PDA

View Full Version : Why would parents name their kid this?

swiftaw
Dec 16, 2008, 10:34 PM
http://www.boston.com/news/nation/articles/2008/12/16/cake_request_for_3_year_old_hitler_namesake_denied/?p1=Well_MostPop_Emailed1

dukebound85
Dec 16, 2008, 10:37 PM
maybe they are neo nazis?

Sun Baked
Dec 16, 2008, 10:39 PM
Some democrats around here probably would say it sure beats naming a kid George Bush

gilkisson
Dec 16, 2008, 10:39 PM
Dad is a moron. His kid is going to grow up and open a can of whupass on his old man. With any luck.

apsterling
Dec 16, 2008, 10:41 PM
I think it's perfectly fine. Honestly, it's just a name. It's a statement, and I'm sure the kid doesn't mind.

Bobdude161
Dec 16, 2008, 10:41 PM
"Time for change". I don't think accepting the name of Adolf Hitler as proper is the change I was thinking.

Sun Baked
Dec 16, 2008, 10:42 PM
The parents look like trailer trash (more like psychos), so I wouldn't expect any lawsuits from the kids parents as Jewish private schools kick his ass out -- or that just might be the plan.

Must be great introducing all the kids to people ... JoyceLynn Aryan Nation, Honszlynn Hinler Jeannie, and little Adolph Hitler.

swiftaw
Dec 16, 2008, 10:44 PM
When I eventually have kids and I am choosing a name, criterion number 1 is
"Will this name get my kid beaten up at school?", if so then it's off the list.

robanga
Dec 16, 2008, 10:44 PM
There is a generation of people from central europe that would have happily named their children that at one time.

The parents are short-sighted and mean but ultimately I suppose its their decision. Indeed the whole first name of Adolf has been tainted for some time and probably will be for a long time to come.

You don't find many men named Herod even in this day and age, but there are a few out there.

apsterling
Dec 16, 2008, 10:45 PM
Why can't people be tolerant. Obviously it's not the most tasteful name, but it could be far worse.

Dekimasu
Dec 16, 2008, 10:45 PM
I can't say for sure they're Mac users, but they're definitely not PC. (rimshot)

Chundles
Dec 16, 2008, 10:52 PM
They're either racists, stupid or being deliberately inflammatory to garner media attention and worldwide internet infamy....

I favour the latter with a big helping of the other two options.

They're not after tolerance, they're after attention. If we all shut up about it it will go away.

hayduke
Dec 16, 2008, 10:55 PM
Maybe there is nothing *wrong* with it, but they are still complete idiots.

CorvusCamenarum
Dec 16, 2008, 10:56 PM
The parents look like trailer trash (more like psychos), so I wouldn't expect any lawsuits from the kids parents as Jewish private schools kick his ass out -- or that just might be the plan.

Must be great introducing all the kids to people ... JoyceLynn Aryan Nation, Honszlynn Hinler Jeannie, and little Adolph Hitler.

If only we could see more of the neck tattoo the guy in the photo has. Real winners, those folks.

When I eventually have kids and I am choosing a name, criterion number 1 is
"Will this name get my kid beaten up at school?", if so then it's off the list.
Speaking as someone who went through childhood so traumatized, I can only say I wish more parents thought as such. Instead we have unthinking parents deciding that it'll be all cute and interesting to give their kids a weird name without giving a second thought to what that kid will have to go through.

jaw04005
Dec 16, 2008, 11:01 PM
Off-topic, but a friend of mine had a child in her kindergarten class that had the name "********" (pronounced "SHEH—THEED"). She said something to the parents about the name being unusual, and the father said they did that on purpose because they thought it was funny.

Poor child.

gilkisson
Dec 16, 2008, 11:14 PM
Take a trip to Europe. Visit Germany and Poland. Learn what they meant by "arbeit macht frei". Some of those places, the camps, are still there. Old, and cold, and quiet. Stand next to the thick concrete walls, on the lush green grass.

Then come back and tell me giving a child that name is a great idea.

mcarnes
Dec 16, 2008, 11:34 PM
I knew a chinese kid in high school named Lucifer. I thought it was funny at the time. I think Adolf Hitler is just about the worst name you could have, aside from obvious swear words.

Unspeaked
Dec 17, 2008, 02:04 AM
I have no problem naming the kid "Adolph" but to deliberately give him the name "Adolph Hitler" goes beyond "making a statement" and just sets yourself and your kid up for harassment.

Stupid, stupid, stupid...

irmongoose
Dec 17, 2008, 02:09 AM
Poor kid. The parents deserve a good hard slap in the face. Damn trailer trash.

irmongoose

MrM
Dec 17, 2008, 02:22 AM
Ha. That kid is going to be changing their name once "Adolf" turns 18.

Random story time. My sixth grade teachers last name was Adolf. I called him both Gay and Hitler and got suspended for a week. True Story.

