Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

brikro

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 23, 2009
hello any have this memories? works stable?
please i need information about this ! thanks

Patriks7

macrumors 65816
Oct 26, 2008
Vienna
First off, don't really expect an answer on a weekend cause people are busy doing something else :p
Second, next time try providing a link, because after I Googled that RAM, I found nothing.
Third, I would either go with OWC or Crucial.
Take a look at the following:
http://eshop.macsales.com/item/Other World Computing/8566DDR3S4GP/
and
http://www.crucial.com/store/mpartspecs.aspx?mtbpoid=2E9B2B4EA5CA7304
Maybe if you could provide more info on that Kingston, I would be able to help you about that.

Mikey B

macrumors 65816
Jan 4, 2008
the island
If I don't buy RAM from here and install it myself, I'm going to a local Apple reseller that will install the OEM that Apple uses for $150, a pretty darn good deal in my book. But, $75 from OWC is a great price so it's going to come down to whether or not I feel like taking the bottom case off of my MB or not.

Macintosh Sauce

macrumors 6502
Nov 25, 2006
USA
Get the RAM from OWC. I purchased their RAM for my aluminum MacBook and it is working perfectly. It took me about 15 minutes to install the new 4 GB RAM and I purchased a Newer Technology toolset from them to do it. They also have a video on how to install RAM in the new MacBooks. OWC's customer service is top notch too.

brikro

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 23, 2009
the OWZ anD CRUCIAL dont work , becouse they bring they instability

brikro

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 23, 2009
no for macbook ALU , ddr3 memoris sodimm
any have a kvr memoris with macbook alu?

bozz2006

macrumors 68030
Aug 24, 2007
Minnesota
the reports of unstable RAM were not limited to OWC and Crucial, you just heard about those two brands the most since they are by far the two biggest 3rd party providers of RAM for macs.

the firmware update a while (couple months?) ago took care of the issues with 3rd party RAM upgrades in the macbooks and macbook pros.

brikro

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 23, 2009
i live in argentina! i can buy the kvr kingstone or supertalent, understand?

bozz2006

macrumors 68030
Aug 24, 2007
Minnesota
yes i understand! but you implied that you didn't want to buy crucial or OWC because of the kernel panic problems soon after release, so i addressed the issue that you brought up. understand?

samkhazary

macrumors newbie
Feb 5, 2008
I purchased Kingston ram for my uni-MB. Works great. Stable. No complaints. I feel Kingston's quality is better than Crucial's personally, having used them before.

kelv1ntran

macrumors member
Jan 28, 2009
Get the RAM from OWC. I purchased their RAM for my aluminum MacBook and it is working perfectly. It took me about 15 minutes to install the new 4 GB RAM and I purchased a Newer Technology toolset from them to do it. They also have a video on how to install RAM in the new MacBooks. OWC's customer service is top notch too.

same here i got the4gb from owc and its been working great

KnightWRX

macrumors Pentium
Jan 28, 2009
Quebec, Canada
the reports of unstable RAM were not limited to OWC and Crucial, you just heard about those two brands the most since they are by far the two biggest 3rd party providers of RAM for macs.

the firmware update a while (couple months?) ago took care of the issues with 3rd party RAM upgrades in the macbooks and macbook pros.

That's not 100% true. I just RMA'd 4 GB of Crucial DDR3 because of Kernel Panics and I have the firmware update installed. I will see if the next set works better.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.