PDA

View Full Version : iPod problems - won't reset

birdMan
Apr 16, 2004, 09:00 PM
Ok, so i'm working on this iPod for a friend of mine. It is stuck on disk mode and I can't get it to switch back to normal play mode. I am on a mac and I have reformatted it a couple of times and I can put files on it. However the iPod Software 1.3.1 updater to completely reset it is not working. The buttons are greyed out and I can't click them. This is really pissing me off as I am supposed to be good at this computer ****. I feel like this should be just working.

Peace out, If i wasn't clear, just reply back for more info. I'll be watchful over this post cuz i want to get it done soon.

nargot
Jun 16, 2004, 12:32 AM
i am at this point in time having similar problems

my ipod is stuck in disk mode (3rd gen, 20 gb)

i cannot - see it or reformat it via disk utility or by ipod updater.

I too need some serious help to get it started.

crees!
Jun 16, 2004, 01:00 AM
Have you tried re-downloading the installer package? Maybe it got corrupt somehow.. or find an older installer package then update to the new one? Just a couple ideas.

rendezvouscp
Jun 16, 2004, 01:16 AM
Or even try reseting the iPods again by using menu and play at the same time.

Another thing is that you may want to go into its "debug" or developer mode. Reset it, then hold down back, forward, and select until you see the Apple logo. From there, you can run some tests and it may help. Sometimes when my iPod acts weird, I go in there and use the 5 in 1 and reset. Reset will drain your battery, but it may fix your problems.
–Chase