Getting access error on sharing profile with Windows 7

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by hoops10, Jan 14, 2009.

1. hoops10
    Expand Collapse
    macrumors newbie

I am currently using Parallels 4 with Windows 7. I install it fine and then install Parallels Tools fine. I still keep getting the error that says "Cannot access //.psf/Home/Desktop" I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling Parallel Tools but with no luck. I also have a virtual machine with WinXP installed on it and I do not have this problem. Please help. Thanks.

2. chainprayer
    Expand Collapse
    macrumors 6502a

3. hoops10
    Expand Collapse
    thread starter macrumors newbie

Yes, Parallels 4 is the newest build and it says that it does support Windows 7.

4. hoops10
    Expand Collapse

Any ideas on how to get Profile Sharing to work?

5. apetrovic
    Expand Collapse
    macrumors newbie

I had the same problem and found once I installed the Parallels tools that the message did not show up anymore. If you go to the Parallels menu Virtual Machine...at the bottom you will find install Parallels Tools.

I stumbled upon your post because I was doing a search to see if there was a way to make sure that this error is fixed and only appeared when the coherence mode was not activated.

Hope this helps.

6. hoops10
    Expand Collapse

apetrovic, thanks for the reply. If you look at my original post, I said that I did install Parallel Tools multiple times. Installed, uninstalled and reinstalled about 4 times with no luck. Any other suggestions?