Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

neil.b

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 20, 2008
...throws up these errors when my app launches. Just wondering if it's normal.

Code:
This GDB was configured as "i386-apple-darwin".warning: Unable to read symbols for "/System/Library/Frameworks/UIKit.framework/UIKit" (file not found).
warning: Unable to read symbols from "UIKit" (not yet mapped into memory).
warning: Unable to read symbols for "/System/Library/Frameworks/AVFoundation.framework/Versions/A/AVFoundation" (file not found).
warning: Unable to read symbols from "AVFoundation" (not yet mapped into memory).
warning: Unable to read symbols for "/System/Library/Frameworks/CoreGraphics.framework/CoreGraphics" (file not found).
warning: Unable to read symbols from "CoreGraphics" (not yet mapped into memory).

edenwaith

macrumors 6502a
Aug 7, 2001
I also came across this problem recently. It seemed to start when I added the CoreGraphics framework. That wasn't the problem, however.

I then updated to the latest developer tools and SDKs. 1.7GB download later...and the problems were still around. I finally tracked my problem down to a small issue in my code. When the viewDidLoad method started, I had an array declared that looked like this:

NSArray *array = [[NSArray alloc] initWithObjects: @"Jack", @"Jill", "Mary", nil];

The problem boiled down to forgetting to add the @ symbol before "Mary". No compilation errors or warnings, but it kept crashing the problem, and it seemed to keep pointing at the UIKit and/or CoreGraphics frameworks.

I've seen this problem listed quite a few times on the web, but there generally isn't a solution to this problem. Best method might be to create a very simple program and add the CoreGraphics framework to ensure that truly isn't the problem.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.