Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JCntx1

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 19, 2004
Recently purchased new ibook - noticed that there was no card or notice at registration to get the free MacWorld subscription which I thought was customary. Anyone know if that's still the case or not?

Sparky's

macrumors 6502a
Feb 11, 2004
Interesting though, when my company bought 3 Mac G3s a while back I got MacWorld and MacAddict, after about a year I dropped MacWorld and kept Addict I think it's (in my opinion and for my needs) a better mag, plus you get the CD with all kinds of goodies on it with each issue.

latergator116

macrumors 68000
Sep 30, 2003
Providence, RI
Sparky's said:
Interesting though, when my company bought 3 Mac G3s a while back I got MacWorld and MacAddict, after about a year I dropped MacWorld and kept Addict I think it's (in my opinion and for my needs) a better mag, plus you get the CD with all kinds of goodies on it with each issue.

Right now I am getting both Macaddict and Macworld, but I think I will let my Macaddict subscription run out. The magazine just isnt as good as it used to be :(

oldschool

macrumors 65816
Sep 30, 2003
latergator116 said:
Right now I am getting both Macaddict and Macworld, but I think I will let my Macaddict subscription run out. The magazine just isnt as good as it used to be :(

I remember when i was like 12 years old loving the MacAddict magazines i would get at seven eleven.

Those cds chock full of shareware. I installed so much crap on my performa from those cds, i was constantly reinstalling the system software.

Sparky's

macrumors 6502a
Feb 11, 2004
I guess I'll have to go back and do some comparison again. What I'm having a little fuse over is that Addict's archives are incomplete. They list everything that was in an issue but you can only see "a few" articles in full. :mad:

oldschool

macrumors 65816
Sep 30, 2003
Kingsnapped said:
Go with the physical issues. I've had lots of problems with the ziono reader rubbish, including my entire subscription being year old issues.

yeah i wouldn't go for an online magazine of any sort. Since you're online already, you could just look up the information on the net.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.