PDA

View Full Version : Chris Brown Arrested for Domestic Violence

kymac
Feb 8, 2009, 10:26 PM
Sources claim He and his girlfriend Rihanna entered a dispute early this morning. Both later withdrew from performing and attending at tonights Grammy awards.
http://www.tmz.com/2009/02/08/chris-brown-booked/
http://www.tmz.com/2009/02/08/chris-brown-turns-self-into-cops/
http://www.tmz.com/2009/02/08/chris-brown-being-investigating-for-assault/

im sure ill get some crap for posting this.. because im pretty sure no one here cares.. but whatev

DiamondMac
Feb 8, 2009, 10:28 PM
What? A musician arrested for beating his wife? You don't say? :eek: :rolleyes:

Trip.Tucker
Feb 8, 2009, 10:46 PM
I assume this was posted because he owns a Mac?

kymac
Feb 8, 2009, 11:44 PM
I assume this was posted because he owns a Mac?

uh no.. its in the current events section.. because its a current event..

comictimes
Feb 9, 2009, 12:02 AM
Oh man the Grammy's were tonight? I think I've missed them every year for the past 5 or 6 years. Pretty depressing.

I haven't missed the Oscars yet though have I? I actually manage to catch those sometimes...

bassproguy07
Feb 9, 2009, 12:14 AM
rhianna is smoking hot, she deserves better than a wife beater

Counterfit
Feb 9, 2009, 03:47 AM
What? A musician arrested for beating his wife? You don't say? :eek: :rolleyes:

Hey, don't lump us all in!

yg17
Feb 9, 2009, 06:45 AM
Oh man the Grammy's were tonight? I think I've missed them every year for the past 5 or 6 years. Pretty depressing.

I haven't missed the Oscars yet though have I? I actually manage to catch those sometimes...

The Grammys are a joke. The fact that a song with these lyrics:
But man I ain't never seen an ass like hers
That ***** in my mouth had me lost for words
Told her to back it up like berp berp
And make that ass jump like jerp jerp
could be nominated for anything, especially when you consider all of the music out there with actual lyrics that have some thought and meaning put into them that will never be nominated for anything, is just pathetic and depressing and perhaps a sign of how bad the music industry has become.

Dustman
Feb 9, 2009, 07:11 AM

could be nominated for anything, especially when you consider all of the music out there with actual lyrics that have some thought and meaning put into them that will never be nominated for anything, is just pathetic and depressing and perhaps a sign of how bad the music industry has become.

Its actually "I told her back it up like, Erp Erp" you know.. like the sound a truck makes when backing up?

Rap/Hip Hop does have a lot of meaning behind it. A lot of people who are incapable of reading between the lines just look at the image of the whole genre and say its evil. It's all just a fun way of expressing deeper emotions. So what if the grammar isnt correct. You going to correct shakespeare?

bigandy
Feb 9, 2009, 07:21 AM

Maybe he mistook her for a threatening imposter when he saw something reflecting off her massive forehead.

drlunanerd
Feb 9, 2009, 07:23 AM
Its actually "I told her back it up like, Erp Erp" you know.. like the sound a truck makes when backing up?

Rap/Hip Hop does have a lot of meaning behind it.

Yeah, it's about oral sex. Whole lotta meaning behind that one :rolleyes:
This translation (http://www.slangcity.com/songs/lollipop.htm) of the lyrics is hilarious though.

In any case this isn't setting a precedent. Nine Inch Nails won a Grammy in 1993 for Wish which features a very rude phrase along the same lines :eek: :D

yg17
Feb 9, 2009, 08:03 AM

Rap/Hip Hop does have a lot of meaning behind it. A lot of people who are incapable of reading between the lines just look at the image of the whole genre and say its evil. It's all just a fun way of expressing deeper emotions. So what if the grammar isnt correct. You going to correct shakespeare?

Oh, my bad, "Erp, Erp" makes the song so much more insightful than "Berp, Berp" :rolleyes:

The grammar in Shakespeare was accurate for his time, and regardless, if Shakespeare was writing entire plays about getting BJs, busting caps in cops asses, his bitches and hos, Escalades with chrome spinners and all the drugs he's done, then I would have no respect for him just like I have no respect for these rappers.

liquidtrend
Feb 9, 2009, 08:06 AM

haha she deserved better than chris brown...

...she can stand under MY umbrella...ella...ella..ehy..ehy..