EricNau
Dec 17, 2008, 02:30 AM
Obviously it's not the most tasteful name, but it could be far worse.
Such as? :confused:

Counterfit
Dec 17, 2008, 02:32 AM
You don't find many men named Herod even in this day and age, but there are a few out there.
I think that's more to do with it just being old.
Why can't people be tolerant. Obviously it's not the most tasteful name, but it could be far worse.
Yeah, it could be like his sister's: "JoyceLynn Aryan Nation Campbell".
She said something to the parents about the name being unusual, and the father said they did that on purpose because they thought it was funny.
If I ever become a father (we're all screwed if I do, I think I'll stick with being an uncle for a while ;)), I could potentially give my kid the initials AFK (well, so could my brother). I thought that was bad...
I knew a chinese kid in high school named Lucifer. I thought it was funny at the time. I think Adolf Hitler is just about the worst name you could have, aside from obvious swear words.

I'd rather be named ******* Face than Adolf Hitler.

EricNau
Dec 17, 2008, 02:37 AM
Meanwhile, Lewis Black mentions some similarly bad names:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2t_DYJ_RkS4 (Warning: Language NSFW)

Hilarious :D

gnasher729
Dec 17, 2008, 03:40 AM
http://www.boston.com/news/nation/articles/2008/12/16/cake_request_for_3_year_old_hitler_namesake_denied/?p1=Well_MostPop_Emailed1

In Germany in the late 30's, the parents would have been sent to a concentration camp for this.

toolbox
Dec 17, 2008, 03:57 AM
Um wow, this kid is going to going to get annihilated at school and everything else.

Parents need to be slapped

Dagless
Dec 17, 2008, 05:10 AM

Most people are only tolerant when it's the in thing to be tolerant about.

Um wow, this kid is going to going to get annihilated at school and everything else.

Parents need to be slapped

Then the kid should report it and get the abusers in trouble.

It's a name that he had no control over and anyone who picks on him just for that deserves the same kind of punishment as kids who bully people with disabilities and the like.

TuffLuffJimmy
Dec 17, 2008, 05:27 AM
Why is everyone worried about these kids getting beat up at school? They're obviously going to be home schooled.

rdowns
Dec 17, 2008, 05:52 AM
Did the idiot parents even think of what that name will do to his kid not only in school but when he tries to enter the workforce?

This part pissed me off more.

Karen Meleta, a spokeswoman for ShopRite, said the Campbells had similar requests denied at the same store the last two years and said Heath Campbell previously had asked for a swastika to be included in the decoration.

Blue Velvet
Dec 17, 2008, 05:58 AM
It's nothing short of child abuse.

The parents of a New Zealand girl named Talula Does the Hula From Hawaii have been ordered to change her name because it risks making her the target of abuse and ridicule.

A judge ruled that the nine-year-old girl, who is the subject of a custody fight, should be placed in the guardianship of the court until she is renamed.

A lawyer acting for the girl claimed she was so embarrassed by her name that she had kept it from her friends, insisting she should be known as "K" instead. She also feared that if it became public she would be mocked and teased.

The lawyer claimed the girl fully understood the absurdity of her name, unlike her parents who had not considered the implications when they named her.

Justice Robert Murfitt said the name clearly presented a social hurdle for the child. "It makes a fool of the child and sets her up with a social disability and handicap," he said.

He also voiced concern over other names given to New Zealand children, such as Violence, Midnight Chardonnay and Number 16 Bus Shelter.

A set of twins was named Benson and Hedges, after the cigarette brand and some children had been named after six-cylinder Ford cars. There has ever been a case of a child being named after the entire All Blacks side.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/howaboutthat/2452593/Talula-Does-The-Hula-From-Hawaii-not-a-girls-name-New-Zealand-court-rules.html

yoppie
Dec 17, 2008, 06:02 AM
These kids have trash for parents. I hope they change their names when they reach 18.

GSMiller
Dec 17, 2008, 06:43 AM
I don't imagine Adolf Hitler Campbell having many Jewish friends once in school, or JoyceLynn Aryan Nation Campbell having many African American or homosexual counterparts.

Rodimus Prime
Dec 17, 2008, 07:17 AM
I think it is a stupid name and outside of just problems at school there will be problems through out life. Jobs will get turned down because of that name. Getting respect from any one because of that name will be hard.

The other kids have a chance but not Aldof.

I think I agree with some one else on when I have kids first question and requirement is for hte answer to be no to this "Will this name get them beaten up/made fun of in school"

bjorn989
Dec 17, 2008, 07:33 AM
If that kid has problems in life because of his name, however bad it is, it will show more about the USA than about the parents who named him. If you were an employer and you didn't employ young Adolf simply because of his name you would be far more immoral than those fools who called him that in the first place.

There can be no limits to prejudice. To assume that a person is unfit for society because of their name is on par with persecuting those of a certain religion.

Just look at the recent attention given to Barack Obama's middle name in the presidential election to see how the USA is already in danger of the following that path.

iJohnHenry
Dec 17, 2008, 08:16 AM
I suspect a typo on the second girls name.

They obviously named her Himmler, not Hinler. :rolleyes:

Abstract
Dec 17, 2008, 09:01 AM

Example?

