PDA

View Full Version : I have three errors that wont go away!--HELP! (PLEASE)

jonah153
Apr 10, 2009, 11:08 AM
I am pretty new to developing but I do know a thing or two...but there is a problem. I downloaded the iphone sdk and started using xcode. I open a blank project (window based application) and as soon as I open it I press "Build and Go" I HAVE THREE ERRORS!!!

1. Unable to create directory /var/folders/Rj/RjhRY3mPFz0kvyqJCUd6rE+++TM/-Caches-/com.apple.Xcode.502/SharedPrecompiledHeaders/untitled_Prefix-dsjprbsmyrrytwddlihxssjkwmgo

2. error: couldn't create directory /var/folders/Rj/RjhRY3mPFz0kvyqJCUd6rE+++TM/-Caches-/com.apple.Xcode.502/SharedPrecompiledHeaders/untitled_Prefix-dsjprbsmyrrytwddlihxssjkwmgo: Permission denied

3. /Users/Jonah/Desktop/untitled/untitled_Prefix.pch:1: fatal error: can't create precompiled header /var/folders/Rj/RjhRY3mPFz0kvyqJCUd6rE+++TM/-Caches-/com.apple.Xcode.502/SharedPrecompiledHeaders/untitled_Prefix-dsjprbsmyrrytwddlihxssjkwmgo/untitled_Prefix.pch.gch: Permission denied

THE weirdest part is that when I go to untitled_Prefix.pch and get info and click "make file localizable" the third error goes away. Thank you so much to anyone that can help!

KoolStar
Apr 10, 2009, 11:56 AM
It sounds like it could be a bad install of the sdk. Have you tried reinstalling it?

jonah153
Apr 10, 2009, 02:12 PM
It sounds like it could be a bad install of the sdk. Have you tried reinstalling it?

I had the dmg file saved and tried reinstalling that way but it did the same thing. Should I download it again?

jonah153
Apr 10, 2009, 10:30 PM
Ok, I tried re-downloading and re-installing xcode and everything on the iphone sdk and STILL don't know whats wrong! Please help me!

mccannmarc
Apr 11, 2009, 04:47 AM
If that doesn't work try downloading Onyx and do a repair permissions on disk

jonah153
Apr 11, 2009, 09:46 AM

how do i do that? I have onyx but I dont know what to do on it...please help! thanks so much

jonah153
Apr 11, 2009, 10:20 AM

i did the onyx thing and it didn't work. same thee errors. PLEASE SOMEONE HELP!!!!

BUT....here is what onyx told me after i did the maitnence...

Started verify/repair permissions on disk disk0s2 Macintosh HD
User differs on "System/Library/CoreServices/DefaultDesktop.jpg", should be 0, user is 502
Group differs on "System/Library/CoreServices/DefaultDesktop.jpg", should be 0, group is 20
Permissions differ on "private/var/log/secure.log", should be -rw------- , they are -rw-r-----
ACL found but not expected on "private/var/root/Library/Preferences"
ACL found but not expected on "private/var/root/Library"
ACL found but not expected on "private/var/root"
Permissions differ on "Applications/Utilities/AirPort Utility.app/Contents/Resources/lanArrow.png", should be -rwxrwxr-x , they are -rw-rw-r--
Permissions differ on "Applications/Utilities/AirPort Utility.app/Contents/Resources/lanCheck.png", should be -rwxrwxr-x , they are -rw-rw-r--
Permissions differ on "Applications/Utilities/AirPort Utility.app/Contents/Resources/lanDisabled.png", should be -rwxrwxr-x , they are -rw-rw-r--
Permissions differ on "Applications/Utilities/AirPort Utility.app/Contents/Resources/wanArrow.png", should be -rwxrwxr-x , they are -rw-rw-r--
Permissions differ on "Applications/Utilities/AirPort Utility.app/Contents/Resources/wanCheck.png", should be -rwxrwxr-x , they are -rw-rw-r--
Permissions differ on "Applications/Utilities/AirPort Utility.app/Contents/Resources/wanDisabled.png", should be -rwxrwxr-x , they are -rw-rw-r--
Permissions differ on "Library/Application Support/Apple/ParentalControls/ALRHelperJobs", should be drwxrwxr-x , they are drwxr-xr-x
Permissions differ on "Library/Internet Plug-Ins/Flash Player.plugin/Contents/Resources/English.lproj/Localized.rsrc", should be -rw-rw-r-- , they are -rw-r--r--
Permissions differ on "Library/Internet Plug-Ins/flashplayer.xpt", should be -rw-rw-r-- , they are -rw-r--r--
Permissions differ on "System/Library/User Template/English.lproj/Library/Preferences", should be drwx------ , they are drwx---rwx
Permissions differ on "System/Library/User Template/English.lproj/Library", should be drwx------ , they are drwx---rwx
Permissions differ on "Library/Internet Plug-Ins/Flash Player.plugin/Contents/Info.plist", should be -rw-rw-r-- , they are -rw-r--r--
Permissions differ on "Library/Internet Plug-Ins/Flash Player.plugin/Contents/MacOS/Flash Player", should be -rwxrwxr-x , they are -rwxr-xr-x
Permissions differ on "Library/Internet Plug-Ins/Flash Player.plugin/Contents/Resources/Flash Player.rsrc", should be -rw-rw-r-- , they are -rw-r--r--
Permissions differ on "private/var/spool/cups/cache/rss", should be drwxr-xr-x , they are drwxrwxr-x
Permissions differ on "Library/Internet Plug-Ins/Flash Player.plugin/Contents/Resources/ko.lproj/Localized.rsrc", should be -rw-rw-r-- , they are -rw-r--r--
Permissions differ on "Library/Internet Plug-Ins/Flash Player.plugin/Contents/Resources/zh_CN.lproj/Localized.rsrc", should be -rw-rw-r-- , they are -rw-r--r--
Permissions differ on "Library/Internet Plug-Ins/Flash Player.plugin/Contents/Resources/zh_TW.lproj/Localized.rsrc", should be -rw-rw-r-- , they are -rw-r--r--
ACL found but not expected on "Applications"
ACL found but not expected on "Library"
Permissions differ on ".", should be drwxrwxr-t , they are drwxrwxrwx

Finished verify/repair permissions on disk disk0s2 Macintosh HD

macfanboy
Apr 11, 2009, 12:29 PM
try reinstalling at a different directory

jonah153
Apr 12, 2009, 12:17 PM
Just in case anyone is wondering...I found a solution to the problem. I looked at the errors and they all had to do with some folder in var/folders/.....etc...well anyways, i showed all hidden files on my computer, went to that folder that it was talking about and set it so everyone on the computer has permission to read&write. then i clicked "build and go" and everything was GREAT!!!! thanks for anyone that helped....:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:):p:eek::apple: