PDA

View Full Version : MCE anybody buy from them??? Looking to get an iBook w/SuperDrive

bgotori
Feb 26, 2004, 02:12 PM
Hey All

I was wondering if anybody out there has done any business with them. I'm looking to buy an iBook with a SuperDrive. I've E-mailed them three times but No Response... So...

Thanks!!!

Brad Gotori
bgotori@netscape.net

machem
Feb 26, 2004, 02:50 PM
MCE is great. I've never bought a CPU from them, but I buy all my portable supplies (HD, memory, drives, etc etc) from them. Very knowledgeable and friendly staff. Great service.

_pb_boi
Feb 26, 2004, 03:23 PM
To the best of my knowledge, the iBook G4 doesn't come with superdrive;

http://www.apple.com/ibook/specs.html

If I'm wrong, or misinterpreted - my bad, apologies :)

Andy

jxyama
Feb 26, 2004, 03:54 PM
Originally posted by _pb_boi
To the best of my knowledge, the iBook G4 doesn't come with superdrive;

http://www.apple.com/ibook/specs.html

If I'm wrong, or misinterpreted - my bad, apologies :)

Andy

MCE sells "upgrades" to swap the combo drive in the iBook with a SuperDrive.

solvs
Feb 26, 2004, 05:44 PM
Try http://www.xlr8yourmac.com/

They have good info on this type of stuff.

thecow
Feb 26, 2004, 05:49 PM
I bought a hard drive from them for my pb and it works great. Also the prices are pretty good.

bgotori
Feb 26, 2004, 06:18 PM
Hey solvs

Thanks for that WebSite!!!

Well, I send my fourth and FINAL E-mail to them... Funny a WebSite Company that DOESN'T ANSWER SALE's Emails... I'll be out of town for a few days, but will have Web access with my Sharp SL-5000(Linux PDA)at StarBucks. Will see... I'm HOPEING!!!

The Apple IBook doesn't come with a SuperDrive, MCE does this. There having a SALE on the iBook w/SuperDrive, thats why I'm looking to get this from them.

Thanks All

Brad Gotori
bgotori@netscape.net

machem
Feb 26, 2004, 09:59 PM
Originally posted by bgotori
Hey solvs

Thanks for that WebSite!!!

Well, I send my fourth and FINAL E-mail to them... Funny a WebSite Company that DOESN'T ANSWER SALE's Emails... I'll be out of town for a few days, but will have Web access with my Sharp SL-5000(Linux PDA)at StarBucks. Will see... I'm HOPEING!!!

The Apple IBook doesn't come with a SuperDrive, MCE does this. There having a SALE on the iBook w/SuperDrive, thats why I'm looking to get this from them.

Thanks All

Brad Gotori
bgotori@netscape.net

Doesn't anyone use the phone anymore?

I've always had good responses calling them directly.

CmdrLaForge
Feb 27, 2004, 03:59 AM

I am wondering if iDVD will work on such an iBook ? Any thoughts ?

Cheers

jxyama
Feb 27, 2004, 08:47 AM
they claim iApps will work...

but those are darn expensive... figures, but still... for nearly $400, i think i'd rather save up a bit and get a SD eMac... (or a CD-ROM/ComboDrive eMac and install a DVD burner myself... apparently, if you install the same one as the SuperDrive, iApps will recognize it...)

jane doe
Feb 27, 2004, 10:24 AM
iDVD will run on the iBook but putting the SuperDrive in there will void the warranty....

Good Luck

bgotori
Feb 27, 2004, 02:29 PM
Hey machem

I don't want to waste my Cell Phone time on this kind of stuff... I'll give them a call when I'm back in town.

So your saying they Don't Answer E-mails... Kind of ODD... Why would you have WebSite with on-line buying, if people can't contact you through E-mail???

Thanks!!!

Brad Gotori
bgotori@netscape.net

bgotori
Feb 27, 2004, 02:33 PM
Hey jane doe

I hope it doesn't Void the Warrenty... These guys are supposed to be an approved Apple Dealer...

Thanks!!!

Brad Gotori
bgotori@netscape.net

machem
Feb 27, 2004, 05:10 PM
Hey machem

I don't want to waste my Cell Phone time on this kind of stuff... I'll give them a call when I'm back in town.

So your saying they Don't Answer E-mails... Kind of ODD... Why would you have WebSite with on-line buying, if people can't contact you through E-mail???

Thanks!!!

Brad Gotori
bgotori@netscape.net

I'm not saying they don't answer emails, just that I've always called them and gotten a quick answer to any questions.

_pb_boi
Feb 27, 2004, 06:06 PM
MCE sells "upgrades" to swap the combo drive in the iBook with a SuperDrive.

Thanks jxyama, appreciate that correction :)

peace.

bgotori
Feb 27, 2004, 11:27 PM
Hey machem

Well I bit the bullet and Called them. Talk to Ben(nice guy very helpful). I 'm looking for a iBook with BlueTooth built-in, but he said all there iBooks only come with Dongle...Sooo I guess I'll have to call back when I get in Town.

I also found out that the New iBooks that can have BlueTooth built in, Don't have any Motherboard problems, but some of the older one do... Sooo

Thanks for all the REPLIES!!!

Brad Gotori
bgotori@netscape.net