I'd rather be named B***job or some sort of curse word.

yoppie
Dec 17, 2008, 09:06 AM
If that kid has problems in life because of his name, however bad it is, it will show more about the USA than about the parents who named him. If you were an employer and you didn't employ young Adolf simply because of his name you would be far more immoral than those fools who called him that in the first place.

There can be no limits to prejudice. To assume that a person is unfit for society because of their name is on par with persecuting those of a certain religion.

Just look at the recent attention given to Barack Obama's middle name in the presidential election to see how the USA is already in danger of the following that path.

It's nothing new. There was a study released a few years ago on how employers were screening out potential black employees by their "unique" names. Parents need to do a better job with the names and stop trying to be "cute" or "funny."

joepunk
Dec 17, 2008, 10:05 AM
I suspect a typo on the second girls name.

They obviously named her Himmler, not Hinler. :rolleyes:

No no, that's the Nostradamus spelling of Himmler. Just like Hister means the other guy ;) :p

Don't you see, the father didn't name his kid after one of the greatest mass murderers in the history of the universe because he loves Hitler, he named him that because it was unique.

"There's a new president and he says it's time for a change; well, then it's time for a change," the 35-year-old continued. "They need to accept a name. A name's a name. The kid isn't going to grow up and do what (Hitler) did...."
Heath Campbell said he named his son after Adolf Hitler because he liked the name and because "no one else in the world would have that name." He sounded surprised by all the controversy the dispute had generated...

See? It's all an innocent misunderstanding! Ever since the whole baby-naming thing (TWICE), he's been trying to break the cycle of hate.

He said he was raised not to avoid people of other races but not to mix with them socially or romantically. But he said he would try to raise his children differently.

Thanks boingboing (http://www.boingboing.net/2008/12/16/store-wont-put-kids.html)

yellow
Dec 17, 2008, 10:11 AM
This guy has been turned down before when he tried to get a swastika on cakes.

Clearly (to me) he's a white supremacist who has "drunk the kool-aid". Hopefully, he's a dying breed.

Queso
Dec 17, 2008, 10:16 AM
Oh dear. I feel really sorry for these children.

You can only hope they don't turn into bitter adults who feel the world hates them. Unfortunately though that's highly likely to happen :(

jonbravo77
Dec 17, 2008, 11:17 AM
I'm all for being tollerant and seeing ppl name there kids Apple, or Banana or whatever they want. But for this guy to say that we should see the future and not live in the past and whatever else crap he wants to say is rediculous.

Name your kid whatever you want just be a little wise and empathetic to what that name may stir up. And expect a whole lot of back lash when you name your kid Adolf Hitler.

EV0LUTION
Dec 17, 2008, 11:24 AM
Why would you do that to your kid.

yellow
Dec 17, 2008, 11:26 AM
Why would you do that to your kid.

Because he's a douche bag, I suspect. :-)

I think Dane Cook had a skit about naming his kid Optimus Prime.

velocityg4
Dec 17, 2008, 11:42 AM
I'm surprised the parents did not just get their names legally changed rather than just the giving their kids those awful names. Tho I suppose if they are dimwitted enough to give their kids such names they are not sharp enough to get their own names legally changed.

On a side note not only has Adolf Hitler become a ruined name for the vast foreseeable future. He also ruined the Chaplin mustache.

A judge ruled that the nine-year-old girl, who is the subject of a custody fight, should be placed in the guardianship of the court until she is renamed.

A lawyer acting for the girl claimed she was so embarrassed by her name that she had kept it from her friends, insisting she should be known as "K" instead. She also feared that if it became public she would be mocked and teased.

The lawyer claimed the girl fully understood the absurdity of her name, unlike her parents who had not considered the implications when they named her.

Justice Robert Murfitt said the name clearly presented a social hurdle for the child. "It makes a fool of the child and sets her up with a social disability and handicap," he said.

He also voiced concern over other names given to New Zealand children, such as Violence, Midnight Chardonnay and Number 16 Bus Shelter.

A set of twins was named Benson and Hedges, after the cigarette brand and some children had been named after six-cylinder Ford cars. There has ever been a case of a child being named after the entire All Blacks side.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/news...urt-rules.html (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/howaboutthat/2452593/Talula-Does-The-Hula-From-Hawaii-not-a-girls-name-New-Zealand-court-rules.html)

Interesting article but I am a bit surprised "Stallion" was rejected. It is a bit absurd but not a horrendous name. Though unless he grew up to be 6'3" looking like Brad Pitt he would have a tough time living up to the name.

It's nothing new. There was a study released a few years ago on how employers were screening out potential black employees by their "unique" names. Parents need to do a better job with the names and stop trying to be "cute" or "funny."If the employer cares about race I don't think they will have any questions about this kids name.

I think Dane Cook had a skit about naming his kid Optimus Prime. That would be awesome. Though Helm Hammerhand would be the best of all.

