Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Dmac77

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jan 2, 2008
Michigan
I just tried to get on the US store, and I get the "we'll be back shortly message". Any ideas? Is this just me?

Don

Dmac77

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jan 2, 2008
Michigan
Dammit all! Why did I have to check the damn store? Now I can't go to sleep until I know what's up!:( I'm obsessed.

Don

minijon

macrumors member
Feb 20, 2008
St. Louis, MO
Down for me in the US as well. I was just looking for the link to the refurb's to send to a friend... and now I get to wait until I see what it is. Even though it's probably just iLife. (Not that I'm not excited, I just hope it's something else too.)

lostfan916

macrumors 6502a
Dec 23, 2007
NorCal
Dammit! Now I wont be able to sleep. Probably just updating some things here and there (maintenance stuff) I know they've done that before at this time. Not gonna excited but I will stay up. :D

UltraNEO*

macrumors 601
Jun 16, 2007
近畿日本
WOW!!! What's happening? New goodies?? or just a new layout?

Attachments

• Picture 1.png
    Picture 1.png
    154.7 KB · Views: 62

windstarfy

macrumors member
Dec 16, 2008
Well, if it is a 15" Macbook Pro speed bump or something along those lines I'll lose it. Just ordered mine 2 days ago :(

Dmac77

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jan 2, 2008
Michigan
Well, if it is a 15" Macbook Pro speed bump or something along those lines I'll lose it. Just ordered mine 2 days ago :(

That's highly doubtful. I'm going to say it's either iLife '09, New Layout (like UltraNEO* suggested), or Mac Mini.

Don

Dmac77

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jan 2, 2008
Michigan
OK, I want to play too! :D I'm going to guess it is early Sunday morning site maintenance and nothing new will be introduced! ;)

I've never seen site maintenance bring the entire store down. Some pages sure, but never the whole store. Apple only brings the whole store down when new products are going up.

Don

macnerd77

macrumors 6502
Jan 9, 2007
Northern California / Bay Area
I saw a new add on the site for ilife 09 for 9.95 if you have recently purchased a mac. I think that they are going to start shipping ilife. I think they waited to bring out new macs until the new ilife was shipping so hopefully we will see some hot new products.

sickmacdoc

macrumors 68020
Jun 14, 2008
New Hampshire
I've never seen site maintenance bring the entire store down. Some pages sure, but never the whole store. Apple only brings the whole store down when new products are going up.

Don

Well guess we will see-- it happens on Best Buy's site every Sunday morning but I agree this is odd for Apple!

EDIT: BTW- there are at least three other threads about this already in other categories-- we need a pool to guess how many total threads this will spawn!:D

Dmac77

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jan 2, 2008
Michigan
Well guess we will see-- it happens on Best Buy's site every Sunday morning but I agree this is odd for Apple!

Yeah, I know BestBuy does it every Sunday morning. It's just out of place for Apple to do it. Something is getting introduced. either that or their servers crashed.

Don

siurpeeman

macrumors 603
Dec 2, 2006
the OC
apple does this every now and then (seems to happen a lot on sundays), and it's usually system maintenance. while it could be ilife 09, i doubt it. and you can forget about any quiet computer updates. it's never happened, and i doubt it ever will. go to bed.

Dmac77

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jan 2, 2008
Michigan
"We'll be back" page is different this time.

Thailand, Malaysia is cut out from the country list :D

You're right. That's very odd. I wonder if the those stores are up?

EDIT: Thai and Malay stores are also down.

EDIT 2.0: Forget this I'm falling asleep at my desk. I'll see what comes of this at 2:00 Pm when I wake up:D

Don

MacManiac777

macrumors member
Apr 22, 2008
New Zealand
The New Zealand Front page keeps changing every couple of minutes too.

The images I've seen so far are, iTunes Plus announcement, MacBook Pro 17" announcement and iLife/iWork 09 announcement, I haven't seen the iLife iWork 09 announcement before...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.