Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gbarr

macrumors newbie
Jul 5, 2001
New Keyboards & Mice

That Photoshopped image is pretty lame. Can you imagine having a keyboard that big? No, the new Apple Pro Keyboard and Desktop Mouse will be Bluetooth-based peripherals.
Most likely, the keyboard will still have the two USB ports on the sides so you can plug it into the tower to recharge. The mouse will probably have a USB adapter too, but only on one end of the connector cable. The other will have to be a smaller interface to conserve surface area on the mouse. Maybe they'll include a cradle for it instead of using a cable.
This seems like the most plausable future for the Apple Pro Keyboard and Desktop Mouse.
See you all at Mac World in NYC.

-G

ymarks

macrumors newbie
Jul 3, 2001
1) That PDA is the underside of a pro mouse with a OS X screenshot in it

2) Why the heck would someone put a hotsync cradle on a keyboard????

PowerUser86

macrumors member
May 14, 2001
Kobe, Japan
Yeah, I saw that a few weeks ago. It sounds improbable, but the concept, I think, is pretty cool. A few times I've had my visor hooked up to my mac, and someone walks by and the next thing I know, it is on the floor in pieces. A cable-less hotsync cradle would be really nice. But only if it could happen.

mnkeybsness

macrumors 68030
Jun 25, 2001
Moneyapolis, Minnesota
one more thing

i would like to know how many people actually would need a cradle attached to their keyboard???

especially since most mac users are students and professional graphics producers who have multiple machines..

evildead

macrumors 65816
Jun 18, 2001
WestCost, USA
Good Point

I would need 2 cradles and some way to use it with my Lap top...I know, I know... I have to use a PC sometimes for software development. And for my NT box at work. the Cradle would not be that usfull... bring back the IR port like my Bondi blue iMac. One that works with stuff that is...

arn

macrumors god
Staff member
Apr 9, 2001
agreed... if anything, it should be on or part of the main machine...

still... interesting concept.

arn

digitalrampage

macrumors regular
Jan 5, 2001
Sydney, Australia
Sour Apple

CANT ANYONE TAKE A JOKE..

All the pre macworld tension is getting to you people!!!!

Apple isnt going to release that keyboard so stop saying they are wasting your time.

If people didnt make these fake little pictures now-and-again everyone on this forum would be about as exciting as a Snow iMac.

Everyone likes to have weird and wonderful conceptions of what Apple will do next..

So just marvel at the people who waste there time making up these pictures for us, AND CONGRATULATE THEM for making ours days all a little bit more interesting!!!

Good work guys, keep it up! :) :) :)

mischief

macrumors 68030
Aug 1, 2001
Santa Cruz Ca
go get layed

One of my favorite philosophers has always been Testicles. One of his favorite passtimes was masturbation, however it was his attitude that masturbatory fantasy should always contain the outrageous so the substance of real sex could be properly be appreciated by contrast with whimsical fantasy.

Chuckle, snort.......couldn't resist.

Curiousstrngmint

macrumors member
Aug 12, 2001
This discussion is pretty stupid now. But what I would like to see would be wireless peripherals. My mouse cable keeps getting wrapped around everything else on my desk and then my mouse won't leave a corner of the screen, etc.

mischief

macrumors 68030
Aug 1, 2001
Santa Cruz Ca
wires suck

Yeah, nothing better than disentangling from peripheral cables to get up and use the John. not to mention the earlier reference to cable-yank. The problem is in the approach being taken: Who wants to change AA batteries in their mouse?

spuncan

macrumors 6502
Jul 18, 2001
Detroit
Read! all of the page.

Um if you just read the info bellow the pic. you notice that it says
"This was concepted and conceived in the hopes that someone might find it to be an interesting and potentially useful hardware release. The Apple PDA was found on the internet and is not my creation."

BarryWeber

macrumors newbie
Aug 14, 2001
Dream Mac Concept Pictures

Some incredibly talented artist created all these Dream Macs. These have been added to lots of websites claiming they are real.
Check these out you'll be well entertained and Apple might want to use some of these. I particularly like the trashcan design.
http://homepage.mac.com/benvp/

CyberPsycho

macrumors newbie
Aug 15, 2001
even if its fake its ...

Nice,
Try making it flip from under the keyboard
or slide out from the side, removable, left hand sided,
make the pda screen act like a track pad for the mac, while your typing phone number in the "Apple on screen PDA emulator " make the sync button a mouse clicker when you want ... use your imagination .

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.