Abstract
Feb 9, 2009, 08:39 AM
Well apparently rap's popularity is waning except for a few notable exceptions, and nobody can figure out why rap album sales are so badly hit. I guess it could be the poor quality, or perhaps some of the lyrics make no sense!!

Anyway.....I've been listening to The Clipse's new album for awhile, and if you actually do listen to the lyrics, they're usually a bit more clever.

katie ta achoo
Feb 9, 2009, 08:59 AM

Everyone--regardless of gender, race, physical attractiveness, class, etc--deserve better than spousal abuse.

I'm tired of reading and hearing of value placed on women just because she's "smoking hot."

edesignuk
Feb 9, 2009, 09:01 AM
Everyone--regardless of gender, race, physical attractiveness, class, etc--deserve better than spousal abuse.

I'm tired of reading and hearing of value placed on women just because she's "smoking hot."Think you're jumping the gun a bit pouncing on the she's hot comment. I really don't imagine that bassproguy07 meant if you're ugly you've got it coming.

skunk
Feb 9, 2009, 09:03 AM
Think you're jumping the gun a bit pouncing on the she's hot comment. I really don't imagine that bassproguy07 meant if you're ugly you've got it coming.I have to agree with KT, the impression given was that her physical smokingness increases her worth as a human being.

edesignuk
Feb 9, 2009, 09:05 AM
I have to agree with KT, the impression given was that her physical smokingness increases her worth as a human being.Still, it's a flippant comment relating to a specific case of reported abuse.

iBlue
Feb 9, 2009, 09:13 AM
Still, it's a flippant comment relating to a specific case of reported abuse.

Flippant comments are sometimes rooted in hard truth. Unfortunately women are often "valued" like that and it is BS when you get right down to it. How hot she is bears no relevance to deserving not to be abused.

But I do of course know what you mean. Just playing devil's advocate or something.

edesignuk
Feb 9, 2009, 09:17 AM
All right then, I'll just shut up defending comments I didn't even make in the first place :p

If he did hit her, that sucks, regardless of hawtness.

Chris Brown always did seem like a tit though.

Counterfit
Feb 9, 2009, 12:33 PM

So why is none of that rap popular or nominated for Grammies?

yg17
Feb 9, 2009, 12:47 PM
So why is none of that rap popular or nominated for Grammies?

Because "I aint never seen an ass like that, that p***y in my mouth had me lost for words" sells more than something more insightful. :rolleyes: Says a lot about our society, doesn't it?

kymac
Feb 9, 2009, 02:26 PM
uhhh.. people do realize that there are more than one category right? rap music doesn't win them all!

bartelby
Feb 9, 2009, 02:28 PM
Who are these people?
:confused:

aaquib
Feb 9, 2009, 02:50 PM
Who are these people?
:confused:

Rappers, and singers. The word is that she gave him Herpes and in an argument regarding that, he attacked her.

Call me crazy, but it serves her right.

bartelby
Feb 9, 2009, 02:51 PM
Rappers, and singers. The word is that she gave him Herpes and in an argument regarding that, he attacked her.

Yeah. I'll call you crazy...

RedTomato
Feb 9, 2009, 05:05 PM
Told her to back it up like erp erp
And make that ass jump like jerp jerp

That made me giggle. Yup it's not PC but it still makes me giggle :o

Oh, my bad, "Erp, Erp" makes the song so much more insightful than "Berp, Berp" :rolleyes:

The grammar in Shakespeare was accurate for his time, and regardless, if Shakespeare was writing entire plays about getting BJs, busting caps in cops asses, his bitches and hos, Escalades with chrome spinners and all the drugs he's done, then I would have no respect for him just like I have no respect for these rappers.

I studied Shakespeare, and yup, Shakes (died AD 1616) did write about hos, stabbing each other, wife beating, flash gear, sleeping around, getting high (at least one entire play about this), fighting over women, ratting out each other, namby boys, etc.

Chaucer (died 1400AD) wrote about french-kissing arseholes in 'The Millers Tale'. BTW this is a standard text for 16 year old schoolkids to study in UK schools.

Apuleius wrote 'The Golden Ass' in about AD200 - the only surviving novel in Latin from Roman times. It's about a bloke who turns into a donkey and has sex with various women, in rather explict detail.

Compared to that, 'Back it up like Erp! Erp!' is in good company.

This (http://www.slangcity.com/songs/lollipop.htm) translation of the lyrics is hilarious though.

That did actually help me to understand the song. I have translations of Chaucer and Shakespeare just like that, and no doubt, some of Shakes' own countrymen were just as baffled. Some of his grammar was highly unorthodox for his time - he invented phrases like 'in the mind's eye' which we easily understand now, but might not have been so clear to his audience.

