PDA

View Full Version : mouse freezing when waking up from sleep

aleni
Dec 28, 2008, 05:08 AM
my air is rev B with SSD. when i open the lid to wake it up from the sleep, the mouse is freezing for couple of seconds and then back to normal.

it's not tthe whole OS freezing i believe, because ical event suddenly appears on the desktop when the mouse is freezing. so it's not the system i guess.

could it be the lack of voltage because of coolbook? but the system is so stable with these new lower voltages settings i applied a week ago.

yes, i use coolbook too on rev B.

alphaod
Dec 28, 2008, 09:21 AM
Have you tried removing Coolbook and trying?

Ironic
Dec 28, 2008, 09:25 AM
Neither of mine ever did that, I also would remove cool book, and try it for a few days.

byke
Dec 28, 2008, 09:38 AM
mine does this also .. I dont use coolbook

aleni
Dec 28, 2008, 12:02 PM
tried removing coolbook. it doesn't seem to be its problem. it happened sometimes though, not everytime i wake it from sleep.

justit
Dec 28, 2008, 02:33 PM
This is just a guess but it may be that the LED "instant on" is faster than the mac itself at waking up. I notice the display is like an image capture, not actually realtime, until the mouse starts moving again. My delay is only about a second or two.

aleni
Dec 28, 2008, 09:18 PM
i dont think it is, because iCal's event suddenly shows up when the mouse is freezing.

Scott6666
Dec 30, 2008, 02:50 PM
My MacBook Pro (early 2008) does this too. Not just an MBA issue.

gnylen
Jan 1, 2009, 11:16 AM
Ever since I downloaded the latest version of OSX (10.5.6), I have had the same problem...computer won't recognize the mouse after it wakes from sleep. The only way to fix it is to do a hard shut down, which my RAID card hates. Now I can't sleep the computer anymore. Serious drag. Why doesn't Mac take responsibility for anything? I switched from PCs and am seriously preturbed by the continuous "it must be you" response I get from Mac's "customer support" on any technical issue.

gnylen
Jan 1, 2009, 11:23 AM
Check this out -- rather than answer the same question posted by a bunch of other people, or take responsibility for the issue and fix the problem, Apple simply archived a similar thread on their website and won't allow anymore replies. I'm frustrated to say the least.

http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa?threadID=1264044

gnylen
Jan 1, 2009, 11:41 AM
I found a new thread on Apple's website -- if you have a Mac Pro and upgraded to 10.5.6, you are not alone in experiencing this problem. THIS IS NOT YOUR FAULT!!!!!

http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa?messageID=8671145�

Please tell Apple about the above thread so they fix this damn problem!!!!