PDA

View Full Version : Software Update on Device

KiwiTech
Apr 8, 2009, 08:45 AM
Hi, I accidentally updated the software on my provisioned device through iTunes. If I go to Organizer in XCode, I see the device but it is not recognized. How do I restore to the older version?

jnic
Apr 8, 2009, 08:50 AM
Which version did you update to?

KiwiTech
Apr 8, 2009, 09:10 AM
Which version did you update to?

I updated to 2.2.1. I did not realized that by doing so XCode no longer recognizes the device as the provisioned device.

caveman_uk
Apr 8, 2009, 09:22 AM
It should still be OK. I've upgraded through iTunes several times.

KiwiTech
Apr 8, 2009, 09:25 AM
It should still be OK. I've upgraded through iTunes several times.

When I am trying to build a new application through XCode, it is giving error saying no provisioned device attached. Do i need to re-load the provisioning codes?

jnic
Apr 8, 2009, 09:32 AM
Do i need to re-load the provisioning codes?

Yup. In the Organizer, drag and drop the provisioning file you're building with from your list of provisioning profiles onto the device you're attempting to install on.

KiwiTech
Apr 8, 2009, 09:37 AM
Yup. In the Organizer, drag and drop the provisioning file you're building with from your list of provisioning profiles onto the device you're attempting to install on.

I did that already but did not help. There is still a yellow dot against the device in the Organizer window. I assume it should be green...

KiwiTech
Apr 8, 2009, 10:13 AM
I did that already but did not help. There is still a yellow dot against the device in the Organizer window. I assume it should be green...

Will it help to do a restore from iTunes?

DaveP
Apr 8, 2009, 02:49 PM
Will it help to do a restore from iTunes?

I had the same issue upon upgrading to 2.2.1. No combination of moving/deleting the provisioning profiles and restarts of XCode fixed it. But a restore in iTunes did fix the issue for me.