Abstract
Dec 17, 2008, 11:49 AM
Guys, don't worry. He said he'll raise his children differently......differently from other neo-nazis.

jonbravo77
Dec 17, 2008, 11:51 AM
Guys, don't worry. He said he'll raise his children differently......differently from other neo-nazis.

That's true. But wondering, differently, is that more or less hateful? :confused:

xUKHCx
Dec 17, 2008, 11:53 AM
Because he's a douche bag, I suspect. :-)

I think Dane Cook had a skit about naming his kid Optimus Prime.

That is a lot better then Randy Bumgardner (http://www.state.gov/r/pa/ei/pix/b/eap/68530.htm).

Antares
Dec 17, 2008, 11:59 AM
How many people actually use their middle names, anyway? On all my official documents, I've always just used my first and last name.

Adolph Campbell
JoyceLynn Campbell

...isn't really bad at all.

ucfgrad93
Dec 17, 2008, 12:02 PM
The parents are idiots, plain and simple.

yellow
Dec 17, 2008, 12:07 PM
How many people actually use their middle names, anyway? On all my official documents, I've always just used my first and last name.

Adolph Campbell
JoyceLynn Campbell

...isn't really bad at all.

How many people ask for a middle name on a cake? Crazy people who as slightly less crazy than people who might have named their child "Adolphhitler Campbell", just to get it in there.

Gray-Wolf
Dec 17, 2008, 12:50 PM
This is similar to an incident where a court in NZ ordered the parents to change the name. An episode of M*A*S*H dealt with kids named with only Initials. B. J. Hunnicutt The letters stood for nothing. Mike Farrell spoke after the show that it isn't a laughing matter.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/7522952.stm

B. J.'s real name is the subject of an episode's plot line. Hawkeye goes to extreme lengths to learn what "B. J." stands for, but all official paperwork concerning his friend claims that B. J. really is his first name. Toward the end of the episode, B. J. explains "My mother, Bea Hunnicut and my father, Jay Hunnicut.", and claims that this is the reason for his odd name. A recurring joke in that episode is that upon being asked what B. J. stands for, B. J. merely replies "Anything you want." from the mash wiki

donga
Dec 17, 2008, 12:54 PM
they say they're not racist, fine. but naming your kids adolf hitler, aryan nations, etc. asking for a swastika to be on a cake, wearing boots from a german ww2 soldier.... what is someone supposed to think?

btw, other names (http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/years/2008/0905081ocho1.html)

EricNau
Dec 17, 2008, 01:23 PM
Based on German criminal code (namely Volksverhetzung), I suspect this name might actually be deemed illegal.

Prof.
Dec 17, 2008, 01:27 PM
Two things could probably happen from this... When the kid turns 18, he'll change his name. Or, more than likely, he too will become a white supremacist and the vicious cycle will continue.

ucfgrad93
Dec 17, 2008, 01:56 PM
Two things could probably happen from this... When the kid turns 18, he'll change his name. Or, more than likely, he too will become a white supremacist and the vicious cycle will continue.

You are probably right. Lets hope it is the first part rather than last part that actually happens.

Jaffa Cake
Dec 17, 2008, 02:00 PM
He also voiced concern over other names given to New Zealand children, such as... Number 16 Bus Shelter.It's all very well the Beckhams naming their first born Brooklyn, but obviously naming your child after where he or she was conceived doesn't work for everyone...

TuffLuffJimmy
Dec 17, 2008, 02:07 PM

Ehh I have faith enough in humanity that things like the KKK and stormfront will be things of our past fifty years from now.

zelmo
Dec 17, 2008, 02:13 PM
I heard this on the local news this morning.
There is no way these two 'parents' [they sure haven't earned that distinction AFAIC] gave any consideration to what their children might have to go through growing up. Fracking racist losers. Go breed your hate somewhere else...like Mars.

Sometimes I can almost see the logic in an argument for state-enforced vasectomies.

redwarrior
Dec 17, 2008, 02:17 PM
Sometimes I can almost see the logic in an argument for state-enforced vasectomies.
Sounds like a new PRSI thread.:rolleyes: I have very often voiced my support of such measures.

me_94501
Dec 17, 2008, 02:24 PM

:confused:

I can only hope you're trying to be ironic.

There's no reason I can think of to tolerate parents naming their kid after one of the least tolerant human beings in history.

apsterling
Dec 17, 2008, 02:37 PM
Just because Adolf Hitler has a name and does something horrible doesn't mean Adolf Hitler Campbell will. JoyceLynn Aryan Nation Campbell could be construed as such but honestly, it's a name.

You should read what you people have said, you're suggesting violence, loss of rights and more over a NAME. Not over an action or a prosecutable offense, but a name.

Honestly. Think about it.
Even if the name isn't perhaps the most tolerable on earth, you could be mature and tolerate it yourselves.

Hypocrisy is falling everywhere.

On a less serious note, there's a kid that goes to my school with the name Joe King.

