PDA

View Full Version : Calibrate iMac 20"

iCris
Apr 6, 2009, 11:52 PM
Hi all,i want calibrate my iMac 20" screen,is a good option the PANTONE hueyPRO? to calibrate mi iMac 20".Thx in advance :)

bking1000
Apr 7, 2009, 06:42 AM
Hi all,i want calibrate my iMac 20" screen,is a good option the PANTONE hueyPRO? to calibrate mi iMac 20".Thx in advance :)

I've not heard anyone say good things about the Huey Pro.

Try the Spyder 3 Pro or the Eye One Display 2.

iGary
Apr 7, 2009, 06:45 AM
I've not heard anyone say good things about the Huey Pro.

Try the Spyder 3 Pro or the Eye One Display 2.

+1

The Huey is pure crap (it got used once and is sitting in my junk drawer). I have the Eye One Display 2 and love it.

OreoCookie
Apr 8, 2009, 04:48 AM
Ditto on the Huey. I got a Spyder 2 Express (which was even cheaper) that works like a charm!

iCris
Apr 8, 2009, 06:46 PM
Thanks to all,just one more question,the spider or the eye one allow a second monitor calibration?thanks in advance :)

vorkorsigan
Apr 8, 2009, 06:51 PM
the eye one (i1 display 2) does, got one last week and used already for MBP, Vaio and a T240 Samsung.

All worked fine.

bking1000
Apr 8, 2009, 07:16 PM
Thanks to all,just one more question,the spider or the eye one allow a second monitor calibration?thanks in advance :)

If you mean dual monitors, your computer needs to be able to support 2 different color profiles for your two monitors. If your computer doesn't support it, it doesn't matter if the color calibrator does.

iCris
Apr 8, 2009, 11:11 PM
If you mean dual monitors, your computer needs to be able to support 2 different color profiles for your two monitors. If your computer doesn't support it, it doesn't matter if the color calibrator does.
well i think my imac alu can,now uses 2 one for imac monitor and one for the samsung conected via dvi.:)

OreoCookie
Apr 9, 2009, 12:34 AM
Yes, they do. Although with the Spyder 2 Express software, you have to calibrate one monitor at a time and rename the profiles by hand in the Finder. It's also useful to change the profile description via ColorSync Utility.