Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mohummad.ali

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 16, 2008
hello friends!
i have a problem, i have just made an account with in iTunes with click and buy, but the thing is, my iTouch simply buys the stuff that i click, and doesn"t promt for a password!
I want to be asked for a password everytime i make a purchase!
thanks for any help!
Ali

wardev

macrumors regular
Jul 28, 2008
The ipod touch and iphone don't request your password again if you've entered it before. It will ask again after you turn it off or after a short period of time. no more than 1 hour but i probably am wrong seeing as I've never tested this.

kh14

macrumors member
Jan 4, 2009
:apple:you probably have entered your password before. It will not ask for a password for every app you download. The period of time between the password prompt is around 5 to 10 mins. Dont worry your ipod is ok

statik13

macrumors regular
Jun 6, 2008
hmm, I thought there was a way to set that through the iPod. I know mine prompts me the first time and then won't prompt again if I buy another app within 2-3 minutes. After that it prompts again.

How is your iTunes account set up? Do you have it set to do 1-click purchases or to use the shopping basket?

kwk1

macrumors 6502
Aug 30, 2008
Canada
Mine is set to 1 click purchases and it never prompts me for my password.
You probably have to uncheck that option and it will ask you for a password each time.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.