Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Nik_Doof

macrumors regular
Sep 15, 2003
St Helens, UK
WinterMute said:
You can't get in if you're over 5' 11" tall, which scuppers iGav's plans for a new Aston and a crack at Moneypenny... :D

Of course i'm at a slight disadvantage for being scouser, i've got no chance :)

"arr ey mate, nice wheels..."

iGav

macrumors G3
Original poster
Mar 9, 2002
WinterMute said:
You can't get in if you're over 5' 11" tall, which scuppers iGav's plans for a new Aston and a crack at Moneypenny... :D

you jest 5'11"...??? must be because of the limted head room in the Aston once Q has installed the roof mounted 'Heatseekers' then... :p

Thomas Veil

macrumors 68030
Feb 14, 2004
Much greener pastures
One unnamed official suggested applicants had not been deterred by the relatively low salaries on offer, telling the Times: "They're doing it out of idealism.

"They seem genuinely to want to do something to help this country, instead of going for a job with a much higher salary."
This is why England will always be one step behind us. The only way an American would volunteer would be for the chance to drive fast cars, play with futuristic gadgets and **** beautiful women. :p

evoluzione

macrumors 68020
Thomas Veil said:
This is why England will always be one step behind us. The only way an American would volunteer would be for the chance to drive fast cars, play with futuristic gadgets and **** beautiful women. :p

you think you Americans are one step ahead of us Brits? um, in what possible way?

thanks for lightening up my day :)

Interiority

macrumors member
Nov 9, 2001
England
Nik_Doof said:
Of course i'm at a slight disadvantage for being scouser, i've got no chance :)

Crikey - You're in Widnes... I'm in Runcorn. How is being a scouser a problem? I mean - who would suspect? I'm 6'6"... I guess that rules me out.

macrumors12345

Suspended
Mar 1, 2003
evoluzione said:
you think you Americans are one step ahead of us Brits? um, in what possible way?

I think we are probably better at fabricating evidence about weapons of mass destruction (not that you guys didn't try too, but probably not as egregiously as we did). Certainly we are better at believing our own fabrications. :)

wdlove

macrumors P6
Oct 20, 2002
Interiority said:
Crikey - You're in Widnes... I'm in Runcorn. How is being a scouser a problem? I mean - who would suspect? I'm 6'6"... I guess that rules me out.

Well Interiority those of us that are vertically challenged must stick together. The advantage to it is that we get noticed more often. In a crowd we have the advantage of being able to see over them. I happen to be proud of my height. Was just able to make the cut being a flight nurse.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.