Also, more to think about:
"Hitler had a troubled childhood, as his father was violent to him and violent towards his mother. Hitler himself said that, as a boy, he was often beaten by his father. Years later, he told his secretary: "I then resolved never again to cry when my father whipped me. A few days later I had the opportunity of putting my will to the test. My mother, frightened, took refuge in front of the door. As for me, I counted silently the blows of the stick which lashed my rear end". Some historians believe a history of family violence committed by his father against his mother is indicated in a section of his book Mein Kampf in which Hitler describes in vivid detail an anonymous example of family violence committed by a husband against a wife. This along with beatings by his father against him could explain Hitler's deep emotional attachment to his mother while at the same time having deep resentment towards his father." - Wikipedia.org

jonbravo77
Dec 17, 2008, 03:00 PM
Just because Adolf Hitler has a name and does something horrible doesn't mean Adolf Hitler Campbell will. JoyceLynn Aryan Nation Campbell could be construed as such but honestly, it's a name.

You should read what you people have said, you're suggesting violence, loss of rights and more over a NAME. Not over an action or a prosecutable offense, but a name.

Honestly. Think about it.
Even if the name isn't perhaps the most tolerable on earth, you could be mature and tolerate it yourselves.

Hypocrisy is falling everywhere.

You're right. It's just a name. But, just think of what that name does. It invokes a negative emotion. don't believe that the kid will turn to violence because of his name. At least I hope not. But there are a lot of intolerant ppl in this world that will choose to belittle, or choose to be violent to this kid because of his name and that may cause the kid to become violent. Just like Hitler himself. The name "Adolf Hitler" invokes a very negative emotion that you would have to have lived under a rock not to notice. And to blatently name your child this is wrong, just wrong. You are basically putting a sign around his neck that says I am a racist, bigoted person and you should hate me.

Yes, a name is just a name. But in this case, this is just arrogence to think ppl sould just go "oh, it's his name, no biggie". Sory, but the name "Hitler" will always have a negative stigma to it that will never be tolerated.

JasonElise1983
Dec 17, 2008, 03:24 PM
Off-topic, but a friend of mine had a child in her kindergarten class that had the name "********" (pronounced "SHEH—THEED"). She said something to the parents about the name being unusual, and the father said they did that on purpose because they thought it was funny.

Poor child.

Hey, I have a friend who knew them. Didn't he have a brother named "*******" (A'-SHOLE) or something like that. Evil Parents. Back on topic... I don't know why anyone would name their child that. Just seems wrong to me. Though I must say:

If only we could see more of the neck tattoo the guy in the photo has. Real winners, those folks.

That's a little unnecessary. Is your prejudice against tattoos in general or neck tattoos? I've wanted a tattoo my whole life, but waited until i was old enough to understand what i wanted and why i wanted it before i got one. Tattoos can't be beautiful and can mean a lot to the people who have them. I just hate the idea that people would judge someone for their tattoo. Sorry, if you didn't mean it that way, just seemed so harsh.

-je

Prof.
Dec 17, 2008, 03:53 PM
Ehh I have faith enough in humanity that things like the KKK and stormfront will be things of our past fifty years from now.
I highly doubt that. As long as ppl are different, there will always be supremacist groups in the world. Their numbers may shrink, but they will always be there.

apsterling
Dec 17, 2008, 04:00 PM
Yes, a name is just a name. But in this case, this is just arrogence to think ppl sould just go "oh, it's his name, no biggie". Sory, but the name "Hitler" will always have a negative stigma to it that will never be tolerated.

And that's not something I think we should continue with.
And I hope Adolf can find a good way to put up with it and continue in life and raise awareness of this.

Yvan256
Dec 17, 2008, 04:06 PM
"They should have named him Soda." - George Costanza

szark
Dec 17, 2008, 04:22 PM

Clearly (to me) he's a white supremacist who has "drunk the kool-aid". Hopefully, he's a dying breed.

He's also a Holocaust denier (http://www.lehighvalleylive.com/warren-county/index.ssf?/base/news-0/122923112231930.xml&coll=3&thispage=1).

Antares
Dec 17, 2008, 05:25 PM
The Hitler part of the name is what's bugging people, right?

1. What happened to all the people in the world that had the last name of "Hitler" Did everyone with that name change it after WWII? Are there other Hitler's in the world right now? Related or unrelated to Adolph Hitler...i.e. John Hitler in Hammond, Indiana, Carrie Hitler in Portland, Oregon, Paul Hitler in Paris, Frace, etc.? There's no way Adolph Hitler would have been the only person with that family name.

2. There's no problem with the name, Adolph, right? I just checked...there's even a Saint Adolph...from the 13th Century.

EricNau
Dec 17, 2008, 05:41 PM

1. What happened to all the people in the world that had the last name of "Hitler" Did everyone with that name change it after WWII? Are there other Hitler's in the world right now? Related or unrelated to Adolph Hitler...i.e. John Hitler in Hammond, Indiana, Carrie Hitler in Portland, Oregon, Paul Hitler in Paris, Frace, etc.? There's no way Adolph Hitler would have been the only person with that family name.

