Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

yoda13

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 26, 2003
Texas
Hey, the officially supported Max amount of Ram on my computer is 640 MB, which I have.....I want to put a stick of 1GB RAM in, is there any reason why this would permanently harm my computer? Your answers are appreciated in advance.

jxyama

macrumors 68040
Apr 3, 2003
it's fine. but 1 GB stick is expensive...

there's been many threads on this too...

yoda13

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 26, 2003
Texas
I appreciate it. Yeah, I know its expensive, but a friend of mine is selling his computer and he has offered me a good deal on a stick of his RAM, so I was just wondering if it was OK for the computer to have it in there.

jxyama

macrumors 68040
Apr 3, 2003
yoda13 said:
I appreciate it. Yeah, I know its expensive, but a friend of mine is selling his computer and he has offered me a good deal on a stick of his RAM, so I was just wondering if it was OK for the computer to have it in there.

sweet!! :cool:

yoda13

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 26, 2003
Texas
Just realized that I need to update my signature. oh well. Just wanted to say that the stick works well in my computer. i am very happy, thanks for the help!!!

jbrown

macrumors 6502a
Jul 7, 2002
London
Hi Yoda,

You posted a reply to a query I had regarding using AOL with Panther over an Airport Extreme network. In Jaguar it worked fine, but in Panther, I can sign on, and send and recieve emails, but CAN NOT load web pages - even if I use another browser ( Safari / IE ).

You said that You had full functionality using Aol over an Airport connection. Is this still the case?? And if so, perhaps you can tell me how you set it up??

Thanks

Justin

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.