And when I'm at the bottom
She Hillary Rodham
Middle of the bed

I'm not American and without a glossary that's just as baffling to me as one of Shakes' more obscure crappy lines (yes he wrote a lot of tedious rubbish too).

william sire
Feb 9, 2009, 05:39 PM

Told her to back it up like erp erp
And make that ass jump like jerp jerpcould be nominated for anything, especially when you consider all of the music out there with actual lyrics that have some thought and meaning put into them that will never be nominated for anything, is just pathetic and depressing and perhaps a sign of how bad the music industry has become.
The Grammy's is just a mega event to advertise those songs. Unlike when artist had to sell to consumers, everybody who puts a song on the market gets and award of some kind for it in todays market.

kymac
Feb 9, 2009, 05:46 PM
The Grammy's is just a mega event to advertise those songs. Unlike when artist had to sell to consumers, everybody who puts a song on the market gets and award of some kind for it in todays market.

this is a completely ridiculous statement. why are there so many haters.. i dont get it.. i know this is cliche.. but go away if we have nothing that interests you here.

william sire
Feb 9, 2009, 06:15 PM
What makes this ridiculous? There is an award ceremony of some kind on every time you turn on the television. MTV Video Music awards, there is something on VH1, The Grammy's, Detroit Music Awards , Billboard Music Awards, American Music Awards.

In the reflection of that evidence that hardly leaves my comment under the spectrum of "ridiculous". I can remember when I was a kid there was one. One that was given any type of publicity anyway, that was the Grammy's. If there was any more it just never made national media coverage. Everyone knew if you won a grammy the artist got a big bump in sales on their albums. Now there are so many award shows and everybody just about boast to having some kind of award.

The Media has grown and the market has changed. Maybe ten years ago I knew a rap group from Boston Mass (don't remember their names but they sucked anyway) they were traveling the world doing interview after interview over some lousy album that was in every strawberries store.(Direct Market) I doubt they could speak well enough to order coffee ant a Dunkin Dounuts. The industry carried them until that years Grammys or MTV Music awards (I forget which but that isn't the point) They were nominated for an award, probably new artist or most original. So they got their names mentioned on the big award show. No one cared, poof, they were gone.

They knew they were riding the direct market industry and never had to sell one copy of their album to a consumer. They just thought the ride would last longer. It is ridiculous, but my statement wasn't. I knew what I was talking about.

Keebler
Feb 9, 2009, 06:38 PM
I think the sad part is that someone decided to beat a person and just b/c celebrities are involved, it's 'news'.

the really unfortunate thing is that this crap happens all the time to regular folks.....in fact, it probably just happened as you read my meager post.

that's what sad.
:mad:

iBlue
Feb 10, 2009, 01:25 AM
... The word is that she gave him Herpes and in an argument regarding that, he attacked her.

Yes, you are crazy. And I hope you remain single forever if this is your idea of appropriate argument behaviour.

themoonisdown09
Feb 10, 2009, 07:12 AM
Rihanna is hot. That's all I have to say about that.

skunk
Feb 10, 2009, 09:15 AM
The word is that she gave him Herpes and in an argument regarding that, he attacked her.

Call me crazy, but it serves her right.On the contrary, the word is misogyny.

gixxerredliner
Feb 10, 2009, 02:14 PM
http://www.eonline.com/uberblog/chris_brown/index.html

NT1440
Feb 10, 2009, 02:17 PM
Why do we care so much what celebrities do?

Domestic abuse is awful, but this only makes headlines because they are famous.

gixxerredliner
Feb 10, 2009, 02:20 PM

Its news because they are famous, sure domestic voilence is a huge problem but its cases like these that really shade light on the situation thus helping the millions that think they are alone. I think its news worthly

iBookG4user
Feb 10, 2009, 02:21 PM

I fully agree, I couldn't care less about what the famous people do in their lives. I wish that they would get treated equally with those people who aren't famous.

Compile 'em all
Feb 10, 2009, 02:24 PM
He did the world a favor.

Now, he should go and beat up himself too.

NT1440
Feb 10, 2009, 02:26 PM
Its news because they are famous, sure domestic voilence is a huge problem but its cases like these that really shade light on the situation thus helping the millions that think they are alone. I think its news worthly

Yea, im sure that THIS is going to get those millions of people the help they need....

