PDA

View Full Version : Oral sex linked to mouth cancer

iGav
Feb 26, 2004, 06:04 AM
Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo :eek: :eek: :eek:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/3485158.stm

But they stressed people did not need to alter their behaviour.

phewy.... heheheh :p

Opteron
Feb 26, 2004, 06:14 AM
You never cease to amaze me iGav.

whooleytoo
Feb 26, 2004, 07:14 AM
This bit made me laugh!

"We have known for some time that there is a small but significant group of people with oral cancer whose disease cannot be blamed on smoking and drinking because they are too young.

"In this group there must be another factor, and HPV and oral sex seems to be one likely explanation.

Too young for drink and smoking (legally 18 here, but often start younger) so it must be oral sex!

Maybe this should be tagged onto the 'oral sex at school' thread?

AhmedFaisal
Feb 26, 2004, 08:00 AM
... is the fact that oral sex is know to be a major reason for female infertility in western countries. While that may sound crazy first it does make sense from a scientific standpoint.

<science talk> We all know that for certain diseases whose general way of entry is the mucosa (meaning the tissue in your mouth, lungs, nostrils, digestive tract etc.) we use oral vaccination instead of injections. The reason for that is that oral vaccination causes the production of the only antibody type that is secreted through the mucosa which is IgA. If you want to prevent certain bacteria or viruses from even entering your system this is the antibody you want. Well, it turns out that oral sex in fact works like oral vaccination. Sperm fluid is a more potent Adjuvans than complete Freund'sches Adjuvans (Adjuvans being a fluid that intensifies the reaction of your immunesystem against a certain target mixed with the Adjuvans). How did scientists come to that conclusion? When researching the cause for female infertility in many women in western countries they found high levels of IgA against parts of male sperm in the uteral and vaginal fluid. When searching for a possible explanation for that finding oral sex was the only common factor that was found and when using sperm-bank sperm-samples mice that were orally treated with it developed drastic IgA immune responses against sperm </science talk>

*grins at the thought of this study being presented at a science convention*
Cheers,

Ahmed

revenuee
Feb 26, 2004, 08:40 AM
we all gotta go ... not stopping me from diving for oysters anytime soon :D

1macker1
Feb 26, 2004, 08:58 AM
Shhhhhhhhhh! Dont show this to my girlfriend. This thread must be deleted ASAP!

krimson
Feb 26, 2004, 08:58 AM
Tis truely a sad sad day...

gwuMACaddict
Feb 26, 2004, 09:04 AM
i'll take my chances with the cancer... ;)

iGav
Feb 26, 2004, 09:46 AM
Originally posted by 1macker1

heheheheheheh :p :p :p :p :p :p

wdlove
Feb 26, 2004, 11:49 AM
Originally posted by gwuMACaddict
i'll take my chances with the cancer... ;)

The innocence of youth. "It can happen to me."

Don't be too concerned 1macker1, there was a thread not too long ago about women loosing weight because of performing oral sex.

Raid
Feb 26, 2004, 12:42 PM
Originally posted by iGAV
Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo :eek: :eek: :eek:

<joke>iGav what where you thinking! I saw this story in the paper today, but wasn't going to mention it. This story needs to be suppressed, not posted and talked about repeatedly! I know this site is probably gender biased, but this could be damaging to both sexes! Please think about the concequences before posting! :) :) :D Mods please delete this and everyone act like the thread never existed!</joke>

The article states though that it only affects people who already have STD's. A point I'd highlight if my girlfriend ever mentioned the article. :cool:

gwuMACaddict
Feb 26, 2004, 02:34 PM
Originally posted by wdlove
The innocence of youth

i just mean that you can get busy livin' or get busy dyin'.... no point in wasting your time worrying about things like this...

Gymnut
Feb 26, 2004, 03:00 PM
This could be very well be the collapse of modern day society. ;)

tpjunkie
Feb 26, 2004, 03:01 PM
Originally posted by gwuMACaddict
i just mean that you can get busy livin' or get busy dyin'

just so long as you're gettin' busy ;)

virividox
Feb 26, 2004, 03:04 PM
i wonder how many people in teh study didnt smoke or drink?

solvs
Feb 26, 2004, 05:11 PM
Ah, everything causes cancer. I don't smoke, drink much, or go out in the sun much, but nothing's gonna stop me from enjoying this activity.

Not that I've dated much lately after my last relationship went south, BUT STILL!!!

