PDA

View Full Version : Where did my Bluetooth vanish to?

Sarmoung
Apr 19, 2004, 01:53 PM
I have a 12" Power Book (867mhz) which I today 512M of RAM put into. Got home, finally updated to Panther. Everything going well and I was trying to get a new Bluetooth mouse to work when I noticed that it wasn't available, just as it had vanished from the System Preferences as well.

Am I overlooking some basic 10.3 thing I don't know about or has it gone with the 128 that was taken out? I don't know where the internal equivalent of a bluetooth dongle is located. I'm suspecting the RAM upgrade, I didn't install it myself.

Any clues or suggestions would be welcome.

Many thanks,

Patrick

thehuncamunca
Apr 19, 2004, 03:51 PM
perhaps the bluetooth module came loose or whoever installed your RAM decided to help himself to it (unlikely since i'm pretty sure it's fixed in with sodder)

I have a 12" Power Book (867mhz) which I today 512M of RAM put into. Got home, finally updated to Panther. Everything going well and I was trying to get a new Bluetooth mouse to work when I noticed that it wasn't available, just as it had vanished from the System Preferences as well.

Am I overlooking some basic 10.3 thing I don't know about or has it gone with the 128 that was taken out? I don't know where the internal equivalent of a bluetooth dongle is located. I'm suspecting the RAM upgrade, I didn't install it myself.

Any clues or suggestions would be welcome.

Many thanks,

Patrick

patrick0brien
Apr 20, 2004, 02:15 AM
-Sarmoung

I've had this happen before. Try repairing your permissions. I've found that that is often the issue. It's a cheap solution too. :D

WinterMute
Apr 20, 2004, 03:20 AM
Patrick's right, repairiing permissions is a 1st step you should always do.

However, exactly the same thing happened to my 17" a while back, it was cured by doing a hard shutdown and restart after 10 seconds. Choosing Restart from the menu doesn't accomplish all the testing that Shutdown does.

This brought the BT module back up right smart... :D

virividox
Apr 20, 2004, 03:53 AM
do the hard shutdown :)

worked on mine when it happened to me