Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001
MacWorld reports on an Apple press event today previewing a new San Francisco Apple Store.

The two story structure opens on Saturday. As an added bonus, the first people in the store have the option of purchasing a mysterious $250 "Lucky Bag" full of 7 or 8 products -- all but one from Apple. The retail value of the contents... reportedly between $600 and $1000.

Despite inquiries, Apple wouldn't give out any details as the contents of the bag.

ginoledesma

macrumors member
Jan 11, 2002
Philippines
Let's see...

1. iPod Mini
2. iSight
3. Apple Wireless Mouse
4. Mac OS X Dog Tags
5. iPod Belt Clip / Accessories
6. Apple Care
7. iLife '04

:D

reyesmac

macrumors 6502a
Jul 17, 2002
Central Texas
That is a really neat promotion. I would buy one if I was there.especially if I could see how big the bag was and as long as I knew that I was getting hardware and not just software.

floatingspirit

macrumors 6502
Oct 13, 2001
Seattle, WA
lucky bags

That's a little trick they may have borrowed from the Japanese. The big name department stores have such sales and some people just go nuts with it! Haha. Who would've imagined a computer maker doing it! Go Apple!:p

Grimace

macrumors 68040
Feb 17, 2003
with Hamburglar.
$250 is a lot, but if Apple can guarantee that the minimum retail value is $600 - it's probably a good deal. We are either going to very envious or laughing in pity.

DTG

macrumors member
Oct 5, 2003
UK
Here's hoping they do this for the launch of the Apple London Store, I'll be there for sure with ?£200? in hand!!

Only problem with the launch day in London is that there will be *so* many people from the continent there crashing the party!!

bidge

macrumors 6502
Jul 16, 2002
New Zealand
Why I am on the other side of the world again?

Attachments

• applestore-bag.jpg
    applestore-bag.jpg
    6.4 KB · Views: 12,355

barbaloot

macrumors member
Feb 19, 2002
San Francisco, CA
I really hope it's a iPod mini and then a bunch of other stuff. Software or something like that. So pretty much you are paying for the mini and they are just throwing the other stuff in for free.

mms

macrumors 6502a
Oct 8, 2003
CA
Even better... it could be a new neat gadget that Apple is debuting, and selling along with some cheap software. It seems logical, because if they include items that they have already had, there is a good chance that people already have them, especially since these are Mac fanatics that attend the opening of an Apple Store. It would be really disappointing for the people who buy the bag in anticipation and find that it's all items they already have.

mvc

macrumors 6502a
Jul 11, 2003
Outer-Roa
Nah, its just a clearance sale gimmick - lots of copies of Appleworks 4 and original iMac Hockey Puck mice ;)

ThorPrime

macrumors member
Jun 6, 2001
Make me want to go..

Any one heading to the opening and heading through santa cruz county? :D

$250 for $600-$1000 in apple stuff is insane. I could really use a 40 gig iPod for $250...

Steven1621

macrumors 6502a
Apr 10, 2003
Connecticut
Originally posted by ginoledesma
Let's see...

1. iPod Mini
2. iSight
3. Apple Wireless Mouse
4. Mac OS X Dog Tags
5. iPod Belt Clip / Accessories
6. Apple Care
7. iLife '04

:D

pretty good guess, maybe a .mac as well?

shemp9999

macrumors regular
Dec 29, 2003
sorry guys, i like the bag idea, for sure, but i don't wait in line.:D

'sides, i'm getting over a cold...and it's been raining like crazy here.

stiiiiiilllll,,,,,,, iii'llll BART over and see what's happeniiiiiiiiiinnnnnng.

<dream>
and mmmmmmmmayyyyyybe i'll ggget them tto aactually take back this POS wireless keyboard.
</dream>

http://homepage.mac.com/hsk/applejapan.html

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.