't be much different :D

andyOSX

macrumors member
Dec 6, 2008
Vancouver, BC
I have the slim sleeve and I like it a lot. I think the neoprene ones look really cheap and tacky with that horrible material. The slim sleeve has a classy vinyl finish. If you have ever seen the regular white (vinyl) 13" incase sleeves compared to the other colors (tacky neoprene) you will know what I mean. Check it out next time you're at the apple store.

6SSD4

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 30, 2008
Well, thats true. But that's what the bag is for. Rather the sleeve then the Air!
I'll take good care of it though.

Ah, quarter past eleven (pm) and I'm waking up in 7 hours..
Good night forumers.

badtzmaru

macrumors 6502
Jul 1, 2007
i have the black neoprene. i like it but a few threads have come loose so the construction isnt the best.

ashowkati

macrumors member
Jun 9, 2008
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5G77 Safari/525.20)

I wanted an applesac but the sent me the wrong size and it was a big old hassle. So I just got a refund and bought the chocolate neoprene. Incase makes some pretty sturdy stuff. And I disagree with the comment about neoprene looking cheap. I think it looks more expensive. Maybe it's just the chocolate one. It really looks sweet (get it?)

hayduke

macrumors 65816
Mar 8, 2005
is a state of mind.
I have the neoprene sleeve from Belkin which is nice because it zips on two sides. This means I can get my laptop out of the sleeve regardless of which bag (backpack or courier bag) it is in.

6SSD4

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 30, 2008
The... what's the English word... the soft and comfortable "thing" inside is nice. Incase makes really nice sleeves.

Fabric. Is that the word? Haha.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.