PDA

View Full Version : BJ as legal defense!!

Grimace
Mar 3, 2004, 01:52 PM
oh.
my.
god.

http://www.cnn.com/2004/LAW/03/03/sex.defense.ap/index.html

wdlove
Mar 3, 2004, 02:01 PM
oh.
my.
god.

http://www.cnn.com/2004/LAW/03/03/sex.defense.ap/index.html

Lawyers will certainly try anything to get a client found non guilty. I would say that she is guilty of contributory negligence. That kind of thing should not be done. I don't even want to think how that is even physically possible. :o

virividox
Mar 3, 2004, 02:11 PM
hehe well she gets plus points for effort

i mean i would be to embarrased to raise that as a defense

agreenster
Mar 3, 2004, 02:19 PM
If the prosecutors were smart, they would use that as further charges. Wouldnt "distracting the driver of a moving vehicle" be against the law? There's gotta be a law they could charge her with, right or wrong. Heck, if having a television/dvd player in sight of the driver is illegal...

Besides, maybe the BJ is what caused the accident in the first place.

:confused:

MongoTheGeek
Mar 3, 2004, 02:37 PM
Besides, maybe the BJ is what caused the accident in the first place.

:confused:

Probably...

Imagine the jokes if he had been driving an Hummer.

virividox
Mar 3, 2004, 02:43 PM
the original charge is manslaughter, but she cant be convicted of that if she is not driving the car

so the BJ defense may leave her open to other future charges but not one for manslaughter at least thats te logic

MongoTheGeek
Mar 3, 2004, 02:55 PM
the original charge is manslaughter, but she cant be convicted of that if she is not driving the car

so the BJ defense may leave her open to other future charges but not one for manslaughter at least thats te logic

I think it depends on the local statues. I think you could make a case for voluntary manslaughter. She intentionally committed a reckless act that caused the death of a person.

Sun Baked
Mar 3, 2004, 03:09 PM
She was driving the car, but she's not quilty of manslaughter because she wasn't in control of the vehicle at the time of the accident because she was performing a BJ on the passenger.

If she was in the driver's seat, it's at least failure to maintain control.

evoluzione
Mar 3, 2004, 03:11 PM
i like the last bit, where they claim the guy could have had his pants down for other reasons, like, he didn't feel well :confused: or he was urinating out of the car window :rolleyes: . yeah like you're gonna pee out of the window of your Mercedes convertable while moving....

Apple //e
Mar 3, 2004, 03:32 PM
i dont believe it.

who puts his pants down in a car to get a bj? you just unzip.

evoluzione
Mar 3, 2004, 03:42 PM
i dont believe it.

who puts his pants down in a car to get a bj? you just unzip.

heh, i for one don't like the feeling of the zipper... :cool:

MrMacMan
Mar 3, 2004, 06:24 PM
Sad sad sad.

How can they not place where the guy was at the time the vehicle was in motion...

Wasn't he like found at the drivers seat... or don't you see the glass if he was ejectd from the car and at the straight line he flew couldn't you place what seat he was sitting in...

arg.

ou_phidelt
Mar 3, 2004, 06:54 PM
I agree, I hate the feeling of the zipper. Yet another reason that I love cruise control. Now when your driving a manual...then things get complicated real quick.

bennetsaysargh
Mar 3, 2004, 08:20 PM
ha! i saw the title before reading the story and i though it was BJ wholesale club! :p

seriously, that's the right time get a room or at least pull over. goodness.

Dippo
Mar 3, 2004, 08:37 PM
I think it depends on the local statues. I think you could make a case for voluntary manslaughter. She intentionally committed a reckless act that caused the death of a person.

Do they normally charge people with manslaughter if some dies in a car accident?

Was she doing something illegal at the time of the accident (besides giving a BJ, not that this is illegal)??

JamesDPS
Mar 3, 2004, 08:37 PM
You can avoid zipper if you fold the cloth right -- just thought I'd point that out -- and it's much easier to recover to a normal clothed state if you're, say, pulled over for reckless driving. I've heard.

Anyway yeah it seems from a legal perspective that she's still responsible -- but would it be manslaughter or some kind of aiding and abetting of manslaughter charge?

ou_phidelt
Mar 3, 2004, 09:08 PM
ha! i saw the title before reading the story and i though it was BJ wholesale club! :p

Yes, but they dont call it road**** for nothing. May not be the smartest thing in the world, but it.... I better stop.

