Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JOD8FY

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 22, 2004
United States
Hello Everyone,

I bought my PB not too long ago and today when I tried to check my e-mail using Mail I was told that my trial .Mac account had expired. I have RoadRunner on my Windows desktop with Outlook Express. I want to hook my PB up to my account on my desktop so that I can check my e-mail from my PB. Do I need to install Outlook on my PB? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks a lot,
JOD8FY

realityisterror

macrumors 65816
Aug 30, 2003
Snellville, GA
no. you need to setup a new account in mail (Mail-->Preferences, then Accounts tab). you need to supply your username (the first part of your email address) your password and the mail servers. you can call roadrunner to find out for sure or check in the preferences of outlook on your pc. most likely they are both "mail.roadrunner.com". if your e-mail address is, for example, jod8fy@roadrunner.com, then your username is jod8fy, hopefully you know your password, and the servers are both mail.roadrunner.com. if your email address is jod8fy@roadrunner.net, then the servers are probably mail.roadrunner.net...

maybe somebody else who has roadrunner cable can verify this...

reality

Sparky's

macrumors 6502a
Feb 11, 2004
I use Mail on my G4 and have RoadRunner as my ISP. I have attached what the set up window looks like. Just fill in what would be approproate for your area. Its under the "Mail" menu > Preferences > Accounts.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.