Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

chrissey

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 17, 2009
I have just installed The Sims 2, but when I click on the icon it looks as if it is about to open, but then nothing happens. I have tried to install different patches, but it doesn't work.
I have the minimum requirements and am trying to run the game on a MacBook intel.
Does anyone have a suggestion as to how to make it work?
Thanks

ticklemepink

macrumors newbie
Mar 13, 2009
sims 2 crashing and no i cant even reinstall...

ive been having the same problem with game looking as if its going to open and then the bouncing icon just disappears.

so i decided to remove it completely and reinstall and now i keep getting a message half way thru the game trying to install that says, "The finder cannot complete the operation because some data in "sc4_P1LOSE.movie" could not be read or written. (Error code -36)"

does anyone have any idea what to do?
:confused:

LPZ

macrumors 65816
Jul 11, 2006
ive been having the same problem with game looking as if its going to open and then the bouncing icon just disappears.

so i decided to remove it completely and reinstall and now i keep getting a message half way thru the game trying to install that says, "The finder cannot complete the operation because some data in "sc4_P1LOSE.movie" could not be read or written. (Error code -36)"

does anyone have any idea what to do?
:confused:

Get the new Sims 2 application here.

Blcfc

macrumors newbie
Mar 24, 2009
how do u actually use that patch? I just got the game and it doesnt work:mad: so i got that patch downloaded it and installed it and the game still doesnt work so what else can i do?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.