PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone have a Moshi Zefyr?

xerikx
Dec 24, 2008, 07:12 AM
http://www.moshimonde.com/zefyr.html

Wondering if anyone has a review for using one of these while watching media, etc

Would be good to have sitting on the desk

chatuchak
Dec 24, 2008, 07:28 PM
I have one, but rarely use it... the fan is rather loud. I don't really recommend to use it while watching movies. I used it before to play games on my MBA.

SnowLeopard2008
Dec 24, 2008, 08:31 PM
If you have the current generation of the MBA, watching media should be fine and not rock out the fans that much.

xerikx
Dec 24, 2008, 09:21 PM
If you have the current generation of the MBA, watching media should be fine and not rock out the fans that much.

Put two and two together and it'd be obvious why I'm asking this question ;)

SFStateStudent
Dec 24, 2008, 11:08 PM
What's the price on one of those things?

Never mind, it's $75

gcmexico
Dec 24, 2008, 11:52 PM
I have one, but rarely use it... the fan is rather loud. I don't really recommend to use it while watching movies. I used it before to play games on my MBA.
but does it work...do the temps go down?

chatuchak
Dec 25, 2008, 12:46 AM
I have the rev A AND living in the tropics so I'm a bit embarrassed to say that I now have 3 notebook cooler... a brand-less one, a fan-less one, and the Zephyr. I ended up using the brand-less (usb powered) simply because the angle is more comfortable to work on.

As for the Zephyr, for me, it helps only a little bit... it's difficult to get a full contact between the bottom of the notebook and the small area on the Zephyr which supposedly transfer the heat to the long metal strips, and the fan (albeit a small one).

SFStateStudent
Dec 25, 2008, 12:55 AM
As for the Zephyr, for me, it helps only a little bit... it's difficult to get a full contact between the bottom of the notebook and the small area on the Zephyr which supposedly transfer the heat to the long metal strips, and the fan (albeit a small one).

Thanks for your post...:cool:

xerikx
Dec 25, 2008, 08:59 AM
Thanks for your post...:cool:

It'd be nice to find an external cooling solution that DOES work

alphaod
Dec 26, 2008, 01:52 AM
I wanted a Zefyr, but somehow it doesn't seem to make sense when I have the invisibleSHIELD on my computer.

MH01
Dec 26, 2008, 05:16 AM
Put two and two together and it'd be obvious why I'm asking this question ;)

Well to be honest do you have a Rev a or a Rev b? Be nice if you mentioned that fact so people with the same product can give you advice. Rev A and Rev B running this will have different results.

xerikx
Dec 26, 2008, 09:33 AM
Well to be honest do you have a Rev a or a Rev b? Be nice if you mentioned that fact so people with the same product can give you advice. Rev A and Rev B running this will have different results.

I have an A since it's already been mentioned and well known that Bs run media fine

darwinian
Dec 26, 2008, 05:35 PM
I wanted a Zefyr, but somehow it doesn't seem to make sense when I have the invisibleSHIELD on my computer.

It wouldn't look *awful* if you had cut out the square for the contact point, would it? I realize now that it's applied that's probably not worthwhile to get a new one or whatever.