Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mgsfan18

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 18, 2008
Canada
Is it possible to run a PC copy of The Sims 2 on a mac? I know there is a mac version of the game but I owned a PC when I bought it but now all I have is a mac.

Or is there a way to trade my PC copy for a mac copy.

Does anyone want to trade a PC copy for a mac copy of the game?

answers to any of these questions would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in Advance!:apple:

asphyxiafeeling

macrumors regular
May 31, 2008
Cali baby!
Is it possible to run a PC copy of The Sims 2 on a mac? I know there is a mac version of the game but I owned a PC when I bought it but now all I have is a mac.

Or is there a way to trade my PC copy for a mac copy.

Does anyone want to trade a PC copy for a mac copy of the game?

answers to any of these questions would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in Advance!:apple:

1. No*

2. Sadly, No. the game was ported by Aspyr, they want moola for a new copy. (same situation happened to me with Spore / COD4)

3. Doubtful, but maybe you can find somebody.

You could get a copy of windows and use bootcamp, but that's a bit of a hassle.

*you could try using crossover or some virtual program. i'm not knowledgeable on them, so i'll let somebody else try and explain.

mgsfan18

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 18, 2008
Canada
1. No*

2. Sadly, No. the game was ported by Aspyr, they want moola for a new copy. (same situation happened to me with Spore / COD4)

3. Doubtful, but maybe you can find somebody.

You could get a copy of windows and use bootcamp, but that's a bit of a hassle.

*you could try using crossover or some virtual program. i'm not knowledgeable on them, so i'll let somebody else try and explain.

I tried the free trial of crossover but I was unable to run The Sims 2 it would install forever and never say insert disc 2

evilmonkey4

macrumors newbie
May 6, 2009
https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/662748/

ok well i installed it with crossover and all that junk with the pc disc. now that its done im really in a hurry to play it but one problem came up. when i try to launch it, it says insert correct disc and try this application again or some crap... the game is installed but it wont run it said to put in disc 1 but i did and nothing happened!! now im kinda annoyed because ive never had a sims game and always liked the looks of it. if you know what to do please help! ive been searching google but i dont know what to do just yet!! :( please help if u can!!! thanks :D long live mac!:apple:

jav6454

macrumors Core
Nov 14, 2007
1 Geostationary Tower Plaza

Many questions. Here are the answers in a nutshell:

- You need to buy a new copy.

New question from you "But I don't want to cough up $50 for another disc of The Sims 2, how do I make this one work?"

Answer:

- Install Windows through Boot Camp and run it there or you can use a virtual machine using Fusion or Parallels. For best results though, I recommend using Boot Camp.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.