Edit: I think you meant GOSSIP worthy, this isnt news.

gixxerredliner
Feb 10, 2009, 02:28 PM
Yea, im sure that THIS is going to get those millions of people the help they need....

It probaly wont but its still a good read ;) and yes you are right i meant gossip worthy.

iBookG4user
Feb 10, 2009, 02:28 PM

So you think this is more newsworthy than any other domestic violence case just because they are famous? I don't see any logic there... The actions, not the people should be what creates the impact.

gixxerredliner
Feb 10, 2009, 02:30 PM
So you think this is more newsworthy than any other domestic violence case just because they are famous? I don't see any logic there... The actions, not the people should be what creates the impact.

I wont justify why i posted this in this forum, its a interesting read happening in the world of entertainment for rihanna fans and chris brown fans. If you arent interested i respect that and understand.

Dagless
Feb 10, 2009, 02:36 PM
TBH I'd rather hear how less off people cope with domestic violence, not people rich enough to simply buy another house or buy a ticket out of there.

MacNut
Feb 10, 2009, 02:36 PM
Are either of them really worthy of being called celebrities?:confused:

SlasherDuff
Feb 10, 2009, 02:38 PM
Are either of them really worthy of being called celebrities?:confused:

These days, who really knows

LeahM
Feb 10, 2009, 06:42 PM
This is awful to think about how many kids will see this and think its okay. Not all kids but there will be a few.

No matter how rich or how poor someone is, abuse is abuse

laserfox
Feb 11, 2009, 06:44 PM
Chris is turning out to be ike turner 2.0

Maybe Rihanana could do a remake of "What's Love" in her next album. totally appropriate.

Iscariot
Feb 11, 2009, 08:27 PM
While the usual gossip fare over celebrities is certainly ridiculous, any news story that can help shine a light on all the all too commonplace tragedy that is domestic abuse is a welcome one.
TBH I'd rather hear how less off people cope with domestic violence, not people rich enough to simply buy another house or buy a ticket out of there.

What has money got to do with it? You can't just "buy a ticket out of there", no matter how much money you have. Honestly.

iBlue
Feb 12, 2009, 01:12 AM

What has money got to do with it? You can't just "buy a ticket out of there", no matter how much money you have. Honestly.

It's never an easy situation but it sure a lot easier when you have money, which certainly gives you more options for escape, as opposed to being broke and abused and having no idea how to get out from it.

Abstract
Feb 12, 2009, 01:39 AM
Give the guy a few months.

In a few months, he'll be all over the news for getting back on stage for the first time since the incident, and he'll get a standing ovation for being "so brave" for dealing with so much pressure and public scrutiny. The crazy "Leave Chris Alone!!" fans will still scream "We luv you!! EEEEEK!!" at the top of their lungs.

barkmonster
Feb 15, 2009, 10:41 AM
I think anyone who'd smack their girlfriend around deserves prison and I hope he meets a 7ft HIV positive rapist on a life sentence in the showers who thinks he's pretty.

It was in a paper the other day that Chris Brown had being flirting with Leona Lewis and him and Rhiana had an argument about this but if you look closely at leona lewis when sober, you'll see there's nothing in the world that would make a girl as attractive as Rhiana jealous. Infact she makes me feel physically sick by comparison.

stevento
Mar 5, 2009, 06:46 PM
Today, CNN got a hold of lots of details, and court documents that tell the story about Chris Brown beating Rihanna, referred to as Robyn F in the news story (because her real name is Robyn Fenty).
Update says he's not be arraigned until April 6
http://www.cnn.com/2009/SHOWBIZ/Music/03/05/chris.brown.charged/index.html
Any guess on how long he'll stay in prision?
Assuming everything in document is true, this sounds like 5-10 years to me.

skunk
Mar 5, 2009, 06:52 PM
He is a real charmer.

mkrishnan
Mar 5, 2009, 06:55 PM

I think he'll get off a lot easier, because he's a star *cough* and because he has a pretty clean record.

But I was surprised by some of the news today. When I first heard about this case (and I don't pay a lot of attention to it, although I like the music both of them, particularly Chris Brown, make) I figured he might have lost his temper and smacked her. But today's allegations seem to be of more of an extended ****-kicking fest.

dukebound85
Mar 5, 2009, 06:58 PM
who are these people. i must live in a cave

sushi
Mar 5, 2009, 07:01 PM
Any guess on how long he'll stay in prision?
According to the Los Angeles County District Attorney's Office (from the article):
If he is convicted, the sentence could range from probation to four years and eight months in prison
A large range of what could happen to him.