2. There's no problem with the name, Adolph, right? I just checked...there's even a Saint Adolph...from the 13th Century.
First of all, it's not as if the child was named "Adolph Otto" or "Erwin Hitler"; it's the combination of the two names which is most concerning, and certainly wasn't an innocent coincidence. The name was intentionally given to this child in order to pay homage to one of the worst men in modern history.

Abstract
Dec 17, 2008, 06:02 PM
I hope Adolf Hitler and Aryan Nation go to school with a black guy named White People Are Retarded. Schoolyard fights would get a little bit.....interesting.

gnasher729
Dec 17, 2008, 06:43 PM

If you check where the expression "drunk the kool-aid" comes from, you will find (1) he hasn't drunk it and (2) if he had, he would be dead now. Which wouldn't be a great loss for the world.

When the boy is eighteen, he can change his name, and then the dad will be only ******** in the family.

MatLane
Dec 17, 2008, 06:45 PM
I find it quite pathetic actually...

iJohnHenry
Dec 17, 2008, 06:52 PM
Control freaks, of the worst kind. :mad:

synth3tik
Dec 17, 2008, 07:00 PM
"Say he grows up and hangs out with black people. That's fine, I don't really care," he said. "That's his choice."

I'd like to see Aryon Nation hang out in the ghetto, or Hitler riding a city bus.

TuffLuffJimmy
Dec 17, 2008, 07:05 PM
I'd like to see Aryon Nation hang out in the ghetto, or Hitler riding a city bus.

What's with people wanting these children to be beaten up? We need to remember that it's their parents who made this less than intelligent decision.

iJohnHenry
Dec 17, 2008, 07:05 PM
School yard conversation:

Hi, my name is Adolph Campbell.

WTF??

What can I say, my Dad is a total a$$hole.

Hugs all round, and general acceptance. :D

synth3tik
Dec 17, 2008, 07:08 PM
What's with people wanting these children to be beaten up? We need to remember that it's their parents who made this less than intelligent decision.

umm, don't think I said that.

Their dad said
"Say he grows up and hangs out with black people. That's fine, I don't really care," he said. "That's his choice."

And I say

yeah, right!

itcheroni
Dec 17, 2008, 07:12 PM
I think this highlights one of the traits of racism. The father believes other people are to blame for the reactions, when a normal parent would consider a name's every possible connotation and make a decision in the best interest of the child.

He blames ShopRite for not making his son a cake. Just as it must be the fault of other races for the other misfortunes in his life. Nothing seems to be within his control, at least none of the bad stuff.

In his mind, his beliefs will be confirmed every time anything negative happens to Adolf; it's everyone else who's intolerant, not the white supremacists.

iJohnHenry
Dec 17, 2008, 07:20 PM
Reinforcement, through a child.

How low can you go???

Gray-Wolf
Dec 17, 2008, 07:30 PM
Best thing they can do, on the date they hit 18, change their names. ;)

Digital Skunk
Dec 17, 2008, 10:47 PM
Take a trip to Europe. Visit Germany and Poland. Learn what they meant by "arbeit macht frei". Some of those places, the camps, are still there. Old, and cold, and quiet. Stand next to the thick concrete walls, on the lush green grass.

I have a feeling not too many people would have any clue as to what you are talking about.

Sadly, many people may know, but very VERY few understand.

I hope Adolf Hitler and Aryan Nation go to school with a black guy named White People Are Retarded. Schoolyard fights would get a little bit.....interesting.

To reiterate what others have said, I'd hate to see the kids get punished for their parents mistakes....

BUT!

The children will of course have to be the ones to make amends to what their parent have done for their own selfish motives.

donga
Dec 17, 2008, 10:47 PM
Best thing they can do, on the date they hit 18, change their names. ;)

right. like these peeps did:

fuk king kwok (http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/years/2008/0905081ocho7.html)
John Pearce Dick (http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/years/2008/0905081ocho8.html)
The Schmucks (http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/years/2008/0905081ocho10.html)
Robert Suckey (http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/years/2008/0905081ocho10.html)
Mary Jo Porn (http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/years/2008/0905081ocho10.html)
Ralph Lauren (http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/years/2008/0905081ocho16.html)

can you imagine wearing Ralph Lifshitz polos?

A Mac Gamer
Dec 17, 2008, 11:23 PM

Exactly, the atrocities that occurred during WWII and the Holocaust are almost too horrible to think of. The people who think that this is ok obviously don't realize how grave it was. Have you ever seen Schindler's List? Visited the Holocaust Museum in Washington D.C.? Just reading about it in a high school textbook doesn't explain the full extent of what happened under Hitler. He will always be remember as a man of evil, therefore, reference to him via another person's name will present the same reaction.

Keebler
Dec 18, 2008, 03:33 PM
you know, I have an open mind to what people want to believe, do and name their kid, but honestly, those 2 names are the most distasteful I've ever heard.

"aryan nation" and "adolph hitler" ?

and i like to give the benefit of the doubt, but this guy is of german descent and it's obvious he supports hitler's ideology. otherwise, why would you?

either that or he was stoned or hammered when he thought they would be good names for kids and that 'no one else in the world would have the same name' well...duh....no kidding.

ah well...

