Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Quboid

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 16, 2006
everywhere
Hello all,

I am about to buy myself a new digital camera and i have narrowed my search down to two candidates: Kodak EasyShare Z1012 and the Fuji-Film s2000 hd. Both in my opinion are quite decent cameras hence my dilemma. I will be taking all kinds of pictures(not on a professional level nor anything close). But i need a camera that can perform well in all lighting conditions (I should mention i plan on photographing various night events).

I acknowledge that the Fuji-film offers better zoom, but i heard the Schneider lens of the kodak is quite impressive.

I can't ask which camera is better, nor which should i like better, but i would like to hear your opinion on both, it may help in me making the right choice.

Thanks for all your help

Zsika

cube

Suspended
May 10, 2004
Oops, that's quite more expensive.

If you find the opportunity of getting a used F30/F31fd for about $150, I would go for it (like I did). It seems that the F200EXR finally brought the price down.

Quboid

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 16, 2006
everywhere
thanks cube, But i really want someone that handled those cameras to push give me a little feed back. I kind of narrowed down to those two. Thanks again man.

cube

Suspended
May 10, 2004
thanks cube, But i really want someone that handled those cameras to push give me a little feed back. I kind of narrowed down to those two. Thanks again man.

Well, you asked for a low-light camera, and those are 10MP on a tiny 1/2.33" sensor, that why I don't even bother looking at them.

gangzoom

macrumors member
Aug 8, 2007
I use to have a Kodak EasyShare, one of the reasons i upgraded to a DSLR was because it was almost impossible to get the thing to focus quickly in low light...and manual focusing is equally hard to use at night...for point and shoot camera i've always found Canons to be the best

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.