He is a real charmer.
Sounds like it.

mkrishnan
Mar 5, 2009, 07:05 PM
who are these people. i must live in a cave

These are the songs (Chris (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OqumjziPTzk) and Rihanna (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T79dkJBCHyM) links) for which they are respectively probably best known...

dukebound85
Mar 5, 2009, 07:15 PM
These are the songs (Chris (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OqumjziPTzk) and Rihanna (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T79dkJBCHyM) links) for which they are respectively probably best known...

i dont like his as its too repetitive and i think hes just trying to show off his lame dance moves, hers sounds very 2001'ish which is cool for some reason

eldy
Mar 5, 2009, 09:22 PM
"S.O.S. please someone help me!" LOLOLOL! :D

LeahM
Mar 5, 2009, 11:34 PM
I think its disgusting how she could go back with him or how her family could let her go back to him. :mad:

iBlue
Mar 6, 2009, 01:39 AM
I think Chris Brown is a complete piece of ***** and if there is any justice left this should by all rights destroy his career and future prospects. It was an all out thorough beating, not even a quick loss of temper. (not that that is ok either) He has serious anger issues but mostly I think he's just a piece of *****.

He also deserves a wreckless driving ticket. He did most of this while swerving his car around. He could have killed somebody on the road because he couldn't control his temper. Psycho.

I think its disgusting how she could go back with him or how her family could let her go back to him. :mad:

I think she's a fool but I can't say I haven't been a fool before too. She is young and she has to learn on her own terms that the true essence of a person seldom changes.

Abstract
Mar 7, 2009, 05:45 PM
Today, CNN got a hold of lots of details, and court documents that tell the story about Chris Brown beating Rihanna, referred to as Robyn F in the news story (because her real name is Robyn Fenty).
Update says he's not be arraigned until April 6
http://www.cnn.com/2009/SHOWBIZ/Music/03/05/chris.brown.charged/index.html

Wow, that's really brutal. :eek:

When it was reported, I figured it was a punch or 2, possibly a slap, not an all-out beating. However, she took him back, so she's also an idiot. Sorry, but she had her chance to get a restraining order against him, and with all the support from family, friends, the media, and other music celebrities siding with her and not with Chris Brown, she still chose not to take it. Instead, she's taking him back. His career is hopefully over. What other celebrity wants to be associated with this guy now?

Her family, agent, and lawyers really should have told her to smarten up. :rolleyes: Even on her orders, I don't know why the lawyers announced that she still wants contact with Brown. It's a completely business relationship, but set her straight. Look at her photos. :o

And apparently, she has been abused for months, people knew this, and didn't say anything. Also, her father says he's 100% behind her going back to him if it makes him happy. I'm sorry, but despite the fact that his daughter is an adult who can do as she pleases, I'd never be able to tell the media that I approve of this.

No wonder why Chris Brown says he really loves her and wants her to take him back. He likes to punch his girlfriends, and she has basically sent the message to him that this is a forgiveable act.

We'll see her bruised face again on the news soon enough.

edesignuk
Jun 23, 2009, 09:58 AM
R&B singer admits Rihanna assault

R&B singer Chris Brown has pleaded guilty in the US to one count of assault on his former girlfriend, pop star Rihanna.

Brown, 19, was sentenced to five years' probation and ordered to do six months of community service.

Brown had faced charges of assaulting Rihanna, 21, during a row in February.

The last-minute plea deal came before a hearing at a Los Angeles court at which Rihanna was due to give evidence. She said the sentence was "fair".

Brown had been facing a potential jail sentence of four years.

His sentence involves five years of supervised probation and six months of community labour, such as picking up litter or removing graffiti.

He will also have to attend courses on domestic violence. BBC (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/8114049.stm).

butthole.

MacNut
Jun 23, 2009, 11:16 AM
I hope his first act of community service is to destroy all his crap music.

Schtumple
Jun 23, 2009, 01:21 PM
Glad he's actually being some kind of sentence, and not being patted on the head and told "go on, run along scamp".

Still, I hope his career is ruined.

Abstract
Jun 23, 2009, 01:22 PM
That's it? No jail time?

Well, it is America, and he is both rich and famous. I guess this also has to do with the fact that Rihanna didn't testify against him in court. Nice.

2nyRiggz
Jun 26, 2009, 01:46 PM
I'm surprised he's still breathing and her being from the Islands....if(I don't know) she have brothers he wouldn't of been knocked out on sight or worse.

He's a bi*ch.

Bless