Counterfit
Feb 26, 2004, 05:23 PM
Don't be too concerned 1macker1, there was a thread not too long ago about women loosing weight because of performing oral sex. Heh, I'd show that to any potential girlfriend before this one then :p

mymemory
Feb 26, 2004, 06:09 PM
Originally posted by 1macker1

I was about to say the same thing.

But guys, can you imagine the "milage" some one need to have cancer in their mouth?

michaelrjohnson
Feb 26, 2004, 07:52 PM
Originally posted by mymemory

But guys, can you imagine the "milage" some one need to have cancer in their mouth?

ugh

MrMacMan
Feb 26, 2004, 08:12 PM
Sad sad story...

Which is why it MUST be deleted!
;)

*sigh*

i bet... drinking water causes cancer!

Yes, I can hear it now.

New study reveals that drinking water, yes H2O, is now linked to cancer.

The latest scientific scare tatic is
_______ cause cancer.

Stilly studies.

wdlove
Feb 26, 2004, 09:13 PM
A major study shows that greater than 90% of oral cancer is caused by drinking and smoking. Those found to have HPV Virus (human papilloma virus) acknowledged to having oral sex. It is the same virus that causes cervical cancer. They are working a vaccine to prevent cervical cancer they think that it might be effective on oral cancer also.

http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2004/02/26/1077676859526.html

stoid
Feb 26, 2004, 11:25 PM
Originally posted by mymemory

I would be willing to volunteer to help them find out exactly how MUCH milage they need. :D :D

revenuee
Feb 26, 2004, 11:33 PM
Originally posted by stoid
I would be willing to volunteer to help them find out exactly how MUCH milage they need. :D :D

by giving it out :p ? .... LOL man i couldn't resist :D

iGav
Feb 27, 2004, 03:11 AM
Originally posted by Raid
This story needs to be suppressed, not posted and talked about repeatedly! I know this site is probably gender biased, but this could be damaging to both sexes! Please think about the concequences before posting! :) :) :D Mods please delete this and everyone act like the thread never existed!

heheh, I'm waiting for the massive influx of email from MR people whose sex lives I've destroyed.... heheheh

but hey, think of it this way... these scientists and medical people are always making big sweeping statements like these, only for the following week another group of them announce that infact, oral sex could well be a cure for cancer.... :eek: :D :p :p

Savage Henry
Feb 27, 2004, 03:55 AM
What next?? You Pick your nose too much your feet may fall off?

Personally, (and with this subject matter how can it be anything else?) I think the lab-coat technicians are jealous because they all still live at home with their Mums, they still wet the bed and are looking to spoil it for the rest of us.

Naturally I don't have a great deal of proof to back that up and am merely looking for attention and recognition from my peers, but that didn't stop them from publishing their findings in the first place;)

m4rc
Feb 27, 2004, 04:22 AM
Originally posted by Savage Henry
What next?? You Pick your nose too much your feet may fall off?

No, your head will cave in. At least, that was what my parents used to tell me. No scientific proof or anything. ;)

Marc

Savage Henry
Feb 27, 2004, 04:35 AM
Originally posted by marccarter
No, your head will cave in. At least, that was what my parents used to tell me. No scientific proof or anything. ;)

Marc

That could explain why my younger brother used to eat his, to re-fill the chasm his nasel evacuations produced.

So there I was thinking he was a disgusting troglodyte, when in fact he was a self-replenishing genius!! :D

Counterfit
Feb 27, 2004, 02:53 PM
Originally posted by Savage Henry
That could explain why my younger brother used to eat his, to re-fill the chasm his nasel evacuations produced.

So there I was thinking he was a disgusting troglodyte, when in fact he was a self-replenishing genius!! :D I wonder what would happen if I pointed him to this thread... :D

D0ct0rteeth
Feb 27, 2004, 03:04 PM
The article states though that it only affects people who already have STD's... otherwise im fairly sure oral sex prevents cancer.

At least thats what I will tell my girl.

That would make a great T-Shirt..

surgeon generals warning:

Oral sex when performed regularly has been shown to prevent cancer and otherwise promote healthy cellular function. Additional sexual behavior is also believed to be mutually beneficial, however further studies are needed before making a final decision.

Savage Henry
Feb 27, 2004, 03:21 PM
Originally posted by Counterfit
I wonder what would happen if I pointed him to this thread... :D

Well if I wake up in the morning next to a horses head then I know you managed to track him down.