Counterfit
Dec 19, 2008, 03:55 AM
On a side note not only has Adolf Hitler become a ruined name for the vast foreseeable future. He also ruined the Chaplin mustache.
Everyone needs to watch this movie (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Great_Dictator).
It's all very well the Beckhams naming their first born Brooklyn, but obviously naming your child after where he or she was conceived doesn't work for everyone...
How many kids would be named "Backseat", I wonder...

Descendants of Adolf are alive today.

You have a very weird imagination.

RayStar
Dec 19, 2008, 05:54 AM
I think CPS should be called in to investigate these parents and both should be sterlized ASAP!

iJohnHenry
Dec 19, 2008, 06:00 AM
can you imagine wearing Ralph Lifshitz polos?

A smart man, to remember his towels. ;)

Cabbit
Dec 19, 2008, 06:07 AM
Nothing wrong with the name, just because one was a dictator that made Germany a great country out of a recession were your wheelbarrow was worth more than the stacks of notes on it. Went a little mad afterwords with world domination but after what the guy did i think i would also feel indestructible.

Now come to the point, should we stop calling kids Gorge Bush because to many eastern societies he is called a butcher. Or all the little Johsive's running about, they should be ridiculed too ?

iJohnHenry
Dec 19, 2008, 06:28 AM
Only if their middle name was (Joseph ;))Stalin.

BlackSnow
Dec 19, 2008, 10:37 AM
Poor kids... There is nothing wrong with name. But kids (most likely some adult) will give Adolf and his sister a hard time.

Counterfit
Dec 19, 2008, 10:52 AM
Nothing wrong with the name, just because one was a dictator that made Germany a great country out of a recession were your wheelbarrow was worth more than the stacks of notes on it. Went a little mad afterwords with world domination but after what the guy did i think i would also feel indestructible.

He made a "great" country by blaming their economic problems on Jews (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Racial_policy_of_Nazi_Germany).

apsterling
Dec 19, 2008, 11:12 AM
He made a "great" country by blaming their economic problems on Jews (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Racial_policy_of_Nazi_Germany).

After bringing it out of a depression beyond any we've had in America.

alphaod
Dec 19, 2008, 12:48 PM
Man this is a terrible name for your kids, but in a different terrible way, I've known parents who name their kids: Gold, Diamond, etc. Seriously, some parents just have no sense of proper.

MacNoobie
Dec 19, 2008, 02:01 PM
For me its just a stunt to gain some attention & controversy since I don't know why "normal" parents would name their kid something as awful as Hitler knowing what he accomplished during his time.

My conclusion is that these people probably missed out on the right & wrong/common sense teachings of their parents or mental illness is prevalent in their family circle which inhibits their reasoning behind naming their child after a man that did horrible vile things to groups of other people.

I simply hope they wont show him what Hitler accomplished during his life time glamorizing his power and rule over others thus giving him the idea that maybe he was destined to do great things such as Hitler did.

andiwm2003
Dec 19, 2008, 03:56 PM

this is truly the best post in response to this story.

thanks!

sared
Dec 19, 2008, 05:21 PM
These parents are nuts. they're going to do alot of damage to the kids psychological and emotional health when he grows up.

Counterfit
Dec 19, 2008, 06:46 PM
My conclusion is that these people probably missed out on the right & wrong/common sense teachings of their parents

From my understanding of the article, the father picked up on his parents teachings like nothing else.

Rt&Dzine
Dec 19, 2008, 06:54 PM
Descendants of Adolf are alive today.

Descendants? There are a few relatives living . . . niece, nephews. I'm no expert, but this is the first I've heard about descendants.

gnasher729
Dec 19, 2008, 06:58 PM

You are a bit confused here. What you are talking about is the 1921-1923 time of hyperinflation, which was dealt with by the then democratic government in Germany. Nothing to do with Hitler at all.

After bringing it out of a depression beyond any we've had in America.

By starting a program of systematic weapons production which even in 1933 was aimed at enabling warfare against neighbouring countries, by systematically concealing the amount of debt involved, and by systematic expropriation of about 10 percent of the population.

As a result of this, Germany in May 1939 was bankrupt. In a very well hidden way, but bankrupt. And you can't say that was a depression "beyond any we've had in America" because it was the 1929-1933 depression which _started_ in America.

marcello440
Dec 19, 2008, 10:55 PM
Wow!, I wonder how teacher's will be able to call on him in class. "Yes, Adolph hitler?"....no. Anyway, as you guys said, their trailer trash, so he probably won't have an education even if he's totally capable. Very sad. In the article the father said that he wouldn't have any problem if the son hung out with black kids. What did he say about jews?--NOTHING Those people are filthy bastards and should go to jail for this, really dumb!

