Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BuddyRockefella

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 24, 2008
Mod Note: Here is a list of the previous threads
Post Your Mac Setup: Past & Present
Post Your Mac Setup: Past & Present (Part 2)
Post Your Mac Setup: Past & Present (Part 3)
Post Your Mac Setup: Past & Present (Part 4)
Post Your Mac Setup: Past & Present (Part 5)
Post Your Mac Setup: Past & Present (Part 6)
Post Your Mac Setup: Past & Present (Part 7)
Post Your Mac Setup: Past & Present (Part 8) <- This thread

Please refrain from quoting images. If you want to see the picture that a post is referring to, you can press this button:
viewpost.gif

For large images (over ~800 pixels wide), please use [/SIZE][/B] tags rather than plain old [img] tags

[b]We ask that everyone [U]refrains from reposting the same image in multiple threads[/U]. That includes the "Under 18" as well as "Post Your Mac Setup" threads.

We do realize that this will still sometimes occur. If/when that happens, please report it by clicking on the "Report Post" icon ([IMG]http://images.macrumors.com/vb/images/buttons/report.gif) and include a link to both posts. Thank you.

P.S That clock screensaver is Fliqlo
PP.S. The time and date / weather on the desktop thing is most probably GeekTool <- examples and instructions.

Updated...

attachment.php

where that desk from

fleshman03

macrumors 68000
May 27, 2008
Sioux City, IA
My 30" is normally on my Mac Pro, but took it for a test drive on my MacBook Pro today before ordering a 2nd 30".

I have that same stand for my MBP. I actually really love it. My only problem is operating the SuperDrive and Remote at the same time. The two little black things that stick up need to cover one.

mithrilfox

macrumors regular
Nov 6, 2007
Japan
My iBook G4 ^^.. still lovin' it

Still using this iBook G4 at work... typing on it now. We sold my old iBook G4 to a friend and then I took my wife's iBook G4 and gave her my MacBook. Yea I know I got the short end of that stick, but I also got a new iMac out of the deal :D

Then I built a Hackintosh and made the iMac unofficially the wife's.

Sapphire08

macrumors member
Dec 20, 2008
England UK
I love my iMac to bits but if I knew when I bought it what I know now - I would have got a macbook :D

I don't really need one ie I don't travel or go out much but so often I sit down stairs watching tv and want to do some work or your check my email and I want to use my Mac which is upstairs. I thought the windows laptop downstairs would do the job but windows just doesn't cut for me any more :eek:

Maybe a macbook air would do the job - I may have to treat myself when budget allows but boy I want an more portable option now ;) I guess both is the best of all worlds but it seems sometimes a bit OTT if you know what I mean :eek:

Bwa

macrumors 6502
Jun 20, 2007
Boston & San Jose
I have that same stand for my MBP. I actually really love it. My only problem is operating the SuperDrive and Remote at the same time. The two little black things that stick up need to cover one.

I have two of those stands (used to have two laptops). They're OK but I wish I had bought the LX stand instead. IMO these NeoFlex stands cheapen the Ergotron name. On the other hand, they were cheap--I got them both for $60 ($30/ea).

I guess if you slide the laptop "too far" to the right both the remote & the optical are exposed--I never use either one of them, so I guess I hadn't noticed that.

xUKHCx

Administrator emeritus
Jan 15, 2006
The Kop
I've updated the mod note at the top of this thread with details of Fliqio and GeekTool, will make finding those links when people ask that much quicker. :D

harry454

macrumors 6502
Sep 13, 2007
I will be going out this weekend to pick up the Galant set from Ikea, the L shaped desk with the curve extension and the doider lights. I will post pics then, I'm so excited.

eeeaddict

macrumors newbie
Jan 29, 2009
waiting on new aluminium macbook

Hoping to get aluminum macbook for my birthday (not featued ipod shuffle g1)
oh and does anyone know what is the one time developer discount want to buy a apple tv with the money I save:D

Attachments

• P1271057.JPG
    P1271057.JPG
    158.4 KB · Views: 562
  • P1271058.JPG
    P1271058.JPG
    159 KB · Views: 409

The3nd

macrumors regular
Jan 26, 2007
jaimeblancaff3.jpg

Not Shown another 5d II, Another 1d III and 400 IS & 200 IS

BTW taken W/ a G10 a great little camera!

Bwa

macrumors 6502
Jun 20, 2007
Boston & San Jose
9920 x 1600 desktop

Today I set-up my 2nd 30" monitor. I now have 9920 x 1600 on my Mac Pro; I have a dual-link DVI KVM to switch the middle 30" with the MacBook Pro. I originally ordered the 2nd 30" for the MacBook Pro, no KVM planned, but I thought I'd give it a shot and see how I liked having a 9920 x 1600 desktop, as well as not needing a 2nd keyboard/mouse.

Pictures are click-able.

2856542558_f662f5b014_b.jpg

3268370010_ece537fe05_b.jpg

I am not quite sure if I will keep it like this or split the systems back up and bring back a 24" or 19" for the 6 monitor system. 108" of monitor width is really wide, but I do enjoy having more than 1 non-portrait screen. It will take a few weeks to sort out.

Most (All?) of your questions are answered in the FAQ in my signature. I write software.

Xirurg

macrumors newbie
Aug 11, 2008
Today I set-up my 2nd 30" monitor. I now have 9920 x 1600 on my Mac Pro; I have a dual-link DVI KVM to switch the middle 30" with the MacBook Pro. I originally ordered the 2nd 30" for the MacBook Pro, no KVM planned, but I thought I'd give it a shot and see how I liked having a 9920 x 1600 desktop, as well as not needing a 2nd keyboard/mouse.

Pictures are click-able.

2856542558_f662f5b014_b.jpg

3268370010_ece537fe05_b.jpg

I am not quite sure if I will keep it like this or split the systems back up and bring back a 24" or 19" for the 6 monitor system. 108" of monitor width is really wide, but I do enjoy having more than 1 non-portrait screen. It will take a few weeks to sort out.

Most (All?) of your questions are answered in the FAQ in my signature. I write software.

Looks awesome man!they are all attached to your Mac Pro?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.