PDA

View Full Version : will iskin prevent 2.4 macbook keyboard light form illuminating?

gixxerredliner
Feb 5, 2009, 03:54 PM
http://www.iskin.com/product_kbrd_air.html

Will this prevent my 2.4 Alu macbook keyboard light from showing? i searched the site but couldnt find the answer thanks.

HLdan
Feb 5, 2009, 04:23 PM
I have the new iSkin, I bought it at Macworld and yes, you will lose the keyboard illumination. You will see the light emitting from underneath but the printed keys won't pass light through. I bought the one with the printed keys on it rather than just the cover. It's much better. I wouldn't worry so much about the backlit keys, just use it when you think your keyboard may have a chance at getting spilled upon.

gixxerredliner
Feb 5, 2009, 04:27 PM
I have the new iSkin, I bought it at Macworld and yes, you will lose the keyboard illumination. You will see the light emitting from underneath but the printed keys won't pass light through. I bought the one with the printed keys on it rather than just the cover. It's much better. I wouldn't worry so much about the backlit keys, just use it when you think your keyboard may have a chance at getting spilled upon.

I see the one you were referring to on there site thats the one im going to purchase thanks.

damnyooneek
Feb 5, 2009, 04:36 PM
i have the clear one and that one works very well

uicandrew
Feb 5, 2009, 04:51 PM
the moshi clearguard (there are some threads on it, search for it) is very clear and is supposed to be much thinner than the silicon iskin coverings

gixxerredliner
Feb 5, 2009, 04:53 PM
I think if i cant see the illumination using a protective skin i might as well go with a 2.0 Base Alu ;) nothing wrong with that i cant wait to get my macbook :)

uicandrew
Feb 5, 2009, 09:20 PM
i should have been more clear. the moshi clearguard for the keyboard will not hinder the illumination of the keyboard at all. you will still see the keys very easily.

Primejimbo
Feb 5, 2009, 09:23 PM
I think if i cant see the illumination using a protective skin i might as well go with a 2.0 Base Alu ;) nothing wrong with that i cant wait to get my macbook :)

I have the clear one and the light from the keyboard shines right through w/o a problem. I can't even tell I have the keyboard cover on when the light is on.

wiley17
Feb 5, 2009, 09:27 PM
I have the clear one and the light from the keyboard shines right through w/o a problem.

ditto

Macintosh Sauce
Feb 7, 2009, 11:24 AM
Get the clear one from ZCover. I have it and I can see the lights clearly when they are on.