TSE
Dec 19, 2008, 11:18 PM
Adolf is actually a very beautiful name. If Hitler never was named that, I would probably name my kid Adolf. I mean, the name itself in Germany means something like "Brave Wolf" or something. It is a beautiful sounding name. It's a shame that all the bad world leaders have such good names. :(

Counterfit
Dec 20, 2008, 12:07 AM
Descendants? There are a few relatives living . . . niece, nephews. I'm no expert, but this is the first I've heard about descendants.
Hmm, you could be right about that. I'm not really sure where to find out.
Adolf is actually a very beautiful name. If Hitler never was named that, I would probably name my kid Adolf. I mean, the name itself in Germany means something like "Brave Wolf" or something. It is a beautiful sounding name.
Indeed. One ******* had to **** it up.
It's a shame that all the bad world leaders have such good names. :(

I dunno, Benito is kinda meh, Josef is still cool, and I don't think George is going anywhere.

Oops, did I say that out loud? :o

TuffLuffJimmy
Dec 20, 2008, 12:56 AM
Adolf is actually a very beautiful name. If Hitler never was named that, I would probably name my kid Adolf. I mean, the name itself in Germany means something like "Brave Wolf" or something. It is a beautiful sounding name. It's a shame that all the bad world leaders have such good names. :(

I agree. I hate how some things ruin certain names. For example I'm really fond of the name Damien, but I fear the Omen ruined that name for a lot of people.

Prof.
Dec 20, 2008, 12:58 AM
I agree. I hate how some things ruin certain names. For example I'm really fond of the name Damien, but I fear the Omen ruined that name for a lot of people.
Not really. I went to school with a guy named Damien and no one made fun of him or anything. However, I went to school with a guy named Elvis and he got made fun of sooooo much.:(

Abstract
Dec 20, 2008, 05:18 AM
I went to school with a guy named Hercules, and he was made fun of. What did he ever do to you? :(

BlackSnow
Jan 9, 2009, 04:01 PM

I agree, I like the name Adolf, I would name my child that. But it's not the first name that's the problem. It's both the first and middle that's the problem here. As long as it's not Adolf Hitler and what ever last name, it should be fine. Plus some people just know Hitler's last name.

nizz
Jan 10, 2009, 09:38 AM
No surprises here. As a minority, I can tell you that Philly and Pittsburgh is fine. Mostly everything else in between is practically Alabama.

Don't tell me it ain't true because you haven't been denied road instructions or stared at(with hatred) by young children.

branjosef
Jan 11, 2009, 02:15 AM

Because they want to make sure their child is at a disadvantage in life. Some parents are just dumb people.

iFool
Jan 13, 2009, 01:47 PM
I sure hope his high scholl class is full of weight lifting jews, that'll knock some sense into the parents

waffle911
Jan 13, 2009, 06:03 PM
You wouldn't see Ford putting out another Edsel. Too much association with a poorly-designed, poorly-built junker of a car. And you know what? It was named after Henry Ford's son, Edsel, who in turn was named after Henry's childhood best friend. I don't expect to come across anybody named "Edsel" for a long time.

Plus, once Adolf has a Jewish teacher (maybe not ever, as the case may be) or watches a film or does a history report about the Holucost, he WILL be ridiculed and he WILL be angry and upset with his parents.

And I imagine some of the Brits reading his across the pond will understand why I would never name a kid William Richard Rogers, or anything to that effect. Although it has to be said, My last name isn't Rogers, so that poses little problem.

fwhh
Jan 13, 2009, 07:12 PM
Based on German criminal code (namely Volksverhetzung), I suspect this name might actually be deemed illegal.
Actually, this name would never be allowed in germany, as the authories ("standesämter") only accept white-listed names for childs. So in germany, not any name is possible.
And: the correct spelling is Adolf, if you want to make a connection to Adolf Hitler. Adolph is an (older) variety of this name.

The parents have to be absolutly nuts. I second the poster who suggested a tour to the remains of the concentration camps in germany and poland, maybe they would start to think about it again....

ikermalli
Jan 13, 2009, 09:18 PM
If you think about it when someone is named Adolf Hitler and automatically think that is stupid and all that, a lot of people had the name Osama before all the terrorist attacks started and saying that they have a stupid name and their parents are racist etc. Though in this case, I guess you can say these people went out of their way to name their children socially unacceptable names.

Keebler
Jan 14, 2009, 10:02 AM
apologies if this is a repeat post, but the kids were removed from the house:

http://cnews.canoe.ca/CNEWS/World/2009/01/14/8020031-ap.html

joepunk
Jan 14, 2009, 12:13 PM
I was wondering when that was going to happen.

Dont Hurt Me
Jan 14, 2009, 12:22 PM
Parents are sick, twisted and sound as if they are incompetent.

CHAOS STEP
Jan 14, 2009, 03:47 PM
apologies if this is a repeat post, but the kids were removed from the house:

http://cnews.canoe.ca/CNEWS/World/2009/01/14/8020031-ap.html

Whilst this seems sensible, is it legal at all?

As far as I'm aware, In America you have freedom of speech protected and you can think what you like and bring your kids up and name them what you like ... so unless there was some abuse going on (aside from racial indoctrination) how can they justify that?

If not why haven't they taken the Westboro kids away?