PDA

View Full Version : Getting access error on sharing profile with Windows 7

hoops10
Jan 14, 2009, 11:18 AM
I am currently using Parallels 4 with Windows 7. I install it fine and then install Parallels Tools fine. I still keep getting the error that says "Cannot access //.psf/Home/Desktop" I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling Parallel Tools but with no luck. I also have a virtual machine with WinXP installed on it and I do not have this problem. Please help. Thanks.

chainprayer
Jan 14, 2009, 11:19 AM
is it compatible with win7 yet?

hoops10
Jan 14, 2009, 12:49 PM
Yes, Parallels 4 is the newest build and it says that it does support Windows 7.

hoops10
Jan 14, 2009, 05:55 PM
Any ideas on how to get Profile Sharing to work?

apetrovic
Jan 16, 2009, 12:37 AM
I had the same problem and found once I installed the Parallels tools that the message did not show up anymore. If you go to the Parallels menu Virtual Machine...at the bottom you will find install Parallels Tools.

I stumbled upon your post because I was doing a search to see if there was a way to make sure that this error is fixed and only appeared when the coherence mode was not activated.

Hope this helps.

hoops10
Jan 16, 2009, 07:55 AM
apetrovic, thanks for the reply. If you look at my original post, I said that I did install Parallel Tools multiple times. Installed, uninstalled and reinstalled about 4 times with no luck. Any other suggestions?