PDA

View Full Version : ADC Student Developer Questions

stovetop6872
Jan 18, 2009, 09:32 PM
I am going to purchase the ADC Student Developer Kit soon, but wanted to ask a Question....I know that you have to be a student, but do you have to take computer courses? I just want to make sure before they ask for my schedule and it had to have computer courses on it. Thanks.

geerlingguy
Jan 18, 2009, 09:34 PM
I am going to purchase the ADC Student Developer Kit soon, but wanted to ask a Question....I know that you have to be a student, but do you have to take computer courses? I just want to make sure before they ask for my schedule and it had to have computer courses on it. Thanks.

No, you don't. Good luck!

stovetop6872
Jan 18, 2009, 09:37 PM
No, you don't. Good luck!

Great!! Do you or anyone else have experience with this procedure? How about a step-by-step? Thanks!

kastenbrust
Jan 18, 2009, 09:40 PM
Great!! Do you or anyone else have experience with this procedure? How about a step-by-step? Thanks!

Takes about 2 ->3 weeks for it to be completed, all the stuff to come through etc.
Gives you a nice discount of 20%, but ONLY ONCE, and its only worth it if your spending more than $2000.

Get a cool XL T-Shirt though.
Well... Not so cool, but showoffish :)

jaw04005
Jan 18, 2009, 09:47 PM

1. Purchase the student ADC membership from the Apple ADC Store.
2. You'll get an e-mail that tells you that you need to verify your student status.
3. You scan your I.D. and schedule and e-mail or fax it back to Apple.
4. Your membership becomes active (takes a few days usually, unless you call ADC relations --- then they will do it right on the spot).
5. You'll get an ADC welcome kit in the mail with a t-shirt, documentation and the current version of Mac OS X (unless they changed it to download only now).
6. You'll also get a "Hardware discount asset" placed in your ADC account that's good for one-time only. The discount varies on different products. You should also keep in mind that you can purchase software from the ADC store at a discount (Aperture is significantly cheaper) as long as you have the hardware discount asset. Once that's gone, you can no longer purchase anything else from the store (or a least that's what they told me).

I haven't been a member since 2003, so some things have likely changed.

kastenbrust
Jan 18, 2009, 09:48 PM
1. Purchase the student ADC membership from the Apple ADC Store.
2. You'll get an e-mail that tells you that you need to verify your student status.
3. You scan your I.D. and schedule and e-mail or fax it back to Apple.
4. Your membership becomes active (takes a few days usually, unless you call ADC relations --- then they will do it right on the spot).
5. You'll get an ADC welcome kit in the mail with a t-shirt, documentation and the current version of Mac OS X (unless they changed it to download only now).
6. You'll also get a "Hardware discount asset" placed in your ADC account that's good for one-time only. The discount varies on different products. You should also keep in mind that you can purchase software from the ADC store at a discount (Aperture is significantly cheaper) as long as you have the hardware discount asset. Once that's gone, you can no longer purchase anything else from the store (or a least that's what they told me).

I haven't been a member since 2003, so some things have likely changed.

You cant purchase software anymore.