PDA

View Full Version : What are you guys using on YOUR PowerBook?

Iphone Junkie
Feb 23, 2009, 08:03 PM
So, I just got my PowerBook G4 1.5 loaded with tons of apps CS4 etc... My question to all of you guys out there is What do you prefer for a web browser? Mozilla Firefox or Safari?

Being that this is my first MAC I am just trying to get sensible input from some of you guys who all seem to be very knowledgeable so I appreciate any input. I have always used Firefox on my PC's and seem to like Safari so far but if it "aint" broke dont fix it type of deal for my new Powerbook :)

Thanks for the input fellas!

Sky Blue
Feb 23, 2009, 08:09 PM
Use the search, question has come up many many times.

YuriVoorhak
Feb 23, 2009, 08:48 PM
Also search for "Mac is not an acronym", k thx :o

Pika
Feb 23, 2009, 09:07 PM
Because Powerbooks are so old and they still use PPC processors, i only use them to seed & leech torrent files 24h/7.

EB66
Feb 23, 2009, 10:50 PM
I always used firefox or safari on my powerbook I don't really remember which though

lazydesi
Feb 23, 2009, 11:16 PM
go for firefox with noscript & adblock plus addon

DoFoT9
Feb 23, 2009, 11:26 PM
I always used firefox or safari on my powerbook I don't really remember which though

that makes no sense :confused::eek:

mmulin
Feb 23, 2009, 11:42 PM
Both browsers are about the best you can use these days. Safari's webkit engine might give you a slight speed advantage versus the feature rich extensibility of Firefox. Personally, I don't care much about the extensions for Firefox and usually use Safari. However, in some cases I use Firefox and it pays off to have both on your system.

dannomac
Feb 23, 2009, 11:50 PM
I've found Firefox to be gearing more towards the Intel Macs lately. Firefox 2.0 was reasonably fast on my 1.5, but 3.0 is slower than molassas in January. I use Safari, it's pretty quick.

NewMacbookPlz
Feb 23, 2009, 11:54 PM
I was a fan of Camino when I had my iBook, simply because firefox was too slow, but I never really liked the Panther version of safari.

The downside of Camino, no Firefox plugins.

Davy.Shalom
Feb 23, 2009, 11:58 PM
Firefox

colmaclean
Feb 24, 2009, 03:42 AM
Mine keeps my girlfriend entertained while I'm on my MBP. :rolleyes:

DaveTheGrey
Feb 24, 2009, 04:11 AM
Anyone interested in a ie5 dmg? :D

darngooddesign
Feb 24, 2009, 08:56 AM
that makes no sense :confused::eek:

Made perfect sense to me, he always used either Safari or FF, as opposed to say Opera or Camino, but he can't remember which of the two he used the most right now.

rukus
Feb 24, 2009, 06:13 PM
too addicted to my extensions for anything but firefox.

DoFoT9
Feb 24, 2009, 06:35 PM
Made perfect sense to me, he always used either Safari or FF, as opposed to say Opera or Camino, but he can't remember which of the two he used the most right now.

haha its still a pretty confusing statement.

"i use either safari or firefox.. but i dont remember which one.." its massive contradiction.

darngooddesign
Feb 24, 2009, 10:23 PM
haha its still a pretty confusing statement.

"i use either safari or firefox.. but i dont remember which one.." its massive contradiction.

Still sounds fine to me. Back to the topic, I used Safari on my G4.

rj-300zx
Feb 24, 2009, 11:48 PM
Got Safari on my G4, I mainly use it as the bedroom machine while I use my Lenovo Y730 for gaming and such.

I have iLife and iWork 09 on here too w/ Leopard, although the dock seems slower and im not as big of a fan as the visual style (Vista=Aqua>Leopard). But I use it when Im in the bedroom and not really in the mood to boot up games and just want to answer email, although this is the machine I use at LAN parties for AoE2 and Quake 4.

And for the record, Safari is only ok in my opinion, on my equivalent Windows PC, Internet Explorer seems much faster, but that could also be the slightly newer wireless card.

California
Feb 25, 2009, 04:37 AM
Reminder to all G4 owners to max out their ram, max up their laptop hard drive to the 250gb Western Digital and disable dashboard on Leopard.