PDA

View Full Version : Better from apple or off craigslist?

Ryuukumori
Feb 1, 2009, 11:04 PM
I have a couple options. I really don't need a computer now (June or July), but when the time comes, should I buy new from apple with a free iPod and printer in June or do craigslist? If I do craigslst though, is it cheaper? Any better insight? I hope this will be in time for a refresh.

VPrime
Feb 2, 2009, 02:02 AM
uhh craigslist is a private classifieds ad.. How do the 2 even compare?

Apple: Fixed price

Craigs list:
Private ads
Probably used
Lots of scams to go through until you find a real one
unknown product history
Prices vary depending on computer and person selling
luck of the draw.

It is pretty much impossible to compare the 2... If you go with apple you are getting a product 100% legit, 100% covered warranty... Though there is the chance that a cheap macbook comes up on craigslist, but who knows?:rolleyes:

HazRutter
Feb 2, 2009, 02:58 AM
In june / july, do you always get a free printer / iPod?

amitdoc2b
Feb 2, 2009, 03:11 AM
if buying brand new, go with apple..

if buying used, its okay online but find someone legit..

I have a couple options. I really don't need a computer now (June or July), but when the time comes, should I buy new from apple with a free iPod and printer in June or do craigslist? If I do craigslst though, is it cheaper? Any better insight? I hope this will be in time for a refresh.

UltraNEO*
Feb 2, 2009, 04:10 AM

Buying a New machine from Apple would be much better because for one, if your machine suddenly dies or develop a fault within 14days of purchase, you can get a swap out without loads of hassles.

Also, if your a student with one of the many universities, or a qualifiying college; you might be entitled to a student discount (upto 15% off - depends on your location)... the discount would also apply to an AppleCare purchase too! No such discount with Private sellers, though.

imblownaway
Feb 2, 2009, 04:25 AM
ive bought new & used. Only trust the used if it's from a good friend. ( never mind this link i'm leaving, it's just a test to see if google will find it when it crawls this site.) http://prettymansllc.com