Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

papersushi

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 14, 2003
I have been checking FedEx shipping status of my 12'' iBook since it left Taiwan last Friday. It stuck in ANCHORAGE AK*for 2 days now with status "Regulatory Agency Clearance Delay"

I called FedEx, they told me its normal, almost all Apple's package will go through that process and its not delayed in anyway. Any comments?

Attachments

• fedex.gif
    fedex.gif
    22.7 KB · Views: 3,120

MacAficionado

macrumors 6502
Oct 5, 2002
An awesome place
papersushi said:
I have been checking FedEx shipping status of my 12'' iBook since it left Taiwan last Friday. It stuck in ANCHORAGE AK*for 2 days now with status "Regulatory Agency Clearance Delay"

I called FedEx, they told me its normal, almost all Apple's package will go through that process and its not delayed in anyway. Any comments?

The only thing I've experienced is that FedEx does not really update their tracking all the time. When my sister got her iBook, it was "stuck" in Alaska for a whole weekend, then all of a sudden when I checked it had been delivered a day early. :eek:

When is it due for delivery?

thekaiser

macrumors member
Dec 16, 2002
Huntington Beach, CA
I had this problem last fall with my powerbook. You will just have to wait it out...that is what FedEx told me at least. It just means that it has not cleared customs more or less is what they told me...they get busy etc...it will make it eventually. However, Apple refunded my shipping as I paid for rush delivery and it was not received on time. It all worked out well in the end.

michaelrjohnson

macrumors 68020
Aug 9, 2000
i just got an iBook 3 weeks ago.

1) i blieve that is "Customs"... your powerbook came from taiwan
2) fedex only updates their tracking at night (for most packages)
3) fedex will have your package @ your door no later than 10:30am.

:-D

papersushi

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 14, 2003
Morning on the 6th Now, 3 days since it arriaved in Alaska on last Friday with custom delay message. Still no updates, if its due no late than 10:30AM tomorrow, at least it should in the mainland US now. What's up FedEX?

michaelrjohnson

macrumors 68020
Aug 9, 2000
see above post.

they only update their traking for international packages overnight... be patient. your package is moving and it will be there when quoted.

krisjon

macrumors regular
Feb 29, 2004
San Diego, CA
papersushi said:
Morning on the 6th Now, 3 days since it arriaved in Alaska on last Friday with custom delay message. Still no updates, if its due no late than 10:30AM tomorrow, at least it should in the mainland US now. What's up FedEX?

Don't sweat it. I went through exactly the same thing (and lack of FedEx updates) with my BTO powerbook about a month and a half ago coming out of Taiwan. It'll show up.

superbovine

macrumors 68030
Nov 7, 2003
papersushi said:

you can't rush cutsom. custom agents actually have a lot of power, and fedex is at the mercy of goverment regulation. i.e. if a custom agent feels like delaying packages to search them they will.

TDT

macrumors member
Apr 4, 2004
University of Iowa - Iowa
michaelrjohnson said:
my ibook was 5days 14hrs after pushing "order" button to having fedex ring my doorbell.

Did you have yours custom at all? I mean, on the site did you have some things added and some things removed? When checking the order status site, before it shipped, how long of a delay did they say?

Thanks

papersushi

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 14, 2003
No, it was not CTO machine at all. It was delivered today actually. Just like previous poster mentioned. It suddently just showed up after no updates for 3 days.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.