Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

howard

macrumors 68020
Nov 18, 2002
oh my god...

thats horrifiing..

especially when they mentioned $10,000 in cocaine was found on a 4 year old...

i don't think these kids could have known what it was... thats just crazy.

wdlove

macrumors P6
Oct 20, 2002
This is a very said situation happening to children so you. Unless things change it just doesn't look good for the future! :(

rainman::|:|

macrumors 603
Feb 2, 2002
iowa
children are the first casualty in the war on drugs. If these drugs were treated like prescription medications, i think kids would know better. Instead, if a child discovers pot, adults lie about it and confuse them.

and of course, smuggling would be too expensive to do.

btw this happened weeks ago and i'm sure there was already a thread on it.

paul

musicpyrite

macrumors 68000
Jan 6, 2004
Cape Cod
Not uncommon where I live, our town gets at least 8 death threats from kids at schools every month. Strangely enough, 60% of those threats come from kids at the elementary school. :confused: I would expect the high school.

Sparky's

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 11, 2004
sonyrules said:
Next thing you know there going to be carting pistols around....

I wouldn't be surprised if they already did. In the 1960s I remember Monroe High School (San Fernando Valley CA) having drive by shootings from rival gangs then. I was even on the field when I heard shots once. Supposedly one of the "Midnighters" didn't like one of the "Playboys" seeing his girl. And this among 15-17 years olds. I guess as time goes on the gun totters get younger.

rainman::|:|

macrumors 603
Feb 2, 2002
iowa
musicpyrite said:
If it can't be taxed by the government, its illegal

Actually, apropos to this thread, the government thinks it can even tax illegal items-- Recreational illicit substances require Drug Tax Stamps in many places, so you wind up paying taxes on contraban. Fortunately, almost no one is stupid enough to pay. Unfortunately, it's just another thing they can charge you with, if you're caught with drugs.

paul

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.