Mr. Anderson
Mar 3, 2004, 09:57 PM
Saw this and thought, eh, what ever gets you off - but that's in extreme poor taste. ;)

And that comment about why the guy would have his pants down (with a woman in the car, no less, regardless what she's doing) was that he wasn't feeling good? So he pulled his pants down?

Can't wait to see the reaction from the wife the next time I'm driving with her and I'm not feeling good.....

Classic stupid comment there.

D

MongoTheGeek
Mar 3, 2004, 10:05 PM
Do they normally charge people with manslaughter if some dies in a car accident?

Was she doing something illegal at the time of the accident (besides giving a BJ, not that this is illegal)??

Only if the person is doing some egregious. Drunk driving, going twice as fast as the posted speed, things like that.

agreenster
Mar 3, 2004, 10:24 PM
So, if I'm driving along and my passenger punches me in the nose and I lose control and crash into someone, killing them, am I at fault or the passenger? Kinda the same logic.....wonder if there's any lawyer here at MacRumors?

Hmm. Equating a punch in the nose to a BJ. Never thought I'd do THAT.

MrMacMan
Mar 4, 2004, 05:49 PM
So, if I'm driving along and my passenger punches me in the nose and I lose control and crash into someone, killing them, am I at fault or the passenger? Kinda the same logic.....wonder if there's any lawyer here at MacRumors?

Hmm. Equating a punch in the nose to a BJ. Never thought I'd do THAT.

No thats assault/battery on part of the passanger, you couldn't be expected to be in control of the vehicle when being beat up or anything like that.

And please people remember in New York state watching pr0n on your DVD player in your car IS ILLEGAL.

:o :eek:

rainman::|:|
Mar 4, 2004, 06:11 PM
Lawyers will certainly try anything to get a client found non guilty. I would say that she is guilty of contributory negligence. That kind of thing should not be done. I don't even want to think how that is even physically possible. :o

Uh, na´ve much? It's called "road head", and it's more common than you think. Hell, a lot of people consider it a normal part of sex life-- and it's not hard to do... that's all i'm saying on that one :)

paul

yuc7zhd2
Mar 4, 2004, 06:47 PM
really. what is the mean age here, 12? You'll get over your insecurities about such disgusting sex acts in 4 years.

Uh, na´ve much? It's called "road head", and it's more common than you think. Hell, a lot of people consider it a normal part of sex life-- and it's not hard to do... that's all i'm saying on that one :)

paul

Counterfit
Mar 4, 2004, 08:32 PM
Hmm, doesn't every Mercedes have a center console shifter? Wouldn't that get in the way?

wdlove
Mar 4, 2004, 08:47 PM

My wife and I belong to a BJ Wholesale Club here in Boston. I will admit that thought did not cross my mind. As someone mentioned I can at times be naive. The only way that I understood the title was after reading the post. Then I formed an opinion.

agreenster
Mar 4, 2004, 10:29 PM
really. what is the mean age here, 12? You'll get over your insecurities about such disgusting sex acts in 4 years.

Hmmm. I think you misunderstood his post somehow-

Paul is the resident sex expert and is well over 12 years old. And gay. I think you are a preachin to the choir.

agreenster
Mar 4, 2004, 10:53 PM
No thats assault/battery on part of the passanger

Hmm. true. I guess there's just got to be some way to nail her for something. (no pun intended, okay maybe it was) Not that I'm against R.H. (thanks for the term paul) but I guess I just feel like the family of the victim ought to get some kind of retribution. Oh well. Not like its gonna bring him back anyway. I guess I just think she deserves her come-uppins. (ooooh, that one was bad. I need to go to bed.)

kylos
Mar 5, 2004, 12:17 AM
Hmm. true. I guess there's just got to be some way to nail her for something. (no pun intended, okay maybe it was) Not that I'm against R.H. (thanks for the term paul) but I guess I just feel like the family of the victim ought to get some kind of retribution. Oh well. Not like its gonna bring him back anyway. I guess I just think she deserves her come-uppins. (ooooh, that one was bad. I need to go to bed.)

Was there really a victim though? I suspect this fellow was a willing party. It's what he gets for being careless. I tend to believe the woman for a number of reasons. First, the very fact that she brought it up. I doubt someone would come up with an embarrassing story that will be openly discussed amongst many people. Loss of privacy, you think?. Also, it's very plausible. As our good paul whannel has said, this is actually not that unusual, and such actions are certainly not conducive to safe transportation. And last, that the prosecution would be so lame as to suggest this guy is going to try to urinate out the window or moon someone. I very much doubt it. Oh, he must have been sick. Yeah, I pull my pants down all the time when I'm sick. I'm guessing that with a woman in the car, he would be even less likely to have his pants down for these reasons than for another.

agreenster
Mar 5, 2004, 12:06 PM
Whoops! I thought they hit somebody and killed them, as well as the driver. My bad.

