PDA

View Full Version : Hi, how do I make a auto launch HTML on a CD

clacknut
Mar 25, 2009, 08:29 PM
Hi, have a HTML index from a cd, which i want to be mac & pc compatible..

effectivly I want to put my file on a cd (mac & ibm via toast) and have the file auto launch on mac & ibms when the disk is inserted.

any clues on how this can be done would be greatly appreciated.. (Photoshop is my talent, on everything else I am lost)

Regards

Sandy

mwchris
Mar 25, 2009, 08:33 PM
This is some what tricky. Some one else might chime in, but it isn't too hard to do on a PC. If you google "Auto Start CD" it will give you the instructions for how to create that type of disc. It is not terribly complex but may take some time if you have never done it before.

Personally I use software called "CD Menu Pro" It has a nice GUI interface for setting up your disk and can do many different things.

On the Mac side I haven't got a clue. None of my autostart discs will autostart on a mac. Most of my clients are PC users so I haven't had to tackle that issue yet.

Hope this helps.

prostuff1
Mar 25, 2009, 09:00 PM
Hi, have a HTML index from a cd, which i want to be mac & pc compatible..

effectivly I want to put my file on a cd (mac & ibm via toast) and have the file auto launch on mac & ibms when the disk is inserted.

any clues on how this can be done would be greatly appreciated.. (Photoshop is my talent, on everything else I am lost)

Regards

Sandy

Why do you want this disk to auto start?

Personally I hate it when discs do this on windows and I always turn the autolaunch feature off.

Chirone
Mar 25, 2009, 09:02 PM
macs don't do the autostart, something to do with security risks

DoFoT9
Mar 25, 2009, 09:04 PM
macs don't do the autostart, something to do with security risks

yes that seems like a likely reason.

i believe it can be done in Toast Titanium (correct me if i am wrong), i dont know how it does it though..