PDA

View Full Version : HP and Starbucks competing against iTunes Music Store

junior
Mar 17, 2004, 12:48 AM
Link (http://news.independent.co.uk/world/americas/story.jsp?story=501946)

They can then compile their own CD, with or without the help of the instore music experts, and have it burned to take home. The service costs $6.99 for the first five songs and an extra dollar for every track after that.

But that's a dollar more expensive than ITMS. Hmm... Wonder if this will work? How about for those people with mp3 players?

coopdog
Mar 17, 2004, 12:52 AM
Blar there are so many now. :rolleyes:

junior
Mar 17, 2004, 01:04 AM
Blar there are so many now. :rolleyes:

But it's interesting to see that HP, who supports iTMS, is behind this one.

caveman_uk
Mar 17, 2004, 03:04 AM
Could it be that iTMS is supplying the songs? Why would HP rip a load of albums when it already has a deal with Apple?

howard
Mar 17, 2004, 07:45 AM
hp is probably just supplying th computers..in which case they probably don't care how starbucks is getting the songs... if it was through itunes then that would kick butt. however, i can't see this working very well... when i want coffee, i just want coffee, not people standing around trying to pick out what songs they want...besides they can just do that at home.. doesn't seem like it will work well

stoid
Mar 17, 2004, 10:52 AM
Or you could take your own 20 cent CD-R to Starbucks, download 99 cent songs from iTMS, burn them, and then leave. :rolleyes:

NP3
Mar 17, 2004, 11:45 AM
hp is probably just supplying th computers..in which case they probably don't care how starbucks is getting the songs... if it was through itunes then that would kick butt. however, i can't see this working very well... when i want coffee, i just want coffee, not people standing around trying to pick out what songs they want...besides they can just do that at home.. doesn't seem like it will work well

Ya, i agree....i wouldn't want even longer lines... i mean, usually when i get starbucks is because i'm running late & am super tired...not exactly in the mood to buy music.

flyfish29
Mar 17, 2004, 01:00 PM

Yeah, but sony who makes my superdrive I think competes directly with Apple. so do many other manufactures like M$, etc. NOt uncommon to be in a partnership and also compete with the same company.

MacFan26
Mar 17, 2004, 01:12 PM
when i want coffee, i just want coffee, not people standing around trying to pick out what songs they want...besides they can just do that at home.. doesn't seem like it will work well

It seems that coffee shops aren't just coffee shops anymore. They all have to be multipurpose technology advanced areas where instead of going to read a book, people bring their laptops. The only place you can walk in and get a cheap cup of coffee are gas stations, and what with the increase in gas prices, the money you may save on coffee goes right into your gas tank. (I know, that's another story).