PDA

View Full Version : Installing Windows XP on MacBook

CoastOfGold
Dec 25, 2008, 11:20 PM
Well, I just installed XP on my new MacBook. I can't go on the internet or do pretty much anything else because I didn't install anything from the Dell ResourceCD. When I did insert the disk, I got a pop up saying that Dell does not recognize this computer as being a Dell computer and therefore will exit the Resource Disc. Anybody can please give me some help how to properly install XP and make it work?

Thanks.

Eidorian
Dec 25, 2008, 11:23 PM
Why are you using the Dell Resource CD? Your Mac's drivers are on the first Leopard installer DVD.

CoastOfGold
Dec 25, 2008, 11:29 PM
So I would install the stuff that's on the Mac Applications disc while I'm on XP?

Eidorian
Dec 25, 2008, 11:32 PM
So I would install the stuff that's on the Mac Applications disc while I'm on XP?Mac OS X Disc 1 under Windows is going to autorun the installer for the BootCamp driver set and control panel.

CoastOfGold
Dec 25, 2008, 11:40 PM
Yeah, I put the disc in. It said it needed a Windows Installer Update (something like that), I clicked 'okay', and then it said 'UPDATE' missing and closed. I tried this a few times and no luck. Any idea what the problem may be?

StingerT125
Dec 26, 2008, 07:27 AM
I'm not sure, bit I think it may be that you are not using a retail version of XP. Are you using a Dell OEM version? That version may be specific to the PC that it came with. I'm just guessing though; maybe someone with more experience with Windows on a Mac will have better information.

alphaod
Dec 26, 2008, 11:03 AM
You need to buy a retail copy of Windows.

08mxkfx
Dec 26, 2008, 11:06 AM
I have windows installed on my iMac and i used the dell oem disk. On my macbook i decided to install TinyXp which works great!