Mar 5, 2004, 01:43 PM
Whoops! I thought they hit somebody and killed them, as well as the driver. My bad.

very cute 'tar :)

so i'm the resident sex expert... read: whore. i'm so touched ;)

road head may be common, but as mentioned above, it's not safe. The passenger at least, and possibly the driver, have to remove seat-belts. The driver is distracted, and the passenger obscures the controls (there's a joke in here somewhere, the punch line must be "she honked the horn with her forehead"). Anyhoo, having been on both ends of it, i still think this guy took a risk and lost... if the woman's story is true, she's quite lucky to be alive, i should think...

i don't know how accurate it is in the thread title, and all the press coverage, to say a BJ was used as a defense. Really it's just an alibis, and there have certainly been weirder :)

paul

agreenster
Mar 5, 2004, 03:56 PM
very cute 'tar :)

so i'm the resident sex expert... read: whore. i'm so touched ;)

sorry-I didnt mean it that way. I think that dude thought you were a kid getting grossed out by the thought of it. Anyway...

Yeah, the avatar is new, decided to update it now that we have the new boards. That spinning powerbook had been around a while. The turtle is my latest 3D project...

ThomasJefferson
Mar 5, 2004, 09:00 PM
This should make for an interesting case to study in law school. I'm sure the students/profs will be able to ... attack it from several angles. After all, with so much at stake here, we would not want to just give the issue lip service. It really should be brought out into the open and the significance, exposed to the light of day.

MrMacMan
Mar 6, 2004, 12:02 AM
Was there really a victim though? I suspect this fellow was a willing party. It's what he gets for being careless. I tend to believe the woman for a number of reasons. First, the very fact that she brought it up. I doubt someone would come up with an embarrassing story that will be openly discussed amongst many people. Loss of privacy, you think?. Also, it's very plausible. As our good paul whannel has said, this is actually not that unusual, and such actions are certainly not conducive to safe transportation. And last, that the prosecution would be so lame as to suggest this guy is going to try to urinate out the window or moon someone. I very much doubt it. Oh, he must have been sick. Yeah, I pull my pants down all the time when I'm sick. I'm guessing that with a woman in the car, he would be even less likely to have his pants down for these reasons than for another.

But isn't she still negligent even if she was giving him one?

I mean she is quite responsible for his loss of control of the car as much as he was...

IMHO.

Mar 6, 2004, 02:36 AM
agreenster: i'm just playing, i thought it was hilarious :D

But isn't she still negligent even if she was giving him one?

I mean she is quite responsible for his loss of control of the car as much as he was...

Not quite, because to be negligent, she would have to have had some responsibility for maintaining control of the vehicle-- but that's the driver's responsibility. But, there are probably laws on the books about distracting drivers, i think previous cases have actually been tried for involuntary manslaughter. I also seem to recall that several states have laws on the books about road head, or consider it part of public indecency/sex, but that wouldn't be a hefty sentence-- a misdemeanor, small fine. it'll be interesting to see if they try her for inv. manslaughter... the prosecution would have to assert that she knew she was directly risking his life, and she acted in reckless disregard for human life. i don't know if there's a jury that would convict for that one... or if the DA cares that much about this case.

paul

kylos
Mar 6, 2004, 03:55 PM
MrMacman, it's obviously a distraction the driver didn't have a problem with. I think it's a poor excuse to try someone for manslaughter when the person killed should have taken responsibility for their own life and stopped the action. Yeah, she was distracting, but he very likely didn't mind the distraction.

yuc7zhd2
Mar 8, 2004, 04:09 PM
actually, I was agreeing with Paul and adding a little. You just misread. Sorry.

deputy_doofy
Mar 8, 2004, 09:28 PM
Doofy runs his hand along the BJ woman's head and says, very quietly, "Thinner."

3rdpath
Mar 8, 2004, 11:43 PM
Imagine the jokes if he had been driving an Hummer.

i believe the mercedes has more headroom....

;)

Rower_CPU
Mar 9, 2004, 12:13 AM
i believe the mercedes has more headroom....

;)

That one calls for a rimshot. :eek: ;)

Counterfit
Mar 9, 2004, 12:39 AM
A rim-something at least ;)

MongoTheGeek
Mar 9, 2004, 06:55 AM
A rim-something at least ;)

I can't even begin to imagine the logistics of that one.