Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

stanny

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 30, 2008
As title, can I return it and pay a little more to get a new one or something? I ain't in the US, I'll be buying this in Thailand at one of their resellers. Some sort of up-to-date program perhaps?

Blakely028

macrumors regular
Apr 29, 2008
Scotland
If you get the Mini within 14 days and don't open it before the new one is released, I think you get a discount. Don't quote me on that :D

pjashley1

macrumors member
Dec 29, 2007
No "up to date" thing. If you don't open it, you can return it within 14 days. If you do open it, you can return it within 14 days, paying 10% of the purchase price.

Discretion of the store- they just swapped mine even though it was opened.

stanny

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 30, 2008
No "up to date" thing. If you don't open it, you can return it within 14 days. If you do open it, you can return it within 14 days, paying 10% of the purchase price.

Don't think that's how it works here. Southeast Asian countries rarely have a proper return policy in place. I'll check with the store.

synagence

macrumors 6502a
Jul 23, 2008
But then what exactly would be the point in buying a computer, leaving it in the box for 2 weeks to see if a new version comes out ..... just wait :)

SnowLeopard2008

macrumors 604
Jul 4, 2008
Silicon Valley
I wouldn't count on updates... From my pov, I see no reason for Apple to update the Mini to cutting edge technology. Why? Sure it's a cheap Mac for first timers, but they make less money and people will have a lesser experience when hunting around for keyboards, mice, and displays. If they already have it, great, but not everyone does. And to put all that effort into a little box...

MRU

macrumors Penryn
Aug 23, 2005
a better place
If I purchase a Mini now and they announce refresh, do I qualify for anything?

Yes.......

A sense of regret.........

Brought to you by the "people who believe they owe you a living foundation."
:rolleyes:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.