Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mirkoit

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 2, 2009
Hello people,

I have a simple question. I developed for a while in my company's office on our iMacs (not during work, believe me - everyday I asked permission to stay last in the office to use a bit the iMac) a couple of applications for the iPhone. They are still in testing stage, but I would like to expand on them, test them, and then release them in the App Store.

Anyhow, I was fired a week ago because our company went bankrupt, so I will need to rely on my own to keep on doing this, and who knows, if I keep working I might do something good. An ex co-worker offered me to exchange his MacBook White (release October 2008, without the nVidia graphic chip, with 2GB of RAM) with a Dell I bought about 1 year ago and with similar specs, because he cannot get used to using Macs.

I wanted to know if a simple MacBook White (before the nVidia graphic chip refresh), can be used for development of iPhone apps that require 3D graphics.

Of course, if my Apps start selling a bit, I will upgrade in the future.

Thanks!

Jeremy1026

macrumors 68020
Nov 3, 2007
Hello people,

I have a simple question. I developed for a while in my company's office on our iMacs (not during work, believe me - everyday I asked permission to stay last in the office to use a bit the iMac) a couple of applications for the iPhone. They are still in testing stage, but I would like to expand on them, test them, and then release them in the App Store.

Anyhow, I was fired a week ago because our company went bankrupt, so I will need to rely on my own to keep on doing this, and who knows, if I keep working I might do something good. An ex co-worker offered me to exchange his MacBook White (release October 2008, without the nVidia graphic chip, with 2GB of RAM) with a Dell I bought about 1 year ago and with similar specs, because he cannot get used to using Macs.

I wanted to know if a simple MacBook White (before the nVidia graphic chip refresh), can be used for development of iPhone apps that require 3D graphics.

Of course, if my Apps start selling a bit, I will upgrade in the future.

Thanks!

Sure can. They are plenty powerful enough.

mirkoit

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 2, 2009
Hey, thanks for the replies!

Yes, I know it is a very good deal! In fact I told him I wanted to give him some money for the difference but he really really does not want to accept it.

Thanks for the help people ;)

mirkoit

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 2, 2009
Don't know, I told him that as well, but he did not care. I suppose he just wants to help me out a bit.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.