PDA

View Full Version : Pages too wide when viewing posts???

ftaok
Mar 3, 2004, 12:57 PM
Does anyone else have this problem?

When viewing a post, I have to scroll to the right to read the messages. It doesn't matter how wide I set the window, the page just grows.

FYI, I'm using a WinNT 4.0 machine (work) with IE 5.5

arn
Mar 3, 2004, 01:09 PM
Does anyone else have this problem?

When viewing a post, I have to scroll to the right to read the messages. It doesn't matter how wide I set the window, the page just grows.

FYI, I'm using a WinNT 4.0 machine (work) with IE 5.5

nope.... even this thread?

screenshot?

arn

ftaok
Mar 3, 2004, 01:15 PM
nope.... even this thread?

screenshot?

arnArn,

I would love to do a screenshot, but I'm at work and I'm not too good with windows. I don't know how to take a screenshot.

But to answer the question at hand, it seems when I jump to a thread (i.e. via the e-mail notification) the posts are centered. The page is still bigger than the window, but the posts are centered. When I choose a thread from the a forum, the page is the same size, but the window is scrolled to the left, so I have to manually scroll to the right.

It's really wierd. I wonder if anyone else has this problem?

richland
Mar 3, 2004, 01:17 PM
Arn,

I would love to do a screenshot, but I'm at work and I'm not too good with windows. I don't know how to take a screenshot.

Press prt sc button...
Go paste it in paint...
Save...
Bam..

ftaok
Mar 3, 2004, 01:23 PM
Arn,

But to answer the question at hand, it seems when I jump to a thread (i.e. via the e-mail notification) the posts are centered. The page is still bigger than the window, but the posts are centered. When I choose a thread from the a forum, the page is the same size, but the window is scrolled to the left, so I have to manually scroll to the right.

It's really wierd. I wonder if anyone else has this problem?OK, here's a JPG. I'm not sure if this will work.

You'll notice that the scroll bar is activated because there is stuff on the right and left. This is how a post looks when I jump to it via a link. If I choose a thread from the forum list, the page is scrolled to the left.

I hope this explains what I'm trying to say.

arn
Mar 3, 2004, 02:17 PM
OK, here's a JPG. I'm not sure if this will work.

You'll notice that the scroll bar is activated because there is stuff on the right and left. This is how a post looks when I jump to it via a link. If I choose a thread from the forum list, the page is scrolled to the left.

I hope this explains what I'm trying to say.

Odd.... mine scales. I'll look into it tonight.

arn