Don't you be hasty there Mr Counterfit. So to keep on your good side you can have a my $250 Lucky Bag (http://www.luckybags.com/office/products/27118scoobydoomys) that I bought from this guy who used to work for Apple. It's the one that everyone on the forum is talking about and it's all yours for not tellin tales, ya hear...:(

Frohickey
Feb 27, 2004, 03:43 PM
Sounds like a disease that only men have to worry about.

Oh wait, make that men and lesbians. :o

wdlove
Feb 27, 2004, 04:16 PM
Originally posted by D0ct0rteeth
The article states though that it only affects people who already have STD's... otherwise im fairly sure oral sex prevents cancer.

At least thats what I will tell my girl.

Raphael Viscidi, a virologist who worked on the research, believes the findings substantiate the link between HPV and oral cancer. It is sexually transmitted.

"This is a major study in terms of size," he said. "I think this will convince people."

High consumptions of alcohol and cigarettes are estimated to cause 75-90 per cent of all cases of oral cancer. The combination of tobacco smoke and alcohol are thought to produce high levels of cancer causing agents.

Scientists are currently working on vaccines to prevent cervical cancer, which is more common, but they might also be effective against oral cancer.

"It is thought the vaccines would prevent oral infections as well," the magazine added.

Check my link on the previous page.

1macker1
Feb 27, 2004, 04:34 PM
I'm going to find that thread and link it as the home page on her browser.

Don't be too concerned 1macker1, there was a thread not too long ago about women loosing weight because of performing oral sex.

WinterMute
Feb 27, 2004, 05:25 PM
Anyone remember the Joe Jackson song:

"Everything gives you cancer..."

I'll risk it.

Now if the research had discovered a link to testicular cancer.....

There's a dilemma.:D

Ambrose Chapel
Feb 29, 2004, 01:59 PM
this falls under the ignorance is bliss dept...

MrMacMan
Feb 29, 2004, 08:52 PM
I'm going with the george carlin theory...

The more cancer the better for you. from this Book/CD http://www.laugh.com/gimages/cd_covers/carlin_napalm_cd.jpg .

If you have more cancer you are better because they fight eachother. :rolleyes:

revenuee
Mar 1, 2004, 08:51 AM
or just skip the oral sex and go straight for the real thing

vniow
Mar 1, 2004, 09:27 PM
or just skip the oral sex and go straight for the real thing

How is oral sex any less valid than intercourse?

Or does it have to involve a penis to be considered "real" sex?

wdlove
Mar 1, 2004, 09:46 PM

No vinow. I consider oral sex to be real sex. It can be oral, anal, or vaginal. All are still sex. We have Bill Clinton to thank for the confusion. The it all depends on the definition is "is" person.

rjrufo
Mar 2, 2004, 09:19 PM
<science talk> We all know that for certain diseases whose general way of entry is the mucosa (meaning the tissue in your mouth, lungs, nostrils, digestive tract etc.) we use oral vaccination instead of injections. The reason for that is that oral vaccination causes the production of the only antibody type that is secreted through the mucosa which is IgA. If you want to prevent certain bacteria or viruses from even entering your system this is the antibody you want. Well, it turns out that oral sex in fact works like oral vaccination. Sperm fluid is a more potent Adjuvans than complete Freund'sches Adjuvans (Adjuvans being a fluid that intensifies the reaction of your immunesystem against a certain target mixed with the Adjuvans). How did scientists come to that conclusion? When researching the cause for female infertility in many women in western countries they found high levels of IgA against parts of male sperm in the uteral and vaginal fluid. When searching for a possible explanation for that finding oral sex was the only common factor that was found and when using sperm-bank sperm-samples mice that were orally treated with it developed drastic IgA immune responses against sperm </science talk>

Ahmed

Oral sex, the natural birth control pill...

... and diet pill. :D

revenuee
Mar 3, 2004, 01:01 AM

you make a good point

umm i'm afraid to touch this for fear of being attacked ...

but the reason i said that is because i have female friends that say, "if a guy wants a blow job, why not just have regular sex, so that i get something out of the deal too"

i apologize for the misuse of words such as "real" or "regular"

Snowy_River
Mar 3, 2004, 01:56 AM
This just in....

Researchers have discovered that research causes cancer...

More details as they become available...

:D

Sun Baked
Mar 7, 2004, 12:07 PM
Guess this was a similar study. (http://www.10-7.com/humor/photopages/research.jpg)

revenuee
Mar 7, 2004, 01:57 PM
Guess this was a similar study. (http://www.10-7.com/humor/photopages/research.jpg)

you get paid for receiving? ... LOL ... score

evolu
Mar 10, 2004, 12:20 AM

er... your wording's a little vague here. :D