PDA

View Full Version : powermac g4 PLEASE HELP!!1

iSaygoodbye
Mar 31, 2009, 11:48 PM
ok. disconnected my pc so i could sync my ipod. went to the mac. the mouse was moving around. wouldnt click anything. then a little thing came up saying "your computer needs to be restarded" so i turned it off. tried to turn it on,i got the chime. it went to the white screen with gray apple logo. i got the little spinny thingy. it went there for like fiv eminutes. then went to a baby blue screen and did the spinny thing for a bit. then the spinny thing went away. now i turned it off

^^copy/pasted from a IM session cause it was too long to re-type

iSaygoodbye
Apr 1, 2009, 12:33 AM
please!!! help

California
Apr 1, 2009, 03:10 AM
Hit pram reset and reseat each piece of ram. Try starting up from an original system disc, too.

iSaygoodbye
Apr 1, 2009, 07:33 AM
ok. disconnected my pc so i could sync my ipod. went to the mac. the mouse was moving around. wouldnt click anything. then a little thing came up saying "your computer needs to be restarded" so i turned it off. tried to turn it on,i got the chime. it went to the white screen with gray apple logo. i got the little spinny thingy. it went there for like fiv eminutes. then went to a baby blue screen and did the spinny thing for a bit. then the spinny thing went away. now i turned it off. now im trying to put in the restore disk and nothings happening

^^copy/pasted from a IM session cause it was too long to re-type

kellen
Apr 1, 2009, 08:41 AM
Are you booting from the restore disks?

iSaygoodbye
Apr 1, 2009, 09:03 AM
i put the restore disk in and nothings happening. how do i boot from them?

OrangeSVTguy
Apr 1, 2009, 11:39 AM
Hold down the C key when booting to boot from the CD.

Resetting the PRAM as already mentioned could help too.

Holding down the Command, Option, P and R keys while rebooting will reset the PRAM. It's best to hold it for a few restart cycles. Let go once you hear the startup "bong" at least 3 times.

iSaygoodbye
Apr 1, 2009, 05:32 PM
i found out it was just one of its hard drives. now.... to take the thing out