PDA

View Full Version : Brand new iPod Nano refuses to charge...

N3FF 3000
Jan 28, 2009, 06:49 PM
I bought my sister an iPod Nano 2 weeks ago and it basically just charges whenever it feels like it. I'll have it plugged into a charger and nothing will happen, then randomly it will turn on with very little battery life and then just die again. I've tried about 5 different chargers and I think the iPod is defective, what would be my best option if that were the case?

Fonzijr1964
Jan 28, 2009, 07:47 PM
I bought my sister an iPod Nano 2 weeks ago and it basically just charges whenever it feels like it. I'll have it plugged into a charger and nothing will happen, then randomly it will turn on with very little battery life and then just die again. I've tried about 5 different chargers and I think the iPod is defective, what would be my best option if that were the case?

take it back

Mr_Brightside_@
Jan 28, 2009, 09:37 PM
There is an off off off chance you're using FireWire only, which it doesn't charge over.

dvdhsu
Jan 28, 2009, 09:39 PM
There is an off off off chance you're using FireWire only, which it doesn't charge over.

Yeah.
The new iPod Nanos don't charge with FireWire Interfaces.
Does it happen with your USB charger?

N3FF 3000
Jan 29, 2009, 03:45 PM
Yeh I'm using USB

Fonzijr1964
Jan 29, 2009, 04:01 PM

y is this anyway

fohawk17
Jan 29, 2009, 04:17 PM
im guessing the reason it doesnt charge over firewire is 1) it is not used as much anymore in the big picture and 2) usb 3.0 is out

H$R
Jan 29, 2009, 04:22 PM
y is this anyway

not sure, but I guess because Apple just want it that way. It's prohibited in the firware.

My old iPod G3, charges with its Firwire wall charger, but refuses with the USB wall charger. But when I connect it with my Mac/PC it charges with Firewire and USB (I have to cables).

But then again the newer iPods refuse to beeing chared over Firewire with a Mac/PC. But the Firewire wall charger still do charge them (at least up to the Nano G3 and Video iPod G5. I think the iPhone and the newer iPods aren't supporting that way either.)

im guessing the reason it doesnt charge over firewire is 1) it is not used as much anymore in the big picture and 2) usb 3.0 is out

The point I don't get, why don't they just let it as an option. My Firewire wall charger is still in good condition, but I can't use it anymore with the newer products because the firmware (and not the hardware!) restricts it.

bobfitz14
Jan 29, 2009, 04:24 PM
if the iPod refuses to charge threaten it or yell at it until it gives in.

H$R
Jan 29, 2009, 04:28 PM
if the iPod refuses to charge threaten it or yell at it until it gives in.

That won't help. But if you yell at it "I will throw you away and replace you with a Zune!!1!!1"

That will help for sure!:D:D

bobfitz14
Jan 29, 2009, 05:23 PM
That won't help. But if you yell at it "I will throw you away and replace you with a Zune!!1!!1"

That will help for sure!:D:D

hahaha! clever i wish i thought of that.